Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Looking for weird games.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
And by 'weird', I mean utterly schizophrenic. Something along the lines of 'I have no mouth and I must scream' or 'Sanitarium'. Genres don't matter.

Derek Larp

Cipher
How about 'Die Säuberung 2'? It´s basically arcanoid with a swastika-ball where you have to hit hexagons with faces of german politicians, non-whites and jews. Oh and everytime you pick up a powerup somebody screams: "Sieg Heil!!!"

Erebus

Arcane
The Asylum series (NWN 2 mods) is utterly schizophrenic. It's also quite impressive to see what it manages to do with the NWN 2 toolset.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Silent Hill 1 & 2
Pathologic
Undying
Call Of Cthulu - Dark Corners of the world
Nocturne
Bioforge

EDIT: and how did I manage to forget: Shadow of the Comet

Lightknight

Liturgist
Ehh...there was this one IF where you play a junkie trying to get clean, and walking around your consciousness, periodically shifting back to reality, really weird shit, but quite atmospheric. I'll tell you the name of it if i remember.

Oh, and there is always "So Far".

spacemoose

Erudite
Derek Larp said:
How about 'Die Säuberung 2'? It´s basically arcanoid with a swastika-ball where you have to hit hexagons with faces of german politicians, non-whites and jews. Oh and everytime you pick up a powerup somebody screams: "Sieg Heil!!!"
that sounds p sweet

MisterStone

Arcane
Derek Larp said:

Damn, I was about to post that myself. I still don't know wtf that game was about or what happened, and that's even after I won the game.

I remember that Elvira: Mistress Of The Dark was kind of disturbing. It was pretty good, despite the name. I should say though that the monsters and whatnot are pretty mainstream horror (vampire, werewolf, evil knights, fishman, etc.), so it might not be what you are looking for. It was a point an click adventure game, but very free-roaming, and good puzzles as well as OK action-based combat.

117787598600rf4.png

THat's what death via werewolf looks like. :cool:

DefJam101

Arcane
Yeah, CoC was pretty fucked up, in a very good way. List of things that happen in CoC:

An inbred fish-fuck monster rips a guy's entrails out and throws them over his shoulder at you.

A man practically stapled to the wall is being kept alive with his organs in separate jars across the room.

Man-eating starfish.

A first person sequence where you watch your subjective self fall into--and get torn through--a meat grinder, and then see the fleshy chunks and blood pour out onto the floor as the perspective shifts back to the player character.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
DefJam101 said:
Yeah, CoC was pretty fucked up, in a very good way. List of things that happen in CoC:

An inbred fish-fuck monster rips a guy's entrails out and throws them over his shoulder at you.

A man practically stapled to the wall is being kept alive with his organs in separate jars across the room.

Man-eating starfish.

A first person sequence where you watch your subjective self fall into--and get torn through--a meat grinder, and then see the fleshy chunks and blood pour out onto the floor as the perspective shifts back to the player character.
Ah yes, I believe Bethesda made that game.

There was a bit of a hype behind it, but then it went away, and I didn't even realize it when it came out. Was intending to try it, and maybe I will, someday.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom