Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vestaria Saga - SRPG series from the FE creator - second game out now

Endemic

Arcane
If Merida gets reduced to 0hp in Chapter 2, the pirates capture her. She reappears about 9 chapters later in a different class.

cuz14y0usaekh4ofukmx.png

Probably not worth it though, given silk knight is worse than paladin in every way besides mobility.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
And Giving up here, apparently if in chapter 9 you enter particular jurt its particulary scummy rapist occupant will spawn and attack you, and yurt destroys itself after combat, and it counts as destroyed so it prevents unit in chapter 11 being recruited. Fuck this despite my autism im not OCD enought for this despite my autism. guess i know why Kaga got fired from Fire Emblem.

Endemic

Arcane
I don't recall that being related to Dolstoy's yurt?

Poisoning the river in ch11 prevents you from recruiting Ma'aya. The only other thing I can think of is that you killed her father earlier, but he identifies himself...

CaesarCzech

Scholar
I don't recall that being related to Dolstoy's yurt?

Poisoning the river in ch11 prevents you from recruiting Ma'aya. The only other thing I can think of is that you killed her father earlier, but he identifies himself...

She isnt anywhere on map. i waited for turn 40. and searched everywhere she isnt there. i moved past that but i dont know what is the deal with chapter 13 and recruitment there and chapter 16 and dissapearin Merida. i think im gonna take pause until walkthrought comes.

Endemic

Arcane
Okay, some data has been posted by Aggro_Incarnate to clear up the confusion.

Talk to her with Yaeri to have her leave the map in Chapter 11 and join at the start of Chapter 12. (Cannot be recruited if any of the yurts were destroyed or Ke'mar or his Eagle Knights were attacked in Chapter 9, or if the river was poisoned in Chapter 11)

So, just avoid that area and deal with the assassin.

You can talk to Ke'mar with Cyltan to get a weapon that will help with said assassin, if you need it.

edit: From testing this just now, triggering the ambush in ch9 doesn't interfere with the recruitment. Strange...

Last edited:

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Okay, some data has been posted by Aggro_Incarnate to clear up the confusion.

Talk to her with Yaeri to have her leave the map in Chapter 11 and join at the start of Chapter 12. (Cannot be recruited if any of the yurts were destroyed or Ke'mar or his Eagle Knights were attacked in Chapter 9, or if the river was poisoned in Chapter 11)

So, just avoid that area and deal with the assassin.

You can talk to Ke'mar with Cyltan to get a weapon that will help with said assassin, if you need it.

edit: From testing this just now, triggering the ambush in ch9 doesn't interfere with the recruitment. Strange...

Where is she on map then exactly ill try restarting back to that map and well see.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
As a fan of classic FE games having a version with full mouse support, skippable animations and all new story native on PC is kind of amazing. Really hoping this gets enough attention for a few hundred sequels.

Endemic

Arcane
Ma'aya shows up in the group of 6 eagle riders in the southeastern portion of the town, and doesn't move.

Approaching from the north is probably the easiest way to deal with it.

To be honest, the main reason she's useful is the bargain skill, she gets a 33% discount vs Cezar's 25%. Besides that she's merely competent at fighting, even after promotion.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
I've looked through forums etc. for this but I can't seem to find an answer.

What determines the xp dropoff as a unit levels up?

I notice it pretty much grinds to a halt when you have for example a level 9 unit attacking a level 3 unit but it's not clear when exactly it becomes a massive waste of xp to attack lower level enemies. It feels so satisfying to have a high level unit smash everything around it but I feel I'm gimping my other characters at some point.

Endemic

Arcane

I notice it pretty much grinds to a halt when you have for example a level 9 unit attacking a level 3 unit but it's not clear when exactly it becomes a massive waste of xp to attack lower level enemies. It feels so satisfying to have a high level unit smash everything around it but I feel I'm gimping my other characters at some point.

https://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Vestaria_Saga_1_Calculations

The xp formula includes a significant modifier for relative level to the enemy.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron

https://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Vestaria_Saga_1_Calculations

The xp formula includes a significant modifier for relative level to the enemy.

This was exactly what I was looking for thanks!

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Having a lot of fun with the game so far. Story is enjoyable, with some dialogue going quite a bit beyond the usual jap crap. Level design and music are awesome. Love how the game is filled with little secrets that range from recruiting certain enemies in levels to losing units and having them reappear later. The game also punishes you for playing stupid. I like that.

What I don't like is how the controls are shit. The game looks like Kanga never did leave the nes era and how everything feels clunky at best. Still, at its price I'm more than happy. Here's hoping we'll see more of these.

Endemic

Arcane
What I don't like is how the controls are shit.

There is mouse and controller support by default. Or did you mean the default keybinds? You can change them in the game.ini file.

Dangen migrated the game to a newer build of SRPG Studio, the version it was made in was keyboard-only.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Ok I checked this and played few missions.
Looks like legit older Fire Emblem. If it come out on GBA or DS with FE name nobody would see a difference.
It have FE system with all typical FE stuff, like recruit able(from enemy) heroes, hidden treasures/units, class progression etc.
So far so good.
Graphic kind of suck tho especially animation is bad. Music if fine. Not to bad but not really great. Story and characters are typical FE one, so its decent(for FE game).
But it remind me why I dislike FE games(i beat few older ones on emulators when I was younger and had fun then).
-UI is like FE - clumsy, also mouse work weird for me not really precise
-whole consumable weapons system with little options to repair them o0r even sometimes buy them
-not really a strategy game - more like a puzzle
-OP units are OP and can solo whole maps, infinite counterattack FTW
-shitty, totally RNG leveling(sometimes you level up and get NOTHING)

I mean if you like older FE games its just like them. And so far it as pretty good. Savescumming level ups is harder tho thanks to saves only each 5 turns.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
... Really hoping this gets enough attention for a few hundred sequels.
If you speak weeb tongue then you are in luck there are two new side games you can play for free.

https://serenesforest.net/2019/03/27/vestaria-saga-silverbirchs-sacred-sword-heroes-lucca-released/

I don't but thanks anyway!

Honestly, this game is pretty damn hard. The only FE I've completed was the first release on the GBA and this feels like a thousand times harder.

I've restarted a few times to try and balance out xp better but it hasn't seemed to help.

Any hot Codex Tips™ on offer?

Endemic

Arcane
Any hot Codex Tips™ on offer?

Without knowing where you got stuck, some basic pointers:

-Plan out your moves ahead of time (this isn't always possible due to dynamic objectives; revise your plan as needed)
-Pay attention to dialogue, it isn't just there for flavour; this starts becoming critical from chapter 5 onwards
-Your axe users can climb cliffs
-Weapons disappear when they run out of uses, so don't waste something like Edelstern on generic enemies. You have a limited supply of thaumite to repair weapons/staves, so employ it wisely
-If you run out of money, your thief can give you more once per chapter when he's placed next to Athol
-Stats are intentionally deflated, your offensive power is mostly from weapons
-Units normally leave their inventory in the convoy when they depart your group, but this doesn't apply to preference weapons like Doyenne (this won't be an issue for the early maps though)

Endemic

Arcane
One other important thing I forgot: the unit roster shows talk options when available.

jac8awol

Arbiter
God damn, I played this and really enjoyed it. Made me find the older FE games on emulators and play through some of those, but I find Vestaria to be better. Now getting impatient for English translations of the side stories...

Endemic

Arcane
Is Part 2 finished yet or is it still in work Endemic ?

It was released in Japanese a while ago. http://site.wepage.com/vestariasaga/page5-02 (where it says
Vestaria Saga 外伝-シルヴァビルヒの聖なる剣 ver.1.01  2019.03.27.最終更新 )

Will it be translated too?

No idea, Dangen haven't said anything about that. I wouldn't expect it any time soon, given how many technical issues cropped up with part 1, and the text-heavy nature. For what it's worth, I was able to get understandable machine translation working with it, so I have the gist of the characters are saying and event conditions.

The TBS that was discussed on the blog a few days ago is using an open source equivalent to RPG Maker called SLG. https://github.com/tinytangent/SLG_Maker

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
-shitty, totally RNG leveling(sometimes you level up and get NOTHING)

That's why it's more like SNES FE than GBA
I have a feeling that this is done intentionally so the game is more about tactics than RPG elements

You mean less about tactics and more about RNG elements?
You are talking about game where stats>tactics and one OP unit can easily beat most of enemies(easier than few under leveled ones). ,

Archibald

Arcane
You won't get shit stats on all your guys. Such RNG usually forces you to be creative with your unit selection.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom