Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
The Last Remnant

Just looking for the story missions
iozYFn5.jpg

A huge desert map with alot of enemies that are easier to avoid then to fight.
1LQxMR1.jpg

Place people you get/hire into formations, choose what skills they can use and upgrade them with materials you collect.
wYeAogw.jpg

Combat is turnbased, it looks confusing but its just give commands, wait for next turn and hope enemy dosent use an op party wipe attack.
WXFNE81.jpg

Story.... Rush looking for his sister... something about god emperor... i dont care.
KzvU7Qe.jpg

He just has to be in the way, he cant stand on some other place and let me pass.
datllAC.jpg

Decent RPG with some interesting ideas but also with alot of grinding.

I'm getting major Final Fantasy XII vibes from those pictures.

Consul

Arbiter
CbFTDNr.png

Decided to play JA2 vanilla on expert with self-imposed total ironman (no reloads) and in-game ironman (saving in uncleared sectors is not possible). On my road to Cambria (wanted to conquer it as my second city because the rng during the start of the game made its mine the most profitable in all of Arulco) I decided to intercept an enemy patrol of 16 men heading to retake Drassen while having 8 men of my own. I made stupid tactical decisions, which ended in Hitman's death and later turned into a desperate attempt to escape the sector. Had to dismiss Dimitri, because while retreating from one sector to another he was still wounded and would end up dead otherwise, he's gone now anyway. In Cambria university I lost Wolf, because of another stupid decision, he died from enemy interrupts. So after my second top man died, while I'm in Cambria attempting to liberate it, in a desperate need to hire a replacement (in the end I chose Meltdown), the game throws something like this at me. Didn't have many options in terms of hiring new people. I've never seen so many mercs being on assignment at the same time.

Total ironman in JA2 is the most heart attack inducing ironman challenge I've ever played in any game. That's probably, because in JA2 when you see bullets flying slowly towards your men, each time you hope that rng is in your favor and that they won't hit them. Add to this the fact that you can recognize a good gun by the sound it makes when enemies shoot and you have a pretty tense game. Im doing night ops and even that is tough and not totally safe. When enemies throw flares they usually get a few shots before I have a chance to retreat out of the flare's radius. I can't imagine how hard it would be during daylight. After losing Hitman and Wolf I was on the verge of restarting. Somehow I managed to take the entirety of Cambria so we will see how well it goes further. I don't expect to succeed on my first playthrough though, mostly due to the fact that you have a limited number of mercs and after you lose some, most of them refuse to join you.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I had a bit of fun revisiting ATOM again.
Found a secret room in sewers.
20200204095338_1.jpg

I also discovered that this hunter is all talk when he promises to bring books for children. Waited for days till his next visit and the same line every time. Is this some kind of Russian joke?
20200204094121_1.jpg

Resurrected my KCD playthrough by googling solution to missing save. Turns out if I start a new game, a new folder would be created for that playthrough. Simply move the save games there and remove the latest one to allow loading.

unknown.png

:lol: Truer words are never spoken.
Hardcore mode combat doesn't seem to change much except for the UI. Beat the shit out of Capon in both archery and sword. Archery is a bit tricky when in real combat. But target practice isn't a big deal.

unknown.png

OK, Can I play now Vavra? Can I?

VAVRA THE DIRECTOR: No. Go on patrol.

unknown.png

This shit would not be so bad if the game lets me walk at the same pace as the guard...Ok patrol done, what now, Mr. Vavra?

unknown.png

VAVRA THE DIRECTOR: OK HENRY IN THIS SCENE U ARE GOING TO START A FIGHT WITH A NOBLE WITHOUT PLAYER INPUT. CHOP CHOP.
Alright CUT! Next morning, we'll shoot a scene where you walk with Hans to the forest. With player's input of course.

unknown.png

A few minutes of holding and releasing sprint to keep up with the horse later...

'What now, Mr. Vavra.'
VAVRA THE DIRECTOR: OK, it's too late to shoot the hunting scene, so wake Hans up in the morning.

unknown.png

'OK, it's 7 AM, can we do something fun now?'
VAVRA THE DIRECTOR: ...Uh... go shoot rabbits with bow and arrow for 30 mins. Have fun ok.

10 slain rabbits and 100 pieces of rotting meat in the bag later...

unknown.png

VAVRA THE DIRECTOR: FIND HANS HENRY!

Look, this would be so much easier if you did not black out the scene as he rode away chasing that goddamn boar during the hunt.

VAVRA THE DIRECTOR: HAVE YOU FOUND CAPON YET?

30 minutes of navigating with no marker or compass later...

unknown.png

Yeah, man. I'm still gonna keep this up. I think this game CAN be fun, but it's really restricted at the start. Takes AGES to get to the fun part.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
A few minutes of holding and releasing sprint to keep up with the horse later...

'What now, Mr. Vavra.'
VAVRA THE DIRECTOR: OK, it's too late to shoot the hunting scene, so wake Hans up in the morning.

unknown.png

'OK, it's 7 AM, can we do something fun now?'
VAVRA THE DIRECTOR: ...Uh... go shoot rabbits with bow and arrow for 30 mins. Have fun ok.
Reminds me of the way this scene occurred in my KCD playthrough:

LYrvRcK.jpg

:M

HansDampf

Arcane
After Bloodstained:
rbhVNTL.jpg

W4VUM0d.jpg

It's true. The first total eclipse of the 21st century that's visible from Japan will happen in 2035.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_September_2,_2035

IwVY1Aw.jpg

zaptm1s.jpg

XgGBxgQ.jpg

aUeDJkY.jpg

cuVR1ev.jpg

eUFr4UP.jpg

:argh:

CQsNFdf.jpg

kjqpQSe.jpg

Aug7OHS.jpg

:shittydog:

kXITOpw.jpg

IZggwlR.jpg

8sFKAu1.jpg

gkRYLPg.jpg

0uzGNja.jpg

When dying to the final boss leads to a cooler ending.

kgLMfP9.jpg

Nice and short. No crafting bs. But Igavania games seem to have a long history of shitty dialogue and cryptic shit you need to do in order to see the true ending. Not as offensive as Bloodstained.

DraQ

Arcane
Opus Magnum Alcohol Separation 230/29/73 - moderate autism (length 3 work cycle, very simple program - just grab-revolve-release for all the arms and bobbing up and down for Van Berlo's Wheel to avoid collisions):
DIi4BQe.gif

:slamdunkride:
Turbo autism (not mine, alas) for comparison:
G4aibqj.gif

Last edited:

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
What was your plan on handling veteran/commando soldiers? I figured doing a ironman run like this was nearly impossible mainly because of those bastards, one can easily take out 2 or 3 mercs if you are unlucky enough to be spotted first, and even if you get to make the first move it's still too fucking dangerous to take the standard approach of picking them with just guns (grenades and planted explosives come in real handy here).

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I got my first bounty down in KCD last night. It took me a bit of retry since I can't take on all of them at once. But I managed to isolate the bandit leader and landed 3 arrows before beating him in a swordfight.
I bandaged my wounds and made my way back to the Captain with 8 HP. It's early during the day and I have no wish to waste potion and time. Instead, I played the day away on dice games.

unknown.png

The next day, I survived my first ambush by 5 men with clubs while on my poaching trip.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_5_2_2020_9_33_45_pm.png

And bagged a deer.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_5_2_2020_9_52_28_pm.png

Prior to leaving for work IRL, I decided to try a tourney. The first round went fine until the game demanded I switch to Axe and Shield for the 2nd bout. Holy fuck. It took me 10-15 minutes to beat this mercenary even though I hit him 5 times on the head with Axes. I guess the damage is lowered by skill. The second and third challengers went with Longsword then Shortsword & Shield, so it went quicker. Still, I expected to wrap up the tourney in 30 mins, instead, I spent almost 50 minutes.

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_6_2_2020_8_02_28_am.png

Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_6_2_2020_8_03_03_am.png

Nice pair of gauntlets and a bundle of coin.

Inf0mercial

Augur
So dwarf fort got an update and i decided to play it again between finally getting into kingmaker, i read some neat new features and i never did get around to really raiding stuff.

w8W8afv.jpg

zD7yPkl.jpg

Apparently looting a Necromancer tower then opening a library will turn every single one of your dwarves with free time to read into a necromancer, i got bored of it and decided to launch an attack on a 10k strong goblin city,
0JgGt6N.jpg
0xSs09p.jpg

I don't have the patience to grind that shit down, also yes my tile set is dying with this new version, whatever i am going back to rerolling kingmaker chapter 1 so far i have gotten 2 solo chars and a party to chapter 2 , i actually enjoy solo more then party combat in RTWP, i also take ages to finish games because i keep rerolling so i expect to be on this for next few weeks with half a dozen solo chars at varying stages of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom