Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Bohr

Arcane
It's time for JarlFrank to step in and save the project.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They've just announced on Discord that an update will be released later today. There's a good chance I'll be asleep when they release it, so I thought I'd let you guys know in case someone wants to share the update news.

My bet is they will be announcing that the combat beta is being pushed back to June. j/king

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here it is! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ceresgames/realms-beyond-ashes-of-the-fallen/posts/2744020

Finished Map, Coin Design & Combat Beta Status

Finished Map
acaccf5039cb0c54ac3a6494e7e41532_original.jpg

As you may remember, a map painted by the talented Francesca Baerald was our first stretch goal. Today, we can proudly present the magnificent outcome. Francesca delivered a masterpiece of a map with a huge number of details and a high density of information for the player. Cities, villages, dungeons, rivers, roads… all the major landmarks you will encounter on your journey through Argea are part of this highly detailed hand-painted map.

As a reminder, the map will be printed and included into the physical game box editions. It will also appear in-game on the map screen, where it will help you plan your journey through the Realms Beyond.

We try to avoid spoilers at this point, therefore we won’t show the full high resolution map yet. But as little demonstration of the level of detail you can expect, here is a small zoomed in part of the map (marked in red color).

23049f9c8b5582912cd1efcccbc8d268_original.jpg

The Central Realms of Argea

Click to enlarge

Coin Design
Along with the map, Francesca also designed the concept art of the coin that will be included in the boxed edition of Realms Beyond. The drawing is exceptionally beautiful, and we let you have a glimpse at what the coin will look like. On the obverse, you can see Conall, the King of Cormac, and the reverse bears his coat of arms and the motto of his kingdom.

The colored version is just an illustration. The actual coin will be minted from metal and therefore be of a single color. It will have a diameter of approximately 40 millimeters (about 1.57 inch).

8f9414f40e49d0a5cc720600e7dd74b5_original.jpg

Backer Contributions
Once the combat demo is complete and published, we will finally work on the backer contributions. For that purpose, we have already added an inventory to our forums, where backers can enter their reward data based on backer tier. Before we can unlock it, we first have to check for potential issues with privacy and copyright (this is especially relevant for backers contributing NPC portraits, since we will work with your photos).

In addition, backers of tiers from 500 EUR upwards will be contacted personally by email, as their reward content requires more in-depth cooperation for its implementation into the game.

Combat Beta Status
We’re still working hard on completing the combat beta, but aren’t quite happy with its current state yet. Apart from a couple of bugs and missing elements (such as monster portraits and SFX), we are also working on the content and encounter design. As the combat beta will be the first public release of our game, we want to deliver a good first impression (especially since some people will likely show off the gameplay on stream or on YouTube). Therefore we can’t hastily release a half-baked and bug-ridden version of it, as this would taint the image of our game in the public eye. We ask you to be patient for a few more weeks, so we can release a polished version we can be proud of and you can enjoy without hiccups.

To make the waiting a little more bearable, here are a handful of screenshots from the first level of the combat demo (we don’t want to spoil the later levels yet!):

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Yeah, at that level of content density and that size of the map, it's not getting finished within the next 5 years, if at all.
You're wrong. Let me quote one of the main writer :
The rest will be filled out with expansions etc.
You could compare it to how Elder Scrolls has the entirely of Tamriel mapped out, but each game only visits one province

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do the screens showing the combat look a little weird to anyone else? Perhaps it's the way the tiles are highlighted, or the individual tiles themselves? I'm also not a big fan of the portraits at all, they seem very low res and clash with the better looking background. And perhaps it's just me, but I got a weird sense of low resolution all around from each of those screenshots. Something seems kind of off and blurry; it vaguely reminds me of AoD.

Regardless, game is looking promising, and I look forward to more info.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Do the screens showing the combat look a little weird to anyone else? Perhaps it's the way the tiles are highlighted, or the individual tiles themselves? I'm also not a big fan of the portraits at all, they seem very low res and clash with the better looking background. And perhaps it's just me, but I got a weird sense of low resolution all around from each of those screenshots. Something seems kind of off and blurry; it vaguely reminds me of AoD.

Regardless, game is looking promising, and I look forward to more info.

Concerning the portraits, they promised us lots and lots, so they had to keep in mind their low budget, but yeah, they could be far better.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Do the screens showing the combat look a little weird to anyone else? Perhaps it's the way the tiles are highlighted, or the individual tiles themselves?

Yup, there is something weird going on, I can barely discern the characters (for example in the last screenshot, the one with the stairs). Everything blends together sorta.

Mortmal

Arcane
Angle is wrong Indeed, but at least there's some evidence , as tenuous it is, they are working on the game .

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder how fast animations are. From the looks of it, we will have fairly large encounters. In one screenshot, there are 17 combatants.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom