Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Co8 content issues & bugs

Endarire

Scholar
Suggestion & Dominate Monster
UPDATE: The brief description given for each spell differentiates it from the other. The one that seems like suggestion (and has a scribable scroll) has the brief description of, "Controls any creature telepathically; subject is added as a controllable NPC."

Also, this craftable scroll has the cost of a level 3 spell, not a level 9 one (1912.5G and 153 EXP to craft).

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
Super Thief Tools Equippables
A Vest of Escape and Gloves of Masterful Thievery each grant +4 to Open Lock and Disable Device. They stack.

These should instead not stack but grant +2 to OL and DD.

Black

Arcane
Not sure if this should go here or the vanilla bugs.

Just found out that despite weapons like cleaver and great cleaver being in the game, you can't focus and specialize in them since they're not on the weapon focus list. There might be more weapons missing from focus/specialization lists.
http://imgur.com/a/SptaG

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
As of the last Temple+ update the speedup() console command from Co8 no longer seems to work
Yeah it's a side effect of the speed being equalized regardless of model scale.
However, you can speed things up from the cheats menu ;)
I can't access the cheats menu. See, I play with the resolution reduced because the max resolution makes things too small for me to see, and as a result the game screen doesn't go all the way to the left and right edges of the screen; unfortunately however the new console does go to the edge but I can't reach the ends because the cursor only goes as far as the edge of the main game screen. Would it be possible to move the cheats menu to the center of the console and/or make speedup an option in the Temple+ configuration program instead?
Strange that it doesn't show up for you. What resolution are you using exactly?
800x600 on a 1600x900 screen

And the cheats menu does show up for me, I just can't access it because the cursor won't go all the way to the right side of the screen.

EDIT:
I meant the left side. Sorry

EDIT:
And which .ini file specifically?
Oh, then try running it in a 16:9 aspect ratio, like 1280:720.

Bohandas

Educated
Ok, I changed the resolution, set the speed and then hanged it back. The characters move at the right speed now.

There is the remaining issue that summoned monsters don't seem to fully respect the movement speed that the rest of the party has been standardized to

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Ok, I changed the resolution, set the speed and then hanged it back. The characters move at the right speed now.

There is the remaining issue that summoned monsters don't seem to fully respect the movement speed that the rest of the party has been standardized to
Alright, fixed for 1.0.37.
As a bonus, I've added a toggle for fast sneaking animations!

Bohandas

Educated
Delayed Blast Fireball gor some reason uses the animation for Lightning Bolt

Endarire

Scholar
Persistent Data Fix
Greetings! I'm unsure if this fix is included in T+, but it seemingly should be if it isn't yet.

Other Sitra Fixes
Similarly, if these fixes aren't yet in T+, they should be.

Laz Sundays

Educated
I've reached Verbobonc after what was the first bugless run I've had with this game lol. I'm really happy that I had no gamebreaking issues or CTDs in fire temple or in them elemental nodes. Great stuff with T+, it all runs really, really smooth.

I saw that the Black Jay's ring is now in Deklo Grove on the spider corpse and I remember it was on the Moathouse frog before. I found no notable issues until Verbobonc except during the Balor fight in Fire node, which is still the hardest fight in the game for all the wrong reasons. We should be able to counter fear during that fight but no matter how many times I tried I wasn't able to counter it with bard's songs or Remove fear, nor any other buffs helped amp my toons against it, it all seemed to be just based on individual luck(a natural 20 roll save). Also the Balor managed to charm a target under Circle of protecc against evil several times. I found a workaround for fear by casting Web to trap the character with Scather near him and "cancel" the fear effect by making the character stuck near him. Things that helped me beat him were not buffs but luck is what I'm saying. I'm not saying he's too OP btw - heck, iirc he should have a Vorpal sword in 3.5e, but that encounter should be looked at again there's some things amiss I'm sure about it. I know that we can pickpocket every guardian for the gem and sneak out, I know it isn't mandatory to even do any of that - just saying that this fight maybe needs a bit of tweaking to make it more available to someone that comes prepared for it (holy weapons, fear counters, god-slaying Fragarach/Scather).

But I came here mostly to talk about Verbobonc - cause as soon as I started doing quests there the old symptoms and bugs returned. Starting with the Under Attack from Underground quest - enormous spider on second level was bugged and status effects like silence and web remained on characters in the description, had 2 CTDs and my fighter was unable to attack once (empty action bar glitch). Things to note: waifu NPC Meleny is the only NPC in my party and she would always annoyingly sound the combat before it initiated but spider sometimes remained friendly or the combat would only start if I order party to move around a bit, once I had to C, or the combat would stutter-start after awhile with combat music going on/off repeatedly (once just went CTD after such stutter). I have the Alert AI across rooms enabled so the entire quest had me chasing drows on alert from across 2-3 rooms, I had to run towards Matriarch and get vision of her in 2 turns cause she was casting from where she stands, her priests too. So one Hommlet NPC and Alert AI, maybe relevant. I managed to get past it and the dragon by carefully saving and monitoring my toons status, reloading whenever I saw something fishy.

Second thing - and this is where I got out and started posting - is the Fear of Ghosts quest. I remember doing it without issues few years ago but now I can't get it to work. First I bought the castle and tried resting inside - ghost attacks and withdraws, then I remembered it has to be night so I exit, pass time to evening and go b to second floor. I hear the groan, I see the ghost and I attack it = nothing. He just chills there, no name 36/36 HP, walks around. So I reload the save b4 I buy the castle and tried step by step - so, I notice the board has msg from fresh prince of Gnome Air, I get the quest from him, wait till night = ghost on the second floor still doesn't do anything if I attack. I tried talking to the rabbit hole Gnome before and after attacking the damn ghost = nothing from the ghost itself. I found out that I can cast turn undead on it and make my game CTD when I go outside to check for second ghost tho. I just can't make it start a dialog. I'm curious about several things here, since I found no details about them anywhere:

-I got the castle offered directly at the store, does it need to be posted on the notice board first? Didn't get it there and idk if maybe it needs to show there first

-is there a specific series of quests I need to do before the castle? I am a bit cloudy on my previous run but I believe I did the castle among last of my quests. Currently in Verbobonc I've done the bounties, drows, dragon and Family turmoil without going back to the Elysia (it says completed in the logbook after I convince the viscount and I wanna pretend it ends there tbh, cause I'd rather believe that my dragonslaying, demigodkilling, discerning helmet wearing 20+ WIS and CHA Liberator Extraordinare main would know better than to play into that petty, sloppy and quite frankly dumb finale).

Yes, I have met the prerequisites for the ghosts, the big 3 are dead no charms used during the fight, all 3 dead and looted etc.

Bohandas

Educated
Laz Sundays
Remove fear, greater heroism, and a Paladin3's ability make the subjects immune to [Fear] effects.

Remove Fear is unreliable. I'm not sure if its not working, or if its just not popping up among the little status tabs on the target's portrait, but either way the target's reported status doesn't change. Neither does a Remove Fear tab pop up nor does the 'afraid' tab go away.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
From what I remember when it came to protection against mind affecting stuff, the lvl1 single target Protection from Evil always worked reliably, but the lvl3 circle spell didn't.

Bohandas

Educated
Now that you mention it, I don't know if I've tested the magic circle spells in the latest version.

I have tested remove fear and I think it partially worked, but I'm not sure. There definitely wasn't a flag for the spell on the character's portrait but I think they were able to re-approach the balor guardian

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom