Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Ys series

Endemic

Arcane
1adolgajvj.jpg

adol2lajx0.jpg

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
yeah the new Ys 8 update is HUGE, includes better textures and fixes the mipmap generation issue that has plagued the game (on ALL platforms) where it wouldn't generate the correct higher-resolution mipmaps; that's fixed now.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Is the win7/nvida thing fixed now? I'd assume so, but haven't found any direct mention of it on steam forums.

Jinn

Arcane
Speaking of YS VIII, it's on sale for 50% off right now. I think that's the lowest it's gotten on steam. Mighty tempting, particularly with all the improvements.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Actually buying it instead of Iceborne since they hired someone competent to fix their shit and it's on for a decent price while capcom is actively fucking over their customers over a year later instead.

Jinn

Arcane
Bought it now, but will probably hold off awhile before I play it, since I'm kind of waiting for the Trails from Zero translation to drop and too much Falcom at once can burn me out.

Wanted to get it to support this treatment of a game that deserved better upon release, though. Happy about this partnership between Falcom and Durante's porting company. Now if they'd only just drop NISA and give these series back to XSEED where they belong.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I didn't know Durante started a company. That's actually pretty neat. He has talent and actually monetized it properly instead of being like the little bitches trying to sell their bethesda mods.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dayum! Raking in the cash, but he's doing what their incompetent asses can't do.

Falksi

Arcane
Never played any of these, but I thrive on JRPGs

I'm currently playing games on PC, SNES, Megadrive & PS4. Any Y's games on those platforms which folk would recommend playing?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Never played any of these, but I thrive on JRPGs

I'm currently playing games on PC, SNES, Megadrive & PS4. Any Y's games on those platforms which folk would recommend playing?
All ys remakes (except v because it haven't been remade nor localized) are on PC.

Ys I&II, remake of 3, remake of 4, 6,7,8 and origins are on steam.

Unless you are so adamant in playing the original games you dont have to hunt for obscure japanese PC or OS or learn japanese.

L
On playing term, play with the release order.

Ys i&ii then ark of napithism, oath in felghana, origins, 7, celceta, 8

Falksi

Arcane
All ys remakes (except v because it haven't been remade nor localized) are on PC.

Unless you are so adamant in playing the original games you dont have to hunt for obscure japanese PC or OS or learn japanese.

L

Which ones would you actually say are worth playing out of them?

Any order in which best to play them?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

L

Which ones would you actually say are worth playing out of them?

Any order in which best to play them?
Everythig is worth playing.

But in term of quality:
Ys viii>origins> celceta > vii > felghana > napitism.

VIII is a masterpiece. Origins too in different way. Origins is the culmination their 2.5D formula. Best dungeon and boss battles in the series. Celceta is near to ys viii and the 3d gameplay is quite refined from ys vii.

Ys vii is the first full 3d games but i like the stort and setting. It brought some new full features like party member and unique skills per party members also weaknesses, proper equipment system, and alot of the more proper RPG parameters. It is the root (hehe) of all the 3d ys gameplay.

Felghana is decent. Not as good as origins but have its moment.

Napithism is the weakest game. It id their first 2.5D game and it shows. Alot of things are rough and the combat is probably the simplest.

Never played the i&ii remake tho. I heard the final boss bugs out and you have to use 3rd party frame limiter because some of the attack pattern are related to framerate that it is impossible to dodge or something. Kinda put me off the game tbh but i heard it is still actually fun and tight.

Jinn

Arcane
Never played the i&ii remake tho. I heard the final boss bugs out and you have to use 3rd party frame limiter because some of the attack pattern are related to framerate that it is impossible to dodge or something. Kinda put me off the game tbh but i heard it is still actually fun and tight.

I beat that boss without any issues, or any tampering with game at all. Steam version.

Play them someday! They're a lot of fun, and it's great seeing the origin of the series.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom