Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Don Peste

Arcane
I hated Kenny on Season 1 (Well, I think I hated everyone most of the time during both seasons. Except Lee and sweet pea, OF COURSE). But it was much better than Season 2, so I decided to stick with him there. He's all that's left.
I hope he finds a boat and gets to retire in... Mexico...

Now some silly pics I found
733FBE97AF33DA3A303724D277BA02838DD2C96A

005F1D345E9A281447D8A5CD4049EFBCCEC92B04

A256551427E9C6DEA5603FBFFFFB7F6486B28160

Forrest-Gump-Stops-Running_zpsdb572001.jpg

F4F408D9926655266B071BE42E4A6B5720B04A13

61301CA928848A00923C7A3A30FAC9CB8428169D

126E5EBCA6083546B422C3006491511E531AC499

A600B0C179B71D838CC22234DEE8F84D40A7462F

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Since its unveiling at E3 in June, the title and release window for the next season of the series have been tightly under wraps. Today, we can announce that 'The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series - A New Frontier' will be premiering this November on consoles, PC/Mac, and mobile platforms. The series will also be available for purchase on a special 'Season Pass Disc' for consoles, which will include the premiere episode for the third season, as well as access to all subsequent episodes in the five episode season for download as they become available.

"This third new season will serve as both a continuation of what's come before in our story, as well as an all-new beginning set nearly four years after the outbreak events of Season One," said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. "As a harrowing and horrific drama, 'A New Frontier' will explore beyond what it means to survive in a world ravaged by the undead, and will see our characters confronting the new rules of order and justice in a land being brutally reclaimed and rediscovered by what's left of humanity itself."

Players will take control of series newcomer Javier, a man struggling to keep his family together in the new world, while also playing as Clementine, now a teenage survivor holding secrets of her past while fighting to protect family of her own.

"When we began this series, we explored what it meant to protect a character like Clementine at all costs," said Kevin Boyle, Executive Producer on the series. "Years later, meeting her for the first time, Javier will begin to unravel the mystery of who Clementine has become, as her story intersects with his - both of them still driven by the things they value most long after society's collapse."

'The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series - A New Frontier' will be premiering this November. For more news and information on the third season, stay tuned to telltale.com, follow @telltalegames on twitter, and on follow our page on
Facebook.com/TheWalkingDeadGame.​

:M

Tom Selleck

Arcane
I just finally got around to playing Season 3 of this shit (I loved Season 1, was ambivalent about most of Season 2 #TeamKenny) and it's awful. Is it this awful the whole time?

I'm only on episode 1 but
Javier and his dumb family are fucking stupid retarded idiots and I don't want to smoke doobies with my sweet stepkids on a fun roadtrip family vacation through silly zombies the whole time. I've met Clementine, but like, can I at least play as her or am I stuck with this fucking cheekbones meximodel the whole time? Also, does it get better? It's awful.

Also I played Michonne, which was More Of The Same, but probably about as good as Season 2.

So if:

S1 > S2 > Michonne

Where does S3 fit in?

Don Peste

Arcane
Ask for a refund if you still can. If you don't need a refund for some reason, congratulations.
It's terrible. It's not decline, it's something else. :(

imweasel

The garbage writing in Season 2 was already a good enough reason for me to abandon the series.

I've got a question: why are there still people buying telltale stuff? After having played season 1, and discovering that my question didn't even imply fake differences, I felt totally robbed of my money and time, stolen with unmatched premises. Fools my friends that played it before me and actually talked which choices they had done, when the ending route is always the same.

It's like playing a visual novel with no compelling choices, because these choices are already made by developers. You are just clicking around hoping that you can make a difference, but you can't.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've got a question: why are there still people buying telltale stuff? After having played season 1, and discovering that my question didn't even imply fake differences, I felt totally robbed of my money and time, stolen with unmatched premises. Fools my friends that played it before me and actually talked which choices they had done, when the ending route is always the same.

It's like playing a visual novel with no compelling choices, because these choices are already made by developers. You are just clicking around hoping that you can make a difference, but you can't.
Been saying that for years... who can say...

Deleted member 7219

I just finally got around to playing Season 3 of this shit (I loved Season 1, was ambivalent about most of Season 2 #TeamKenny) and it's awful. Is it this awful the whole time?

Javier and his dumb family are fucking stupid retarded idiots and I don't want to smoke doobies with my sweet stepkids on a fun roadtrip family vacation through silly zombies the whole time. I've met Clementine, but like, can I at least play as her or am I stuck with this fucking cheekbones meximodel the whole time? Also, does it get better? It's awful.

Also I played Michonne, which was More Of The Same, but probably about as good as Season 2.

So if:

S1 > S2 > Michonne

Where does S3 fit in?

S1 > S2 / S3 > Michonne

Deitti

Augur

So if:

S1 > S2 > Michonne

Where does S3 fit in?

It doesn't get better, it just gets worse. You could stop playing right now and you would lose nothing. You basically learn nothing of value about Clementine during it all.

Don Peste

Arcane
The Walking Dead’s final season will “finish Clementine’s story” this year
the%20walking%20dead%20season%204%20release%20date%20telltale.jpg

Telltale’s take on The Walking Dead has been keeping up a steady drip of zombie horror and personal drama for over half a decade, but things are set to come to a close this year - or starting this year, anyway. The Walking Dead: The Final Season will premiere in 2018, and it will have you “finish Clementine’s story.”

We’ve known that the series would begin soon - and that it will feature the returning writing talents of Gary Whitta - but today Telltale provided the first concrete image of the game, as well as its final title.

463E7289CABC8BBF9671184DD6233AA469AC67CC

The image of Clementine standing as a protector over young AJ is a nice thematic callback for those who’ve been following the series from the start.

A more substantial reveal of The Walking Dead’s ultimate chapter will happen next Friday at PAX, and it will be broadcast on Twitch. You can check in April 6 at 9:30 PDT / 12:30 EDT / 16:30 GMT for the details firsthand.

3D46E660A9A6021587B2931FCA7F817B41B10FCE
:timetoburn:

Mortmal

Arcane
i couldn't get past the initial episode of s3. is it worth gathering my party and venturing forth?
No youa re not missing anything ... And i expect the finale story to be extremely predictable, close the loop, clementime save AJ at the end but die, to "redeem" herself for lee life. We should actually have brofists bets on this.
I also expect it to be more grimdark and shorter than usual, its last telltalle games, they already laid off 40 persons, its the last time they work on a video game, they go bankrupt after this. So ,rushed short and very sad.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
The Final Season started good, but can tell lack of funds/staff towards the end. Still, it was okay. Feeling a bit sad, end of an era.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
The story of Clementine is finished.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom