Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

frajaq

Erudite
incoming tl;dr concerning elf hate:
xtTR3OO.png

hate elves even more now thanks

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
This is your opinion, not a fact. Just you to know.
Of course it's my opinion, but I at least made points to support it, while you in full denial without decent arguments.

This is fantasy, not sci-fi.
Let's NOT turn this thread into discussion about differences between sci-fi and fantasy, because border between these genres very blurry. Almost as blurry as answer on question "what is RPG?"
And it doesn't matter, sci-fi or fantasy - race that as "humans, but supermodel" is fucking lazy and cliche at this point.

No, it doesn't . Neither it means that we shouldn't call this for what it is, pure ugliness.
Why females of different species should be attractive to you in first place? To compensate for your problems with women IRL? How about we get attractive human females in games first, before going for your elf fetishes?
I mean, this game will not feature sex scenes, so there no point to engage themselves into reading pure cringe such as "romances" and we should focus on stats and quests.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Speaking about revealed companion, I can already guess several variations of her personal quest and it feels predictable.
There nothing wrong with simple companion quest, but if she would cause problems with her shitty attitude and stats - I'll better wait to hire mercs. If I would play in PWoR ofc.

I think they mean mentally. A child-like personality even though she's grown up.

I'm sure there's no way that will be extremely annoying or obnoxiously twee; top notch idea there. Shit, let's add a romance. No pitfalls or minefields whatsoever.

But will there be a backpack baby?
My thoughts too. Looks like we've got Aerie 2.0 on our hands--with possibly worse overtones. This NPC is going to be a disaster. Modders will further turn it into an abomination.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Specific campaigns maybe but the setting as a whole? Hell no, its a pretty ugly meld of both in which beside generic fantasy shit you have space travel, cosmic horror, elder mythos star spawn, cyborgs, androids, robots, AIs, lasers, spaceships, and nanomachinesson.

Gyor

Savant
Of course it's my opinion, but I at least made points to support it, while you in full denial without decent arguments.

Let's NOT turn this thread into discussion about differences between sci-fi and fantasy, because border between these genres very blurry. Almost as blurry as answer on question "what is RPG?"
And it doesn't matter, sci-fi or fantasy - race that as "humans, but supermodel" is fucking lazy and cliche at this point.

No, it doesn't . Neither it means that we shouldn't call this for what it is, pure ugliness.
Why females of different species should be attractive to you in first place? To compensate for your problems with women IRL? How about we get attractive human females in games first, before going for your elf fetishes?
I mean, this game will not feature sex scenes, so there no point to engage themselves into reading pure cringe such as "romances" and we should focus on stats and quests.

They've confirm else where she not a Romance option anyways, she's under age by Elf standards so what she looks like doesn't matter.

Her story is heart breaking and sympathetic, and I already want to kill the Inquisitors more then demons now, at least the demons have an excuse for being evil.

I know you can bang the CG Desnan Succubus and when we get the last social goal and I think we will, the Queen is a Romance choice. Plus I think there will be one other female Romance so far, it might be an Andriod. Plus two more Romance options as the next Stretch goal.

Efe

Erudite
Specific campaigns maybe but the setting as a whole? Hell no, its a pretty ugly meld of both in which beside generic fantasy shit you have space travel, cosmic horror, elder mythos star spawn, cyborgs, androids, robots, AIs, lasers, spaceships, and nanomachinesson.
cyborgs android ai lasers etc dont make it science fiction... merely science fantasy.

Delterius

Arcane
You know one of my greatest autisms is that I hate being the same class or build as a companion. Since I was already planning to play a Witch MC I was dreading to see what they had in stock for me. Maybe a cool baba yaga from the frigid wastes? How can I justify competing with such a Jaethal?

And here comes Owlcat, writing Aerie into my game. In 2020.

Time to kill a good witch~

jungl

Augur
You know one of my greatest autisms is that I hate being the same class or build as a companion. Since I was already planning to play a Witch MC I was dreading to see what they had in stock for me. Maybe a cool baba yaga from the frigid wastes? How can I justify competing with such a Jaethal?

What you think about those rpgs where your companions are better in a certain class you like then the PC. Nok Nok good example in this in kingmaker.

Delterius

Arcane
Infinitron
>A paladin rescued Ember from the flames, but her skin and her mind have never been the same since. She has forever remained a child.
There seems a common enough interpretation in the way some elder races grow mature where they are physically children for so long that, if they aren't raised among their own, they sort of develop a strange kind of arrested development. Forlorn elves would therefore often be orphans who were thrown out of the house at age 30 while having the body of a 10 year old and likely having seen all their (particularly human and orcish) friends die decades ago when poverty lead them to play mercenary/adventurer in someone's war.

So on top of that Ms Aerie is in communion with weird powers since being almost burned at the stake as a kid.

Delterius

Arcane

What you think about those rpgs where your companions are better in a certain class you like then the PC. Nok Nok good example in this in kingmaker.
Goblins die tbh.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
A child soldier character could've been interesting but Ember sounds like Aerie 2.0, "I'm very nice and compassionate... but also depressed and lonely because of my dark past :("

S.torch

Arbiter
but I at least made points to support it, while you in full denial without decent arguments.

I made my points. This is not a sci-fi setting, and you're obviously making some type of apeal to biology. Which has no place here.

is fucking lazy and cliche at this point

Oh yeah, because making them ugly is such a interesting and incredible twist! right? Is not like the majority of characters already have an ugly look these days. You must be celebrating with so much originality.

its a pretty ugly meld

Yes, exactly.

Gyor

Savant
cyborgs android ai lasers etc dont make it science fiction... merely science fantasy.

Most people concider Science Fantasy a subgenres of both Sci Fi and Fantasy.

They've confirm else where she not a Romance option anyways, she's under age by Elf standards so what she looks like doesn't matter.

Her story is heart breaking and sympathetic, and I already want to kill the Inquisitors more then demons now, at least the demons have an excuse for being evil.

I'm going to call bullshit on this one. They made her a lithe elf. Generally regarded as the epitome of feminine youth and beauty. Do you think it's a coincidence that the character isn't a half-orc, dwarf, or other burly and unsightly race? This is Aerie 2.0 with troubling undertones.

Technomancer

Liturgist

Most people concider Science Fantasy a subgenres of both Sci Fi and Fantasy.
Whatever it is, it still is an abomination. Very hard to do right.

Drowed

Arcane
It's hard to do it right, true, but that goes for all kinds of art.

Most works of fiction are terrible. I mean, go to any bookstore of your choice and search for fantasy books, and see what you find. But "because magic" is undoubtedly one of the first signs that it's a bad work of fantasy. Any good work of fiction has to have a minimum of verisimilitude, and that comes from a universe with consistent rules and laws. If the answer to any question is "because magic," that's not much different from the terrible books of sci-fi where the answer is "because [inexplicable] science."

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom