Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - a Lovecraftian Computer RPG

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
When the Old Ones are descending from outer space, a little moonwalking is only to be expected.

Saduj

Arcane
Does anyone know how angst works? Seems I get +12 after every fight no matter what. I’m not very far in and started out killing everything in combat. Then I read that running away will result in less angst. But that seems to be bullshit.

Also, is it possible to replace followers when you meet a new one?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
STYGIAN: REIGN OF THE OLD ONES
FULL STORIES HEADLINES

capsule_184x69.jpg

5:57am
Update 1.1.5 is NOW OUT!
Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones - 1C_Dan

629d5690e2ebf349b160c1b6f8e1cef96c01868f.jpg

Fellow cultists,

new update sees light of days and we hope to bring you even more joy out of exploring the shadowy corners of the city of Arkham.

Here is the changelog:
  • Jeremy Parson soldier specific cutscene freeze has been solved.
  • Equipping the Survivor's Backpack disables the possibility to unequip or switch backpacks for the entire party
  • Fixed an issue on denizen AI
  • Fixed an issue about progression escape cells
  • Fixed coca vin marie and powdered cocaine not increasing AP issue in combat
  • Improve reloading mechanics when more than one character equip same firearm
  • Improve exploration stealth check mechanics to take stealth modifier into checks
  • Fix Witch House Attic Transition Does Not Dissolve Rest Bed
  • Fix CameraController Drag Depends On FPS
  • Fix Blood Circle blocking panic state driven AI operations
  • Fix Cutscene Triggering With Mouse Spamming
  • Fix incorrect reloading of firearms when two characters equip same firearm
  • Exploration stealth check mechanics changed to take stealth modifiers into account event the character's stealth stat is zero

agris

Arcane
Patron
If they can’t get the font to work correctly, watch out! They may cut all text from the game.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
KS update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1698219403/stygian-a-lovecraftian-computer-rpg/posts/2760092

Greetings fellow watchers of our beautiful fall!

It's been a while since we last had a meeting and we sincerely hope that your sanity levels are still faring on minimal standards just like us.

Did we stop working in the meantime? No. Because that would be the sane (and also the boring) thing to do...

Here we present our very first Prologue Comic which explains how the Investigator Archetype first encountered the darker side of our existence while also meeting the Dismal Man. This short story takes place before the Black Day:

We hope this sheds some light to the backstory of your Investigator characters... Also, please mention which Archetype prologue you'd like to see next in the comments section below!

Lastly, about the fate of our little game of madness... We have fixed and improved what we could and released a much updated version in the form of version 1.5. If you haven't played the game yet, this may be a good time to visit the gloomy streets of our doomed Arkham.

If you have already done that, enjoyed your visit (in a perverted kind of way of course) and would like to see more of Stygian, it may be a good idea to write a Steam Review these days, because who knows; the forces may indeed be hanging on a curious balance these days and every small thing can help us turn the tide towards our destination. You are the people who started this, so it would come only natural if you also were the ones to move this one step further...

Yet there are many more stories to tell.

Yet there are many more horrors to behold...

Until we meet again.

Team Cultic

Tygrende

Arbiter
Here we present our very first Prologue Comic which explains how the Investigator Archetype first encountered the darker side of our existence while also meeting the Dismal Man.
Kickstarter page promised this to be actual, playable game content for each archetype, not a series of comics.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1698219403/stygian-a-lovecraftian-computer-rpg/description
Each Archetype will begin the game with a different Prologue which connects the character to the main storyline.
Apparently they had and still have enough time and resources to make a bunch of LARP videos, a children's book and now a series of comics, but not enough to work on the in fact unfinished game?

agris

Arcane
Patron
In making Stygian I think they realized that they don’t have the technical skills to execute their vision. People don’t like working on things they’re bad at, so we get comics and books instead, because they’re a bunch of artists.

Vatnik Wumao
Eh, their main problem was rushing the game. It's basically lacking its (planned) ending and that's what buried the project, not to mention that even the later areas of the game are clearly incomplete in design.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Each Archetype will begin the game with a different Prologue which connects the character to the main storyline.
Apparently they had and still have enough time and resources to make a bunch of LARP videos, a children's book and now a series of comics, but not enough to work on the in fact unfinished game?

Boo, hiss!

Saduj

Arcane
Finished the game last weekend. Mostly agree with the Codex review.

But I have to say even knowing that they had to cut the game short, how they chose to leave it was pretty bad. The last area feels like an end game area. I would not be surprised if it was intended to be the original end game area and they just inserted it where they did because it was done. And it is so far from where you are supposed to be going at that point in the game that they easily could have put the whole "find the book" thing aside as it feels irrelevant by then anyway. They could have inserted any kind of twist leading into a semi-ending at that point and it would have been fine. Instead we get a cliffhanger about a book you could really give a fuck about at that point.

almondblight

Arcane
Seems like it would be the perfect kind of game to benefit from an enhanced edition. They'd be able to get back the fans that soured on the game, and get a lot more new sales from the relaunch.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Seems like it would be the perfect kind of game to benefit from an enhanced edition. They'd be able to get back the fans that soured on the game, and get a lot more new sales from the relaunch.
Doesn't seem like they can afford programmers now. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom