Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jesus christ the new prince of persia is a faggot

whitemithrandir

Erudite
that is all

oscar

Arcane
398px-Lovely_Sailor_and_probably_fag_hag-Christopher_Street_Day-Berlin_2006.jpg

Longshanks

Augur
Isn't Persia known as Iran now? Wasn't the monarchy overthrown in 1979?
Anyway, I fail to see what the Prince of Persia/Iran's sexual orientation has to do with general gaming, even if there were one :?.

RAG

Educated
I actually liked all Prince of Persia games. Yes even the second one though I didn't manage to finish it because the constant back and forth got annoying after a while.

I really cannot understand what people expect when they play a Prince of Persia game. They are all decent to good platform games,some fighting to be expected, with fairy tale stories dressed in middle eastern to medieval themes, nice graphics and crazy acrobatics. None of these are particularly long games, no c&c, no open ended worlds. It's a platform game made primarly for consoles for god's sake and despite that they actually play pretty good on Pcs with a mouse and keyboard control scheme. I don't care much about not being able to die in this one because I am not too fond of doing the same jumping over and over again since the rest of the game involves the same kind of gameplay. The guiding thingy is quite helpful and helps with the problem I had in Warrion Within.

I found the last one to be up to par with the previous 3d incarnations and wasn't dissapointed at all. The platforming part is enjoyable, there is less combat, The new art style is quite tasteful even if it is different. I was afraid it was going to be influenced by the anime shit I was hearing about but that wasn't the case. Just a little bit comic styled. I still hold the Sands of time above the rest though maybe it was the first impression of next gen that got me

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
RAG said:
I still hold the Sands of time above the rest though maybe it was the first impression of next gen that got me
Nah, I didn't play it 'til about a year ago, and still I think it's one of the best games of recent times.
Looking back, one of the only things I can fault Sands of Time for is that the volume for speech and movies was way too low and there were no subtitles. :P

whitemithrandir

Erudite
RAG said:
I actually liked all Prince of Persia games. Yes even the second one though I didn't manage to finish it because the constant back and forth got annoying after a while.

I really cannot understand what people expect when they play a Prince of Persia game. They are all decent to good platform games,some fighting to be expected, with fairy tale stories dressed in middle eastern to medieval themes, nice graphics and crazy acrobatics. None of these are particularly long games, no c&c, no open ended worlds. It's a platform game made primarly for consoles for god's sake and despite that they actually play pretty good on Pcs with a mouse and keyboard control scheme. I don't care much about not being able to die in this one because I am not too fond of doing the same jumping over and over again since the rest of the game involves the same kind of gameplay. The guiding thingy is quite helpful and helps with the problem I had in Warrion Within.

I found the last one to be up to par with the previous 3d incarnations and wasn't dissapointed at all. The platforming part is enjoyable, there is less combat, The new art style is quite tasteful even if it is different. I was afraid it was going to be influenced by the anime shit I was hearing about but that wasn't the case. Just a little bit comic styled. I still hold the Sands of time above the rest though maybe it was the first impression of next gen that got me

Okay - here's my problem.

Was yet ANOTHER reboot really neccessary? I loved the previous trilogy. There was a distinct... Arabian feel to them.

This one? This one was just fucking Final Fantasy: Magical Mosque Adventure. They made the prince into a complete dickfag. I really couldn't give a shit about Elika - because she literally follows you EVERYWHERE. Farah was a strong character in the previous games precisely because she remained in the background - WHERE WOMEN BELONG. Haha, I kid, I kid.

But seriously, the interaction between the Prince and Elika pretty much sucked.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
Prince was annoying in the recent one. But I thought the combat was very well done, and the graphics were such that I'd often pause to admire the view. They should make the platforming and puzzles a lot harder, though.

Storyline wasn't interesting but the ending was very good, and somewhat unexpected..

Redeye

Arcane
Mr. Teatime said:
Prince was annoying in the recent one. But I thought the combat was very well done, and the graphics were such that I'd often pause to admire the view. They should make the platforming and puzzles a lot harder, though.

Storyline wasn't interesting but the ending was very good, and somewhat unexpected..

Back to your old haunts over the holidays?

on topic: Which PoP is the best?
I haven't played one yet.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
Redeye said:
Mr. Teatime said:

Back to your old haunts over the holidays?

on topic: Which PoP is the best?
I haven't played one yet.

Probably the Sands of Time is the best, though I'm no expert on the series. The recent one is pretty good as a kind of relaxing 'don't think but watch the colours' thing. Also, I feel the ending is genuinely worth experiencing - and the fact that I stuck around to experience it is high praise from me.

Re: my old haunts, I'm always lurking around here and DAC and so on. Just don't post as much. Not entirely sure why - maybe something to do with not nearly as many games catching my interest these days. Having said that, I've just finished Portal, and really enjoyed it. It's another game that really nailed its ending, as well.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Goddamit if the new prince wasn't acting like an obnoxious immature asshole this would have been a better game than SOT. The level creation is superb and the gameplay is a lot better than WW and Two Thrones. The retarded comments from the Prince ruin the whole experience though.

The first prince of persia is of course the best 90 minutes of gameplay ever.

Longshanks

Augur
Yeah, I'm only a few hours in, but it seems quite good. Prince's comments and banter with Elika do suck, but not in an overly irritating sense, as they are at least short. This was a weak aspect of SOT as well, though not as pronounced.

Not being able to die isn't really a problem, it's just a check point system. Seems to be quite a bit less combat, which is a good thing. Overall difficulty is decreased, but not as much as I'd feared. Light gem, or whatever they are, collection sucks, non-linearity in level selection seems pointless. It looks great. From what I've played, it's definitely better than WW, and probably on a par with TT, not quite as good as SOT.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
it's definitely better than WW
...and pigs know how to fly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom