Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I read a bit about the mythic paths.....and it seems that all of them are focused on melee heroes,which is retarded. There is one cleric,one mage and one ranged class,while the other three are about being a fighter :decline:.
Is there are way to say "fuck off cunt,not interested" and keep on levelling my rogue class with being a pretentious cock sucker?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
OPVJC06.png
kOW77W5.png

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Still got 29 more days to go. If the donations keep coming, we should realistically hit one million.
Kickstarter campaigns nearly always spike at the beginning, slow to a relative trickle for most of the middle, and have one last spike at the end. Especially if the campaign runners have a livestream for the last few hours of the campaign. The original Pillars of Eternity had a pretty huge spike at the end thanks to their livestream.

jerfdr

Educated
Still got 29 more days to go. If the donations keep coming, we should realistically hit one million.
Kickstarter campaigns nearly always spike at the beginning, slow to a relative trickle for most of the middle, and have one last spike at the end. Especially if the campaign runners have a livestream for the last few hours of the campaign. The original Pillars of Eternity had a pretty huge spike at the end thanks to their livestream.
Yup, I think that $1.5M is nearly guaranteed, taking into account the final spike.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nobody can fault PoE2 for looking ugly. It actually looks splendid. Uninspired and small maps notwothstanding.

Drowed

Arcane
It was clear that the number of backers would decrease and stabilize over time. That always happens. We will probably have a smaller, steady flow for the next 20 days or so, unless some surprising or bombastic announcement happens. Then we will certainly have a new peak in the final days, especially the last day. Generally, this final peak tends to be comparable to the peak on the first days for most games. With this in mind, I estimate that PF:WotR should reach something between 1.5 million and perhaps 1.7 million. It is a very respectable reach for the second game of a franchise that, until then, only table-top RPG fans really knew about. It's a success comparable to what Larian achieved with D:OS2, which is quite surprising, if it really ends up happening.

user

Savant
Well, the Skald and orchestra goals (even if I love orchestras) certainly won't help with the decline. They could have used something better IMO, without causing feature bloat. At the very least, a more popular class like the Summoner, or an interesting way of interaction between the existing features.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Wait is the next one confirmed by chan to be Orchestra? I thought thats a joke because nobody can read shit about it?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Tbh, "themes" by symphonic orchestra doesn't sound like proper English to me. The wording looks strange to me. At least the terminology is wrong if it is indeed that. The music can be performed by or recorded with an orchestra, but "themes by" makes it look like the orchestra are composing them. And "theme" is not the whole piece, it's a characteristic melody that functions like an "anchor" or something to develop after that, depending on the context.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Wait is the next one confirmed by chan to be Orchestra? I thought thats a joke because nobody can read shit about it?

Its pretty much confirmed. It fits and almost nothing fits.

Thats honestly disappointing. Honestly it feels like a waste of money because really, it won't affect most people besides some audiophilles somewhere because software generated soundtracks are mostly enough these days.

I'd prefer if the money went to more content. Maybe companion for the new stretch goal classes. Maybe expanded main story line. Heck a mini campaign like Varnhold's Lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom