Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

getter77

Augur
Perhaps he can time it close to the end of the Pathfinder campaign and get a nice shout out amid their final updates at the finish line.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
by BlueSalamander » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:07 pm
Greetings, RPG lovers! Time flies so here's a quick update. Well this January has been quite miserable for me. I've been suffering from flu symptoms during at least half of the month and right now I'm still recovering. To top it all off, yesterday I didn't have any access to electricity or Internet. Sigh.

I was thinking to launch the KotC 2 Kickstarter on 4 February but it's wiser for me to delay it until the Kickstarter campaign for Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous has ended. No point in locking horns with the new Pathfinder game. I did contact Owlcat Games about a cross-promotion of our KS campaigns.

Meanwhile, I've finished work on the KotC 2 KS updates. I'd like to work on preparing stuff to post on the social networks during the campaign.

Aside from that, I've been working on the Steam page for KotC 2. There are plenty of things I still need to do to get the page online. I also want to work on creating Steam achievements for KotC 2.

I submitted KotC 1 to GOG on 29 December 2019 and I've had no reply from them so far, so players who would really like to see KotC 1 on GOG might want to email GOG in support of KotC 1. Thank you!

It's still very much my plan to launch the KS campaign in coming weeks and I'll announce it with a new video on Youtube and some mass emails. But right now my top priority is simply to recover and I still need a lot of resting time. Second priority is to go through my email backlog and Steam forum messages.

Thank you for reading, take care everyone!
icon_e_smile.gif

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I took a peek at his forum recently and noticed the 2009 thread in the KotC 2 sections (ideas or something) and read another topic about combat maneuvers and AI.

There is another topic about bonus feats for hybrid classes with a couple of posters arguing to get some more.
They're both quite interesting.

We can joke all we want but KotC 2 has been in preparation for at least 10 years, more if you consider it's an extension of the excellent KotC system and he really knows his subject, be it combat maneuvers, classes strength and weaknesses, AI, D&D in general.

All we have to do is being patient, it's imminent now, ITZ COMING!

Last edited:

Noddy

Augur
HOLY FUCK RELEASE THE FUCKING GAME YOU FUCKING FUCK ITS BEEN DONE FOR A FUCK YEAR JESUS FUCKING CHIRST HOW CAN IT TAKE A FUCKING YEAR TO MAKE A FUCKER KICKSTARTER FOR A FUCKING GAME YOU ALREADY FCUKING FINSISHED FUCK

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Holy shit, it's never gonna happen. From the Heroic Fantasy Games forum:

BlueSalamander said:
Thank you for your great support, rogaldorn. Never mind the competition, I can't do a KS campaign without the approval of KS. Please see my post on the KS page. My project was declined in ten seconds without any explanation. I contacted KS asking for clarification. They replied that I can submit an appeal but they did not explain the reason for rejecting. I don't see much point in submitting an appeal if I don't understand the reason why they instant-rejected the project in the first place. If you ask what I'm planning to do, well I don't know, but I'm very close to simply throwing in the towel and focus on other things.
icon_e_sad.gif

http://heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=773&p=5403#p5403

V_K

Arcane
From the KS page he's referring to:

Hello there! Well, before I can launch this, I need to get the approval of Kickstarter, and for now I don't have it. I mean I tried submitting the project today and it instantly came back to me as 'not approved' without any specific reason. Maybe it's because of the 1 GBP funding goal, I'm not sure (not a problem for me to set a higher goal, though). I'm allowed to submit a single appeal but I won't do this before getting some actual feedback from Kickstarter. Worst case scenario I guess I could go to Indiegogo or simply do without crowdfunding. Concerning Paypal, I have no problem with that. Thank you for your support!
"Maybe" :lol::lol::lol:

Dorateen

Arcane
I'll be very pleased if he skips the crowdfunding altogether. This is a niche role-playing game for the top 1% D&D enthusiasts. We don't need social media, kickstarter or their flipping "approvals". I want to purchase directly from Heroic Fantasy Games.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I think people here should contact KS and express concern for the denial of this most anticipated project.

Tigranes

Arcane
I imagine that when this dude goes to book a flight ticket, he stares at the page asking for his meal preferences, calls the airline to politely request some explanation, and then ultimately decides to cancel the entire trip

The above process only taking a couple of months, of course

Lukipaluki

Novice
So are we going to complain to Kickstarter or not? I am ready and willing to support Pierre and want to see his hard work pay off.

Alchemist

Arcane
With all respect to Pierre for his accomplishments, what an odd dude. Not sure how he couldn't foresee an issue with the 1 GBP funding goal. KS probably has an instant auto-reject for goals below a certain threshold, as I'm sure it assumes a project is only using KS for promotional (or scamming) purposes and doesn't need actual funding to finish the project. And then after all this build up, talk of "throwing in the towel"?

Anyway, hope he sorts it out, as I look forward to throwing money at this and maybe playing it one day.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
From the KS page he's referring to:

Hello there! Well, before I can launch this, I need to get the approval of Kickstarter, and for now I don't have it. I mean I tried submitting the project today and it instantly came back to me as 'not approved' without any specific reason. Maybe it's because of the 1 GBP funding goal, I'm not sure (not a problem for me to set a higher goal, though). I'm allowed to submit a single appeal but I won't do this before getting some actual feedback from Kickstarter. Worst case scenario I guess I could go to Indiegogo or simply do without crowdfunding. Concerning Paypal, I have no problem with that. Thank you for your support!
"Maybe" :lol::lol::lol:

This is why wisdom isn't a dump stat.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
The share that Kickstarter gets is probably dependent on the funding goal, so kinda understandable that they have little interest in a project with a funding goal of 1 currency unit.

V_K

Arcane
Nope, it's 5% of the sum actually collected.
It's just that they're using the all-or-nothing funding model, and probably see the 1 gbp goal as a way of circumventing that.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
The share that Kickstarter gets is probably dependent on the funding goal, so kinda understandable that they have little interest in a project with a funding goal of 1 currency unit.

I think the share is a flat 10%, so with a 1 buck goal Kickstarter would get... 10 cents.

Yeah.

Also, KS doesn't have a flexible funding option, while IndieGoGo has. Probably to protect backers from possible scams that take the money even if the real goal isn't met and then run with it.

A goal of 1 buck certainly makes KS think it's a scam - a project that wants to get as much money as it can and run with it regardless of whether it reaches the actual goal or not.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
With all respect to Pierre for his accomplishments, what an odd dude. Not sure how he couldn't foresee an issue with the 1 GBP funding goal. KS probably has an instant auto-reject for goals below a certain threshold, as I'm sure it assumes a project is only using KS for promotional (or scamming) purposes and doesn't need actual funding to finish the project. And then after all this build up, talk of "throwing in the towel"?

Anyway, hope he sorts it out, as I look forward to throwing money at this and maybe playing it one day.

I partially agree, he's to blame for not foreseeing this.

Still, seems to me KS is doing the same thing GoG did so much in the past few years, refusing a project for odd reasons.
If it's the scam issue, a quick search would have show them Pierre's accomplishments.
It's probably worse because he probably mentioned KotC and even if he didn't KotC 2 should have triggered a neuron or two.

Fucking bureaucrats.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Pierre Begue makes weird business decisions, chapter... I guess we're at double digits by now, but I stopped counting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom