Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Perkel

Arcane

Either they didn't think this through when they sold the license to Amazon or they were really desperate for cash at that time.

They didn't think it when they completely sold copy of their engine with license to relicense it to other developers ?
Imho they were hoping that CIG were still using their tech despite working with lumbyard and extort them for some money.

Frozen

Arcane
This CryEngine apparently is not suited for RPGs MMOs Shooters strategy or isometric games.

But besides that its great.

Modron

Arcane
So... uh... is the single player game coming out anytime soon? Or is it out?
They had a lawsuit against them dropped because sq42 was so early/not in development there was nothing to sue over. If SQ42 comes out it will be in another decade and probably a 0.2 beta version they slapped a 1.0 on and shat out.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yeah, release is so far in the future (15 years or so) that they can afford choosing a new engine and start development from scratch, and still have plenty of time to develop a game.

I first did not get what this Star Citizen thing even is but now I think they can basically do whatever they want, and people will still throw hundreds of millions at them because there is no one else.

If you run this kind of piss taking for a couple 100 thousand $ it can actually ruin your career/life but once you're in the hundreds of millions you can do whatever you want (No Mans Sky being another example)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah, release is so far in the future (15 years or so) that they can afford choosing a new engine and start development from scratch, and still have plenty of time to develop a game.

I first did not get what this Star Citizen thing even is but now I think they can basically do whatever they want, and people will still throw hundreds of millions at them because there is no one else.

If you run this kind of piss taking for a couple 100 thousand $ it can actually ruin your career/life but once you're in the hundreds of millions you can do whatever you want (No Mans Sky being another example)
At least No Man's Sky was actually published.

Tytus

Arcane

And later they built like two more games on top of it without charging their customers for it.
I don't see this happening with SC.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2

And later they built like two more games on top of it without charging their customers for it.
I don't see this happening with SC.
You don't see this game coming out?

Whatever gave you that impression?

Norfleet

Ahoy thar, Vaarna. I've been saying that for ages, Scam Shitizen isn't a game, it's a cult. Next you know they'll all be drinking some kool-aid in order for the game to be released.

Fishy

Savant

Rumour is, that video is from last year. There's a video from right after Citizen Con (!) where they wear the same clothes, sit the same way, have the same cups, the same props around...

It's quite impressive tbh, they have so much content to talk about that there aren't enough days in the year to publish them all!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Ahoy thar, Vaarna. I've been saying that for ages, Scam Shitizen isn't a game, it's a cult. Next you know they'll all be drinking some kool-aid in order for the game to be released.
A slurpee made of hundred dollar bills laced with cyanide?

GreyViper

Prophet
Sooo I guess the popcorn drama had its end, well at least regarding the chapter with Crytek. Unless anything dramatic happens Crytek vs CE lawsuit is over. :/
Details to be hammered out behind closed doors. Part of me wished Crytek would have pushed more.
http://archive.is/XWTfU

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom