Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kastle. Fortress. Dwarf Fortress.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Grimwulf did you fabricate the story of Blib mindcontrolling Ónul while the crafting was going on? Or did Blib really stay with Ónul during the process?

Well, Onul was possessed. This one here:

NEQEUsi.png

It's an actual game mechanic. The game says she was "possessed by unknown forces."

But we know who it was. :M

Then she claimed a workshop. Then she ran around the fortress, gathering materials and stuff. You found her at the moment she was nearly done. Needless to say, everything regarding this artifact was completely under DF's design. The choice of materials, type of artifact, design, images, name - all that follow certain behind-the-scenes rules, algorithms, different RNG's, etc., based on particular dwarf's personality, preferences, background, current situation.

This game is pure magic, really.

It's still so goddamn beautiful though. Never had an artifact made with my likeness before.

Yes, I can't stop looking at the thing too. RoBoBOBR posted the image in less than three hours after the update.

HOW??

Maybe he's undercover Kruggsmash. Or the man who taught Kruggsmash how to draw.

Piece of goddamn art, I say.

Oh, and the propaganda is top notch. Yep. Flaying isn't beneath me. Nothing says "take this seriously!" like a message written on fresh skin.

It was your idea originally, after all.

Might we even call it

"Tissue 1"?

:troll:

Five years passed since then.

Goddamit, time flies so fast.

:negative:

Five years... That is a whole lot of booze consumed since then. :salute:

Also, that artifact, - first Ónul creates this artifact earring, with my likeness on it, then claims it for herself as an heirloom!
That dwarf is stalking me worse then Reinhardt

Inspectah

Savant
Needs to be said, observation is tantamount to art
As the still best methodology to science, I utilized perception to see and create what was needed
Observation of my beaultiful sister, for instance. Nice, spontaneous and absolutely retarded.
One might say that she was lacking a few screws in her head

vazha

Arcane
Pretty chuffed to say that got the Dominions reference. You ve come a long way since then, though

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Winter is here, komrades.

gSGXlr1.png

And Redlabored is as pathetic as ever. Because of YOU!

The booze situation was swiftly fixed, but not swiftly enough to prevent drinking from the river. Numerous dwarves will have bad memories of this nasty event.

Mj0Vchh.png

While I'm making a comprehensive write-up about Kingdomstole and assorted info, I want you to

MAKE YOUR KEY CHOICE

Current Agenda: The Monster Hunters

Three well-equipped and combat-hardened dwarves are currently staying in Redlabored as guests. They came here with a singular purpose:

ynTIFsR.png

They will leave Redlabored eventually unless we allow them to live here.

Ye6NYG6.png

They will hang around, usually inside the tavern. Hopefully, they won't start any bar fights, because fighting them is a death sentence. They might help during a siege. They might descend to the caverns to hunt monsters, if we unseal those caverns at some point.

So what will it be?

Option 1: Deny the request. We have no food or booze to spare.
Option 2: Accept the request. What could possibly go wrong?

ADJUST YOUR KEY CHOICES

Sukhāvatī

Some things worked out, and some did not. It's been only a month since your appointment, so perhaps it's too early to judge your performance. But I will regardless.

Tavern improvements.

Your tavern, The Equal Shame Of Subordinates, is working as intended. It's a place where komrades gather to slack from work together. They drink merrily, sing, dance, and waste their time being happy.

You've created a cheerful place if a bit muddy.

mrN74pf.jpg

However, you can make it even worse by assigning a Tavern Keeper and/or Performer.

WjlUSAm.png

We will build a proper Grand Hall in the future, these decisions will be decided via voting. But for now, this is your tavern, so you will decide what to do with it, and I will hold you responsible.

So what's the purpose of a Tavern Keeper and Performer:

1. The Tavern Keeper is supposed to keep the tavern clean and tidy, supplied with food and booze. Instead, he forces visitors to consume more booze.
2. The Performer is supposed to keep the visitors entertained by performing. Music, dancing, etc. Instead he forces visitors to consume more booze.

Having any of those might lead to alcohol poisonings. Those with weak livers might even die. But you forbidden foreign visitors, so we are unlikely to have humans, goblins, etc, ALTHOUGH not every dwarf has a dwarven liver.

Dwarven drunkenness is another possible consequence. Drunk dwarves will start brawls, sometimes ending with permanent wounds or even death, especially if someone like Kalin attacks someone like Fedora Master.

As you see, having a tavern keeper has its own pros and cons.

Pros:
- More booze means better mood;
- Wounded dwarves provide more practice for Kommanding Physician and his staff;
- Komrades might like you more.

Cons:
- Dwarves will drink instead of working;
- Azira will be too busy to sleep;
- Komrades will die.

Here is an excerpt from the Wiki if you want to go full meta:

You can also assign dwarves to the occupations associated with taverns: performers and tavern keepers. However, assigned performers do not appear to actually perform more often than unassigned dwarves, and both performers and tavern keepers will serve drinks in mugs to tavern-goers if your tavern has mugs and a drink stockpile. Serving dwarves tend to provide more alcohol than a creature would normally drink, which can lead to issues with drunkenness and even death, particularly for your non-dwarven long-term residents!

But I say just roll with what you feel is best. Oh, and don't forget to name the dwarf you want to see as Tavern Keeper / Performer. In case you decide to assign one, that is.

Kalin

You still have two positions available, remember? Some new dwarves have been introduced in the last update - you may fill the positions if ye willin'.

Helly

I didn't forget this roll:

Goddammit I wish I had the time to do a proper update myself. Here goes my roll anyway!

Stukos Ringcraters, Dayylu's wife, the speardwarf in Kalin's squad, is completely brainwashed by your propaganda. She is convinced that Grimwulf is a poor leader, who would rather send his military on a suicide mission than talk it over with you. Her experience killing that crippled troglodyte child was traumatizing, to say the least, and now she is completely under your command. Maybe she even has a correspondence with you, updating on Redlabored's current state of affairs, who knows? She will keep a low profile and wait for a suitable moment.

You can vote for KEY CHOICES via Stukos. Even if you don't, Stukos will ALWAYS vote against Grimwulf in case someone decides to pull another revolution.

By the way. I SAW THAT!

XK561n0.png

You just HAD to throw one last "fuck you" before you left!

BsqRWlh.png

Well, FUCK YOU TOO, Helly! :x

:love:

Last edited:

Lizzurd

Cipher
Three well-equipped and combat-hardened dwarves are currently staying in Redlabored as guests. They came here with a singular purpose:
ynTIFsR.png

Beast slayers search for monster to hunt. Some live deep in the caverns and prey with the fangs. Others live in the shiny fortresses and kill with lies.

:M

I vote for monster hunters to stay only if we are going to breach the caverns soon. Otherwise there is a little sense to keep them.

Reinhardt

Arcane
ynTIFsR.png

Beast slayers search for monster to hunt. Some live deep in the caverns and prey with the fangs. Others live in the shiny fortresses and kill with lies.

:M

I vote for monster hunters to stay only if we are going to breach the caverns soon. Otherwise there is a little sense to keep them.
They can protect our gatherers if some critter attacks. Sorry, but that was not very convincing -

GdjlVhF.png

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So what will it be?

Option 2: Accept the request

Aren't they the biggest fighting force we have? It would seems there is looming Goblin invasion as well so they might be good here?

Is there any chance they will officially join us later? Prolebashers probably needs them

Reinhardt

Arcane
So what will it be?

Option 2: Accept the request

Aren't they the biggest fighting force we have? It would seems there is looming Goblin invasion as well so they might be good here?

Is there any chance they will officially join us later? Prolebashers probably needs them
I doubt Kalin will accept them. Remember - he demoted Brother Mother Frank just because he was jealous.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Shaddap! Ah got a kunning plan: send freeloaders into cavurns - den seal em up! We git a big buncha dead monstah, bonaz loot AND keep our booze!

Also pickin Azira's stalker and that Ouzo dude for milishu.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Aren't they the biggest fighting force we have?

They are very well-equipped and experienced, sure. Our own fighting force sucks, but we have Kalin. He is a murder machine, and his war hammer doesn't give a damn about the opponent's armor.

frrJmG8.png

It's worth noting that taking part in real combat situation makes combat skillz skyrocket. Killing a bunch of troglodytes is equal to spending a whole Season doing death drills.

However, killing is also traumatizing. Being a rather unique dwarf personality-wise, Kalin isn't affected by PTSD as much as the others, but if we keep sending him to fight enemies solo, he will break. He's already in danger of losing it.

It would seems there is looming Goblin invasion as well so they might be good here?

Not necessarily. They cannot be controlled or ordered around in any way. If the goblins attack, they might not give a flying fuck, drinking their asses off in the tavern.

Is there any chance they will officially join us later?

No. They will stay independent.

Shaddap! Ah got a kunning plan: send da freeloaders into da cavurns - den seal em up!

It's near damn impossibru. So here's the possible scenarios of what will happen if we unseal the caverns for the purpose of luring them into a cunning trap:

1. Nothing. They will keep drinking.
2. One of them might descend and wander around a bit. Others will drink. Then the one who descended will return. Some other might descend a bit later.
3. Instead of going to the caverns, they will start a tavern brawl. While they decimate the population, a horde of troglodytes will ascend from the caverns, seeking vengeance. Dead komrades will trigger a tantrum spiral, causing more death and insanity in the fortress.
4. All of them will descend to the caverns, and we will be able to seal the entrance. Then loot their corpses after their inevitable death.

Of all possible scenarios, the 4th one is the least likely to happen.

Also pickin Azira's stalker and that Ouzo dude for milishu.

Hace El Oso, choose yer preferred weapon and a callsign.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Hey, the more dwarfs lazing in the tavern drinking, the merrier, no?

Reinhardt

Arcane

Hey, the more dwarfs lazing in the tavern drinking, the merrier, no?
Are you planning to visit KKK soon?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom