Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Aemar

Arcane
My guess is somewhere around 45-50 euros. 60 would be too much for an EA release.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I think they said that the EA price will be the same as the final release price, but I can't find the source.

Turuko

Learned
if i was a betting man 39.99 EA & 49.99 release price
edit: € at least, other currencies i don't know

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I doubt this will be 60 USD.

Mount and Blade is kind of niche game to begin with, probably will sell for 40 - 50 instead of 60.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Disco sold for what? 40 USD? I expect to put at least 10x as many hours into Bannerlord.

Chaosdwarft

Learned
Patron
So I tried to keep away from all the promotional material about this game, until now... So is this M&B Warband 1.5? It seems they finally fixed sieges, so kudos for that. The rest of the features feel like they just took a bunch of mod features and shove it in.

A part of me wants this to be good, but I have a feeling that this is just a glorified expansion...

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
So I tried to keep away from all the promotional material about this game, until now... So is this M&B Warband 1.5? It seems they finally fixed sieges, so kudos for that. The rest of the features feel like they just took a bunch of mod features and shove it in.

A part of me wants this to be good, but I have a feeling that this is just a glorified expansion...

It's much more of a significant upgrade than what you're suggesting, but the basic concept of M&B remains the same.

Perkel

Arcane

By same line of argument they shouldn't release Warband too since it was M&B 1.1.

What people want from Bannerlord is polish, update graphics/animations, UI that fucking doesn't look abhorent, bigger armies, mentioned sieges, some proper control over your units in battlefield etc.

Even if their main focus is implementing various mod features it will be still miles better game than warband.

Also i heard that in one of dev streams developers said that they wish for Bannerlord version of PoP to be official DLC, devs behind that mod also are keen to that.

Chaosdwarft

Learned
Patron
Thank you so much for the extra info. Yes I know that Warband was M&B 1.1, which pissed me off when I had to buy Warband, BUT it was worth it. That game and all those awesome mods gave me so many hundred of hours of awesomeness. I am not saying they should not release it even if it was a 1.5 version of the game.

Sorry I came off a bit negative, I am just sour from so many disappointing sequels. Cheers!

Last edited:

vota DC

Augur

Base game is far different in mechanics:
1 All skills work as weapon proficiency: the more you use them the more they improve. Level up doesn't matter, only pratice does.
2 Everybody dies now. Maybe warband mods can do the same, but also there are births and when you die you play with the heir. Also aging system.
3 Engine difference with more troops on screen, more modding options and far bigger scenarios.
4 Perk system. Some perks could be emulated in some warband mods, other can't.

So I think the number 2 is deserved. There are sequels more different like Dune 2 compared to Dune 1, but most of sequels have less differences.

Modron

Arcane
By same line of argument they shouldn't release Warband too since it was M&B 1.1.

What people want from Bannerlord is polish, update graphics/animations, UI that fucking doesn't look abhorent, bigger armies, mentioned sieges, some proper control over your units in battlefield etc.

Even if their main focus is implementing various mod features it will be still miles better game than warband.

Also i heard that in one of dev streams developers said that they wish for Bannerlord version of PoP to be official DLC, devs behind that mod also are keen to that.
What I want from Bannerlord is some proper formations, more kingdom management options, better quests, more interaction options with lords, and more shit to do in towns/castles/forts/villages so I don't just look at them once and never again. What I will accept better Warband.

Perkel

Arcane
Well this is basically what they are doing.

Imho the best feature of Bannerlord will be lineage. Much like in CK2 you aren't immortal. If you die your son takes over. I really want to see where people will go with this once modding will start to churn.

I fully expect actual CK2 clone in Bannerlord but this time interactive instead of watching numbers.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Another cool aspect is you can actually kill enemy lords after capturing them, not just wait to ransom them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom