Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft III: Reforged - now with lowest user metacritic score of all time

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I'm salty. Had Frozen throne installed on my computer for a decade, still played custom games like castle fight from time to time.

Now have to dl 30gb worth of bs I'm not interested in, and have to launch it via blizz launcher to boot, end result: uninstalled TFT.

Also fuck their new EULA, I hadn't played the various dbz games in ages but still fancied resident evil maps from time to time, which obviously are a no go now, also them LOTR and Troy maps. Oh and what about run kitty run? Those had copyrighted music so ain't allowed either. Everything blizz did to wc3 seems like a giant middle finger, in a way I'm impressed. And to think we naively thought wc3 reforged was going to revive the custom game scene... What deluded fools we were.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
Legit forgot about classic already, but yes. That was a light in the darkness for them, but it also worked against Blizzard because they were first adamantly against it, which just further shows that they are completely disconnected from their customers.

RL interceded and prevented me from making the mot of my 6 month sub. Got to Zul'Ferrak and was good while it lasted.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Stopped playing their games after first Starcraft 2 campaign.

Starcraft 1: Gonna kill you bitch.

Starcraft 2: MILADY

:mlady:

I sense a manipulation here.
To be honest, it is Broodwar that looks like an exception here. A badass one but still. Vanilla Starcraft 1 written as, well, vanilla science fantasy tale as it's sequel.

racofer

Thread Incliner
4mYE7tZ.png

:hero:

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
But is it really? Ever since 2018 with Diablo Immortal Blizzard has been slipping from one media blunder to another. No, really, I can't recall a single bit of news that was positive for Blizzard in 2019; everything was extremely bad and negative. Even their streamer and youtube bootlickers are turning against them at an increasing rate. They've managed to burn bridges with all their fans and even the most delusionals are slowly going to wake up to this. 2020 opening up with a giant Blizzard fuck up just seems like a natural amalgamation of where the company has been heading for a while now.

Overwatch 2 announcement seemed well received. But aye, it's been one step forward and 3 backwards. This game was the biggest highlight of the blizzcon from hell in 2018.

I was really looking forward to this and the editor upgrades.

Danikas

Arcane
But is it really? Ever since 2018 with Diablo Immortal Blizzard has been slipping from one media blunder to another. No, really, I can't recall a single bit of news that was positive for Blizzard in 2019; everything was extremely bad and negative. Even their streamer and youtube bootlickers are turning against them at an increasing rate. They've managed to burn bridges with all their fans and even the most delusionals are slowly going to wake up to this. 2020 opening up with a giant Blizzard fuck up just seems like a natural amalgamation of where the company has been heading for a while now.

Overwatch 2 announcement seemed well received. But aye, it's been one step forward and 3 backwards. This game was the biggest highlight of the blizzcon from hell in 2018.

I was really looking forward to this and the editor upgrades.

Rd3YBFP.png

LOL this shit looks like one of those soulless mobile games :hero:

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Stopped playing their games after first Starcraft 2 campaign.

Starcraft 1: Gonna kill you bitch.

Starcraft 2: MILADY

:mlady:

I sense a manipulation here.
To be honest, it is Broodwar that looks like an exception here. A badass one but still. Vanilla Starcraft 1 written as, well, vanilla science fantasy tale as it's sequel.

SC1's story was pretty generic but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as that of SC2.

Holeeee shit, this is so fucking bad. Its like an AOE Spell of Fuck-Up.

I was actually expecting this, but gah no. This is stupid.

I can't believe they actually let this abortion come out.

Modern Blizzard is a mockery and a walking corpse of its own self, and it needs a lvl3 Holy Light spell to the face so it can die forever.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You know what this looks like? When back in the day you installed a 3D game without meeting the hardware requirements, it shouldn't run, but it does, just barely. So you set everything to the lowest setting, turn off shadows, light sources etc, maybe edit some file in the game folder to turn the settings even lower than they're supposed to go, just so the game works. Like it's picture 4 of 6 in a "making the graphics of WC3:R" promo material that shows it going from a concept to a finished thing.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm pretty sure they released it in such a horrible state because they were obligated by law. They probably underestimated how long it will take to finish it or overestimated the outsourcing. What irks me is that the metacritic score is most likely due to bugs and technical issues, as opposed to the art style being a crime against humanity and good taste, the original forcing you to dl 30 GB of garbage, cut features, Blizzard's disgusting policies (especially with what happened concerning China, but also they owning every custom map), their conga line of reputation sinking moves, and on and on. Something disturbingly incompetent is going over at Blizz. Anyway, I'm sure if they work on this and remove the bugs normies will lick it up again.

Gibson

Learned
and yet, after a whole decade of (literally) nothing but scams and /or quick money grabs, there are still people who buy blizzard shit and are excited when something comes from them...

I am just baffled
0.jpg

AMG

Arbiter
Upscaling 2D art (Starcraft) is tremendously easier than upscaling 3D art, because in the latter you deal with not just texturing, but modeling, improving animation quality, and harsh rendering performance costs.
Pretty sure that with Starcraft Remastered they remodeled everything from scratch as well. I think they even used the same company for creating assets as for Warcraft.
But yeah, in SC you don't have to deal with real time rendering so that makes things quite a bit easier.

catfood

AGAIN
I'm so glad I still have my old 1.27 installation on my PC. I'm going to burn it on a DVD and keep it safe. Gaming is insane. It just goes to show you that the all-digital future is a nightmare and not a blessing.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I also have the newest patch before Refunded installed, so I just have to unplug my internet cable before playing it, lol. You can't play it online, though, not that I'm such a big fan of that.

catfood

AGAIN
I also have the newest patch before Refunded installed, so I just have to unplug my internet cable before playing it, lol. You can't play it online, though, not that I'm such a big fan of that.
You don't need to unplug your cable because the game only updates if you press the Cattlenet button.

I AM upset about not being able to play online because there were a ton of great custom maps, though I don't think the user base was what it used to be back in the day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom