Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

User0001

Savant
In real-time: If you move the mage away from the enemy that is trying to engage him/her, you can have a character that simultaneously is engaging the moving enemy; instigating at least one attack of opportunity every six seconds (infinitely until the enemy dies).
One attack of opportunity every 6 seconds is not that much [infinitely]. Especially since you think an enemy can walk up to the mage in one turn [YES, in turn-based, compared to real-time]. It's either the enemy reaches my mage in one turn or takes long enough to get there that it dies from attack of opportunities. The fact that aoes exist like that is nice though because it works both ways. Sometimes it's worth the risk to take the extra aoes to get rid of a mage. [The mage YOU are running towards with a warrior IN REAL-TIME will not simultaneously move away so that an enemy get infinite AoO on your warrior (Attack of Opportunity is NOT shortened to AoE!!!!)]

You're going in the ignore. I can't bother with poor reading comprehension.

I'm trying to illustrate a flaw in RTwP.

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Ponyfolks when?

But in all seriousness, I'd rather get ratmen or anything that's fully sentient-non-human over what's basically a "human with a tail/ears". The first one can be made interesting due to their different physiology, mentality, language and culture, while the second one feels like a lazy cosplay of sorts.

You mean like this?

No, more along those lines

your-resistance-only-makes-my-penis-harder-4329656.png

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Is the new stretch goal already decoded? Maybe full Voice over for the disgusting TB crowd full of old fuckers who are too old to read small lines?

jerfdr

Educated
Is the new stretch goal already decoded? Maybe full Voice over for the disgusting TB crowd full of old fuckers who are too old to read small lines?
You mean the one after Doubled reactivity? It's +1 archetypes per class, apparently.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Owlcats needs to add Male kitsune and make him gay only to troll degenerate fanbase.
Nigga, that's exactly what furries want. How is this trolling?
Huh.. I thought more about animu lovers here. They are voting for foxes right?
Animu lovers [..]
Anime creeps are the reason why RPGs went from characters like Alora or Mazzy in BG, to the way halflings and gnomes look now. (only dwarves seem to be still holding on). That's just another kind of degeneracy.
You can thank World of Warcraft for modern gnomes. Animu has nothing to do with this.
Alora and Mazzy were actually more in line with animu than today's small races, to begin with.

hell bovine

Arcane
You can thank World of Warcraft for modern gnomes. Animu has nothing to do with this.
Alora and Mazzy were actually more in line with animu than today's small races, to begin with.
And where do you think WoW got it? Alora's and Mazzy's portrait look like adult women, unlike the creepy anime shit you seem to be a fan of.

Reinhardt

Arcane
And where do you think WoW got it? Alora's and Mazzy's portrait look like adult women, unlike the creepy anime shit you seem to be a fan of.
That's rich, from someone who faps on midgets with hairy legs.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Calling it merely mediocre is actually very generous.
Well the basic system isn't great but it does have some possibilities that are fun because of how diverse and broken it is, I always had fun going nuts with a Tesla Rod or Tesla gun.

hell bovine

Arcane
That's rich, from someone who faps on midgets with hairy legs.
Let me spell it out for you: it's not about physical attractiveness. Those "anime cuties" you fangirl about look underage. That's what makes it creepy.

And yes, I actually like hairy legs, though of the male persuasion.

Vatnik Wumao
Get a room, you two.

On a different note, I hope that the Lich mythic path has proper story&gameplay integration and won't be just some lame skin with accompanying skill tree.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Witches: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2756580

Hocus Pocus!

You enter a house. It’s old and scary, and the floor creaks loudly with every step. There is no one inside, except for several large spiders lurking in the cobwebbed corners. At first, everything seems pretty normal, but then you take a closer look… The shelves are filled with bottles, flasks, and vials containing strange mushrooms, something that looks like nails or fingers, and a host of other disturbing things. You approach a large chest, ready to open the lid to reveal the frightening truth behind this place—when you suddenly sense a presence behind you. In one quick motion, your sword is in your hand, ready to repel any danger… only to find a hunched, old woman. She lets out a hoarse cackle. Taken aback by the crone’s sudden appearance, you hesitate for a second… and fall asleep, never to wake again.

We’ve all heard stories like this before, but they’re just fairy tales, right? Wrong! On Golarion, witches are very, very real. As arcane casters, witches gain their spellcasting abilities not through study or natural talent, but by making a pact with a vague and mysterious force called a patron. This patron opens the doors to magic through a familiar, a cute animal that serves its witch as a bizarre living spellbook. Witches commune with their familiars every night to learn and memorize their spells, and to be ready for the next day.

0379c1cba1c2bb480ff611573eae26cd_original.png

Source: Advanced Player's Guide, p. 65

Because of the strange source of their power, and because of the ignorance of common folk, witches are often feared and hated. Mostly, they are accused of stealing newborn babies and eating them alive, of cursing farmers’ cattle and dancing in the fields during the full moon. Well, the common folk are not entirely wrong: some witches really do such things. But in some places, people appreciate the help of a good witch: she knows herbs, heals the sick and the wounded, and calms animals in distress.

But if you happen to anger a witch—steel yourself for the consequences. Witches have the ability to use powerful hexes: special supernatural curses they can cast with a single fearsome look. Witches can make you fall into a deep sleep, turn you into a harmless animal, or even condemn you to death. But witches can also heal, protect, and even resurrect their friends just as easily. Witches can use hexes any number of times per day, but most can only be cast once on any given target (which is usually all that’s needed).

ada365e92c7bdbfc92f6dbbc3a674839_original.gif

As with any class, not all witches are the same. You can be a hagbound witch, the victim of a special curse that slowly transforms them into a hag, and makes them physically powerful. Hagbound witches are capable of cursing their enemies and tearing them apart with their claws. Or perhaps you will be a hex channeler witch, who has a way of converting their patron’s powers into waves of healing energy. Not all witches use a familiar as a conduit for their patron’s powers—some, called ley line guardians, can spontaneously draw magical energies from the ley lines that cross all the planes of existence.

As a powerful arcane battlefield controller and healer, who uses both hexes and spells to keep their allies fighting and enemies unable to resist, a witch can single-handedly change the course of a fight.

So, to arms, crusaders! There’s no need to fear witches... as long as they’re on your side.

Owlcats

a2c1517a9007f74c818899c4d89a9213_original.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom