Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship update #41: begun the closed beta has

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Believe it or not, we finally hit this very important milestone. After 3 years of work I can hardly believe it myself (it's a very surreal feeling). Anyway, the first group of colonists is already playing the demo, so far no crashes or other unpleasantries. If everything goes well, we'll add 10-15 people this weekend and keep adding more each week until we have all the missing pieces, then release it to generic public.

What's left to do: replacing some old animations that Ivan never had a chance to finish, female animations and models, coats (the models are nearly done, need to be textured), all customization options including hair and beards, some GUI tweaks here and there, and extra sounds.

The latest screens:

Yzv8bTC.png

4ZHHMXy.png

zJUiS9W.png

yigyAzw.png

qIpNZNd.png

eVFnUEH.png

jdDk6Ej.png

PH85rFv.png

WNOyGGE.png

sDSkkyU.png

Alphons

Cipher
Congratulations guys, would love to see some more screenshots- these are great.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Who here has access?
AbounI, MRY, Eyestabber, Goral, Daedalos, and hopefully Tigranes who hasn't responded yet.
Wait, what about Sunfire, StaticSpine, Vahha and the elders from the Pioneers of your translators ?
I invited Sunfire; Vaha hasn't been around for a while. As for the rest, we just don't want to be overwhelmed if everyone starts having technical difficulties at once, so this phase is more of perfornance testing. The demo runs fine on our computers but that's too limited a sample. If there are no serious tech issues today and tomorrow, we'll add more people on Sat.

I´ll gladly sign up as beta tester. Where can I apply?
You just did. I hope you don't mind waiting until the weekend.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Is this the famous XCOM: Favela Edition mod I've been hearing so much about?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Only skimmed it (so far) but the UI is looking good. I especially like what you've done with the turn order, reducing it to a vertical list rather than the Unity-looking horizontal portrait queue. Gives the combat portion a more mature, unique look.

Starwars

Arcane
Damn, it's been a while since the AoD beta hasn't it? Best of luck, looking forward to this. :salute:

Sykar

Arcane
Who here has access?
AbounI, MRY, Eyestabber, Goral, Daedalos, and hopefully Tigranes who hasn't responded yet.
Wait, what about Sunfire, StaticSpine, Vahha and the elders from the Pioneers of your translators ?
I invited Sunfire; Vaha hasn't been around for a while. As for the rest, we just don't want to be overwhelmed if everyone starts having technical difficulties at once, so this phase is more of perfornance testing. The demo runs fine on our computers but that's too limited a sample. If there are no serious tech issues today and tomorrow, we'll add more people on Sat.

I do not mind one bit.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Looks awesome. Combat interface seems sleek. Really dig the Tommy Gun description.

PS Marksmanship text is overflowing.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Looks a tad system-heavy, but I guess that's part of the appeal. In this wasteland of hipsterdom I'll gladly take it.

Viata

Arcane
Who here has access?

I do not mind one bit.
Same here.

Btw, Vault Dweller, what is the plan after this? Prepare everything for the early access or it still a long road until then?

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Who here has access?

I do not mind one bit.
Same here.

Btw, Vault Dweller, what is the plan after this? Prepare everything for the early access or it still a long road until then?

I guess he means is it 2020 release?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Prepare for the Early Access. The road to get there isn't that long now as we've been working on the starting areas for a while now. Still, implementing quests and scripting fights will take many months, so I'd say 8-10 months of work.

I guess he means is it 2020 release?
No, it's way too late for that now. Our best case scenario is releasing on EA by the end of the year and then managing to do the rest in a year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom