Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Transcendence

oscar

Arcane
Played this a few years ago and had some pretty fond memories. Wondering if there's been any real evolution or major improvements to this game?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Anyone play this a lot? I put in a few hours and it was kinda fun but I lost interest.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Steam version or gtfo.
There is one now, actually. Though the steam one isn't free, and it's an entirely separate campaign.

Man development of this has been agonizingly slow. The endpoint of the base game hasn't changed for over ten years. What a shame, it had major potential if he'd really worked on it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There is one now, actually. Though the steam one isn't free, and it's an entirely separate campaign.

Man development of this has been agonizingly slow. The endpoint of the base game hasn't changed for over ten years. What a shame, it had major potential if he'd really worked on it.
Seven years later... HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED IT?!?!?

getter77

Augur
Corporate Command and Eternity Port added some meat, and it has been about a year since v1.8 with an apparent v1.9 update working through alpha staging and whatnot---so perhaps not long at all until the full v1.9 update drops. The next Big Epoch is still some several months out as per Moromisato at the top of the Steam discussions to clear the mists a bit:

I'm still working on Part II. I've made a lot of progress this year, but I think it will still be another year or so.

I've got the main storyline working in Part II, but the rest of the galaxy needs more work (more enemies, more missions, etc.).

Part II is really ambitious, at least compared to Eternity Port. It requires totally new mechanics, items, and sovereigns, so I basically had to create everything from scratch. Plus the galaxy in Part II is much larger: At least 50 systems.

All in all, I'm very excited about Part II, but it needs more work before it is ready.

Part 1 is all about escaping the Quarantine Zone and leaving Human Space, plus it cast doubt on Domina's purpose for calling you to the core.

Part 2 takes place outside the Quarantine Zone, in the rest of the galaxy, where you can meet Domina and the Ancient Races.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
How far did you get? Is it worth me trying to keep going?

You can always try the free version before paying nine shekels for DLCs, Sure game development is very slow but its already offers two campaigns unlike Starsector, its not even rogelique at this stage as you can buy new ships now and turn off iron mode, the flight model is simple but planet systems are realistic enough with orbits, suns energy which can be harvested by solar panels to supplement the fuel and added nebulas (no mini map) and radiation hazards and I do like the universe and art direction in this game that much. Shame you can't play as Mars Orthodoxy though they have cooler ships.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom