Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jinn

Arcane
they said they aim for 80 (like they did in kingmaker) but are going for width (replayability) so what i gather from that is its more like 50 hours

God I hope so. Kingmaker would have been much better off at the 50-80 hour mark. Great game, but simply too long for its own good.

Shadenuat

Arcane
they said they were aiming at 80 hour campaign in PK, failed, and now are aiming 80 again but try not to fail into 150+ hours

There doesn't seem to be any mention of DLCs. I was looking for a tier which included them. I find it unlikely there will be none. Unless they include such a tier, I might have to wait for the final release a year later. I'd rather support them upfront, like I did last time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There doesn't seem to be any mention of DLCs. I was looking for a tier which included them. I find it unlikely there will be none. Unless they include such a tier, I might have to wait for the final release a year later. I'd rather support them upfront, like I did last time.

Last time, they retroactively bestowed the DLC Season Pass on everybody who pledged $95 or higher (Early Access tier). Reasonable assumption that they'd repeat that if there's another one...

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
God I hope so. Kingmaker would have been much better off at the 50-80 hour mark. Great game, but simply too long for its own good.
If you like a game then the longer the game the better. If you want a game to be short then you do not like the game. Why would one play a game one does not like?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
If I like ice cream, it doesn't man that I have to eat it by the gallon. (Not talking about Kingmaker.)

Jinn

Arcane
If you like a game then the longer the game the better. If you want a game to be short then you do not like the game. Why would one play a game one does not like?

Do you never tire of a single-player game you like even after 500 hours? If so, you're in a great minority. But things like gameplay loop repetition and weariness of characters and setting aside, overly lengthy games like Kingmaker suffer from an overall lack of good pacing. For those of us who enjoy finishing a playthrough of a game, yes, 150+ hours of gameplay can become overwrought for a single-player experience.

Last edited:

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
:takemymoney:

Haven't backed a lot of the recent KS projects but this is an easy one as I really enjoyed the first game, they seem to be moving in a good direction (still wish there was a turn-based option, though) and MCA is back on board!

Shadenuat

Arcane
they said for now focus on main game, no ideas on DLC

user

Savant

Do you never tire of a single-player game you like even after 500 hours? If so, you're in a great minority. But things like gameplay loop repetition and weariness of characters and setting aside, overly lengthy games like Kingmaker suffer from an overall lack of good pacing. For those of us who enjoy finishing a playthrough of a game, yes, 150+ hours of gameplay can become overwrought for a single-player experience.

150 hours in a good game is the sweetspot for me :shittydog: (because I am unemployed :'( )

Bara

Arcane
So how does lichdom work for the classes that don't come for a caster background?

As I always though the process of becoming a Lich requires arcane power to complete. Or do you just need enough reagents/artifacts to complete the ritual and then anyone can do it?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, worth mentioning: It's nice that they revealed their writing team this time instead of pretending that Avellone was doing everything alone. That was totally disrespectful.

1ccc3c1125f4e78c023ede62bf9159c7_original.png

I worked with Alex Komzolov to design the Cleve encounter in Kingmaker. I'm not sure he ever figured out what it was referencing. :P

Thonius

Arcane
Wonder what happened to that mordhein or what his name who streamed PFK. Is he fired? That dude could speak English with like no acent.
Lich for melee, think vampire.
Aeon and lich so far look most promising. Replacing companions with undead? Kill and resurrect demons? Go back in time? Sounds cool and fun.

Silly Germans

Oh, worth mentioning: It's nice that they revealed their writing team this time instead of pretending that Avellone was doing everything alone. That was totally disrespectful.

I worked with Alex Komzolov to design the Cleve encounter in Kingmaker. I'm not sure he ever figured out what it was referencing. :P

Why is one of them giving a male-prostitute look ? Does this bode good or bad news for the game ?

Thonius

Arcane
Heck
.You now have Normal as the base difficulty, followed by Daring, Core and Hard, hopefully helping to set those initial expectations for players, but you can also dive in and fiddle with various sliders – great for a brief demo and play session, as I was having
Normal is now story mode.

Thonius

Arcane

Why is one of them giving a male-prostitute look ? Does this bode good or bad news for the game ?
Txt updated... checking location - oh nevermind. Cntrl z. Cntrl s.

Tigranes

Arcane
Heck
.You now have Normal as the base difficulty, followed by Daring, Core and Hard, hopefully helping to set those initial expectations for players, but you can also dive in and fiddle with various sliders – great for a brief demo and play session, as I was having
Normal is now story mode.

Probably for the best. But they had customisable difficulty in PKM so I think they'll do fine here.

Riel

Arcane
There's plenty of comments in the kickstarter campaign page asking for turn based mode.... maybe we oldtards get lucky. I honestly never got past chapter 3 in Kingmaker until the turn based mod because my mind simply couldn't cope with RTWP.

Jinn

Arcane
Like I've said before, the turn-based mod for Kingmaker is absolutely fantastic. Turned a game I already really liked a lot into something approaching a dream CRPG for me. They should reach out to that mod maker and pay him to help with implementing an official turn-based mode.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Wonder what happened to that mordhein or what his name who streamed PFK. Is he fired? That dude could speak English with like no acent.
he's narrative writer/intern so only streamed cause job was done. probably now writes as game is in the making.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom