Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

kelkorkesis

Novice
Hm. Looks like the announcement has revitalized the community over on 4chan. I might head back to where I spawned from originally.
Did you hang out in kingmaker general in /vg/? Are you the enthusiastic monk anon from there?

Bara

Arcane
We really love that the community made turn-based mods that allowed a lot more players to enjoy our game. And we do see its popularity, but right now we’re focusing on making real-time with pause the best we can for Wrath of the Righteous, with a lot more tweaks and fixes. So right now we’re not doing anything for turn-based.

I will add to Alex’s answer that we’re not denying that we might end up working on this in the future. [Turn-based] is a really nice feature and we understand why parts of the community ask for it. And the mods were really cool – we’re glad there are people who actually do this. We might consider it later in development, but for the moment, as Alex said, we are focused on our creative vision, which is real-time with pause, as in Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

We’re listening to our community, and I believe this is why our fans love our studio. We are people-driven, and we listen to our fans what they want. So we know there is an amount of people that actually want this and we will think about it, but we cannot confirm that the decision is made either positive or negative at the moment.

Well hopefully if they don't add a official turn based mode the modders will return for the sequel. If not, ah well rtwp was still fun enough.

I just hope they don't make add turn based mode as a all or nothing stretch goal for their kickstarter.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hm. Looks like the announcement has revitalized the community over on 4chan. I might head back to where I spawned from originally.
Did you hang out in kingmaker general in /vg/? Are you the enthusiastic monk anon from there?
I am! Me and val anon kept the community going for a while via our autistic bumping.
dmkp2Zw.jpg

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

Why would you willingly regress in such a fashion?
Because, that's where I belong, that's where I came from. Besides the pathfinder community here is much better off than I originally thought. You guys have some smart users here. Unlike the steam community.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Sound like playing evil character might be interesting even if you know original adventure path.

Necrobro

Literate
Sound like playing evil character might be interesting even if you know original adventure path.
It's not as if we have any other cRPG where you are able to become a Lich with actual story and narrative consequences that go beyond minimal things anyways.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

Why would you willingly regress in such a fashion?
Because, that's where I belong, that's where I came from. Besides the pathfinder community here is much better off than I originally thought. You guys have some smart users here. Unlike the steam community.
I'm a dum dum. But its okay.

Dodo1610

Arcane

a devil with Hit Dice greater than yours (should be witnessed by Hellknight). Easiest way is to take Armiger archetype for a Fighter - it puts you on the path to become a Hell Knight with some straightforward features (like additional skill points for Intimidate and Knowledge).

What becoming a Hell Knight will give you? Oh, some nifty bonuses.
Your first bonuses can be described as “paladin of the law” (“bureaucratic paladin” of sorts). One of your first level abilities, Smite Chaos, functions like paladin’s Smite Evil,
but against chaotic-aligned enemies. Detect Chaos is similar to Detect Evil, but it allows you to detect aura of chaotic aligned creatures.

You will also have to choose an Order.

Mechanically, your order determines to what disciplines you have access. But it also adds some flavor: what tennants
you should follow and what reckoning you practice. There are also some small additional things like preferred weapon, symbol, armor features and such like.
Soon you will also earn the right to wear the collection of spikes, known as Hell Knight Armor.

There is a class feature that improves it by increasing maximum Dexterity bonus and lowering Armor Check penalty, to the maximum of +3. It also doesn’t reduce your maximum speed.

A nice bonus will be access to spell Discern Lies (you use it as a spell-like ability) - it allows to see when people lie

Then you gain access to disciplines. Some of them are available to all Hell Knights, some - only to specific orders. You will have three disciplines.
and first one must relate to your order. There are some nice ones, like Fearsomeness (Intimidate foes and make them frightened rather than shaken), or fun options like Trace (allow you to track a creature if you have something
On the same level you gain a bonus to your Will save against one of subschools, that affects emotions. Later it improves and you choose additional subschools.

One of the high-level features is Lawbringer! You treat all your attacks as Lawful for overcoming damage reduction.
Another feature gives Hell Knight armor some awesome bonuses: to Charisma checks, darkvision, HIGH resistance to fire (30) and smaller resistance to cold and acid (10)
And the 10 level feature is named Hell’s Knight. Character becomes immune to fire while wearing Hell Knight plate and can imbue one weapon with one ability: axiomatic, flaming burst or unholy. This ability stays on weapon while the Hell Knight is within 100 feet from it.

And, yes, you can touch your barbarians AXXE and give it this bonus. Unfortunately, you can maintain this buff only on one weapon at a time, so you can drink tea while barbarian wreaks havoc in enemy ranks.
But what about casters you might ask? Oh, there is Hell Knight Signifer for them. But this is a story for another #wrath_of_system

So does this mean discern lies is a spell that you can use ingame?

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
>slay a devil.
Whoa. Now that sounds dope. No clue if I would ever play such a class. But I sure as fuck like that. having to fulfill a prerequisite like that for a prestige class, it sounds so fun. Oh my fooking god when is the kickstarter! I want to throw money at these Russians already. Also Monk sub classes? Anything cool for monks?!

frajaq

Erudite
someone will figure out the earliest devil you can kill and the easiest way to do it so you can unlock this shit ASAP

ArchAngel

Arcane

This class makes no sense.. why is the prerequisite for a lawful focused class that has abilities vs Chaos to kill a Lawful outsider instead of needing to kill a Demon that is a Chaotic Outsider.
Is this a typo from devs or some Paizo brainfart?

Last edited by a moderator:

kelkorkesis

Novice
PSA: Do not get excited over prestige classes for Pathfinder. Paizo virtually abandoned them and tried to offer similar customization with class archetypes. Prestiges classes we have in Pathfinder 1E are mostly legacy from DnD3.5. Paizo's own prestiges classes are almost always downgrade.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
PSA: Do not get excited over prestige classes for Pathfinder. Paizo virtually abandoned them and tried to offer similar customization with class archetypes. Prestiges classes we have in Pathfinder 1E are mostly legacy from DnD3.5. Paizo's own prestiges classes are almost always downgrade.
Well if the developers are reworking the mythic system, mayhaps they might address the prestige classes. Who knows. I am more interested in what will happen to my favorite class. I mean I wish they could at least add Hellcat, it's one of my favorite thematic monk class.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Just put to put into perspective how great of a class hellcat is for monk. Consider the following:
Hellcat fury:
At 1st level, a hellcat can deal slashing damage with his unarmed strikes. At 4th level, whenever a hellcat confirms a critical hit with his slashing unarmed strike, the target of that attack also takes 1d4 points of bleed damage. At 8th level, the bleed damage increases to 1d6 points; at 12th level, the bleed damage increases to 1d8 points; at 16th level, the bleed damage increases to 1d10 points; and at 20th level, the bleed damage increases to 1d12 points.
Source: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/co...paizo-monk-archetypes/hellcat-monk-archetype/

ArchAngel

Arcane
Just put to put into perspective how great of a class hellcat is for monk. Consider the following:
Hellcat fury:
At 1st level, a hellcat can deal slashing damage with his unarmed strikes. At 4th level, whenever a hellcat confirms a critical hit with his slashing unarmed strike, the target of that attack also takes 1d4 points of bleed damage. At 8th level, the bleed damage increases to 1d6 points; at 12th level, the bleed damage increases to 1d8 points; at 16th level, the bleed damage increases to 1d10 points; and at 20th level, the bleed damage increases to 1d12 points.
Source: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/co...paizo-monk-archetypes/hellcat-monk-archetype/
Lol so bad. So you only got 10% chance per attack to apply bleed? And only if your confirm it lol. Not to mention bleed damage does not even work vs many enemies like undead, constructs, elementals and such.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom