Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
A new milestone and the Lich Mythic Path
Forsaking the Prison of Flesh and Life — the Lich Mythic Path

KURRRRRWWWWWWAAAAA FINALLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

3dd.gif
3dd.gif
3dd.gif

▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░
▒░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░
░░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░
░░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░
░░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░
░▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░
░▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░
░░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░
░░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░
░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░
░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░ KUKKKUUKKUU!!!!!!!
tad.gif

PROPER BONING IS FINALLY ON THE MENu BOISSSS!!!!
tumblr_npdhm5J0ng1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

bvqvRa0.gif

:d1p::d1p::d1p::d1p::d1p:

Last edited:

jerfdr

Educated
Aren't the mythic paths supposed to change quite a lot of narrative things as well? Adding them all willy-nilly points to something else.
They've stressed quite a few times that mythic paths will tie into the narrative quite substantially, would be weird if they walk back on these promises. And it's not clear yet how much money they want to ask for this +2 paths stretch goal. I'm betting on a quite substantial amount, maybe even +$200k or so.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They've stressed quite a few times that mythic paths will tie into the narrative quite substantially
I'm not entirely convinced it isn't the Bioware style of narrative adaption to player choice :p I dunno, somehow this doesn't inspire a lot of trust in me, the stretch goals feel random and made up on the spot. What does mounted combat have to do with the rest of the game? Adding more mythic paths means even more narrative work (if it does indeed change anything significantly) which historically has proven not to play well with budget and time constrains. Adding more prestige classes and visual flair like dismemberment is a much wiser decision. I'd also pay for a reduction of spell SFX, lol. We know how overambitious Kickstarters work out, and we know in what state PF:KM came out.

Last edited:

jerfdr

Educated
I'm not entirely convinced it isn't the Bioware style of narrative adaption to player choice :p I dunno, somehow this doesn't inspire a lot of trust in me, the stretch goals feel random and made up on the spot. What does mounted combat have to do with the rest of the game?
Mounted combat seems fitting for a setting heavily featuring paladins and knights.
Adding more mythic paths means even more narrative work (if it does indeed change anything significantly) which historically has proven not to play well with budget and time constrains.
Since mythic paths roughly correspond to alignments, I bet that they wanted to have a path for each alignment from the start, but decided to cut back on it for the initial pitch due to it being too much work. Now with the increased funding (and I believe that the jump to the +2 paths stretch goal will be more substantial than the jumps to the previous goals) they feel more confident that they can pull it off.
Adding more prestige classes and visual flair like dismemberment is a much wiser decision. I'd also pay for a reduction of spell SFX, lol. We know how overambitious Kickstarters work out, and we know in what state PF:KM came out.
Well, do note that Owlcat Games formed in 2016, so they had less than two years and a half to develop Kingmaker from scratch. We all know that releasing it so early was a huge mistake (but I bet that they were pressured by the publisher to do that, after lackluster sales of Deadfire eroded the publisher's confidence that Kingmaker could sell well).

But with Wrath they already had from the get go the working engine with most of the kinks straightened out, the huge bulk of the Pathfinder ruleset already implemented and again with most of the kinks straightened out, and also (which is probably even more important) much more experience with working as this particular team under their belts, with various kinks in their development pipelines straightened out and so on. And with all this they have at least two years for Wrath's development (if they stick to the currently announced date, which is not guaranteed). So I'm much more confident in their ability to release a more polished product this time around.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Next stretch goal is Trans Companion

The Kickstarter video already has shown that Anevia is a companion https://youtu.be/Uye3rHmXk_Q?t=204
https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Anevia_Tirabade

So no need for that.

Wait... WHAT?

She was born Anvenn, a boy in a outlawed guild of thieves, then disguised herself as female while running away from law and felt that being a woman suited her best. Then the change was completed after she drank an elixir that completed the gender transformation.

Is this shit serious?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
How is she trans when she has become a bio girl by drinking a magic elixir?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom