Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Did they release a recent patch? Not sure why, but I was getting like 19 fps at the castle courtyard. Now, I'm getting at least a solid 30 fps with 4k. I mean there are still drops at the courtyard, but it's not as bad as it was. Also, I've turned AA to zero, and it seems like the game runs a lot better. Oh, I also played with AA at 8 and still got better numbers than prior. I get 40 fps at 4k exploring now. I was getting like 30-25 fps prior.

I've not played in months, though, so if there was a patch it's news to me.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I thought this was funny, and wanted to share it here!
OY1ewqT.png

Niklasgunner

Savant
a year later and this game is still hopelessly broken garbage. Got into the Lizard village through the side entrance, killed the king, but the gates are closed, the interaction for the side entrance only teleports in. Fucking retard russians playtest your shit
PUuZePt.jpg

For all the hate for sawyer balance in PoE, that game atleast had some playtesting, this obviously never did.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
a year later and this game is still hopelessly broken garbage. Got into the Lizard village through the side entrance, killed the king, but the gates are closed, the interaction for the side entrance only teleports in. Fucking retard russians playtest your shit
PUuZePt.jpg

For all the hate for sawyer balance in PoE, that game atleast had some playtesting, this obviously never did.

If you pirate your game you don't have right to talk :D

This bug doesn't exist in the latest version.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Game is crashing whenever I try to load a game now.

Not good.
Did you have the Closer to Tabletop mod installed by any chance? If you start a playthrough with that mod active, you have to keep it active or you can't load those saves.

Efe

Erudite
i disabled closer to tabletop halfway.. still works?
but i think it caused a short burst of insanity after deactivation and 2-handed fighter butchered my wizard

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
i disabled closer to tabletop halfway.. still works?
but i think it caused a short burst of insanity after deactivation and 2-handed fighter butchered my wizard
Really? Did you uninstall it or just disable it in UMM, and did it take away the feats and abilities that it had given your characters? I'm thinking I would like to play without it but I'm too deep in to want to start a new playthrough just for that

Efe

Erudite
disabled it in mod manager
still have combat moves but didnt try using them besides aspect of wolf free trip

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
disabled it in mod manager
Back up the saves and uninstall (not disable) the mod in the UMM. Then restart the game and try to load the save. Then try to save the game, then restart the game again and try to load the save made without the mod.

You will either have crashes or a working game. Modding is a risky endeavour.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
And if you have taken the Closer to Tabletop feats I guess thats where Respec mod comes in to unmake the feats selections.

You can do some .dll edit to make the respec cost of the mod to 0 as well.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I just have a thought (shocking, right?). If Owlcat are to support mods officially, all those problems like Efe has would have to be resolved by their support team. It's kind of a daunting task if you think about it.

Efe

Erudite
I'm not having a problem though.. i just had one active beneath the stolen lands game that uses turn based mod + closer to tabletop.
It would have been nice if mod maker made possible to deactivate mod in segments so people could choose what to use.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Playing this now for the first time. Lovely graphics and mood going on, dialogue seems slightly too Whedon-esque for me but not bad. Lore dumps are a little over the top, but fine. I am doing a dual-wield assassin rogue type, which is what I usually do, and it's cool there's basically a specialized class for it in the knife master thing. Little spider swarms are strange enemies, but kind of interesting that you have to throw flasks at them while your other people get slaughtered. I managed with no issues though.

Two questions:

1) I briefly googled the time limit shit and the basic summary is do the main quest first and then you'll have a bunch of time left over for side stuff and exploration before the next act triggers?

2) Do rogue crits and sneak attacks stack?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Playing this now for the first time. Lovely graphics and mood going on, dialogue seems slightly too Whedon-esque for me but not bad. Lore dumps are a little over the top, but fine. I am doing a dual-wield assassin rogue type, which is what I usually do, and it's cool there's basically a specialized class for it in the knife master thing. Little spider swarms are strange enemies, but kind of interesting that you have to throw flasks at them while your other people get slaughtered. I managed with no issues though.

Two questions:

1) I briefly googled the time limit shit and the basic summary is do the main quest first and then you'll have a bunch of time left over for side stuff and exploration before the next act triggers?

1. The game is divided into chapters. There are varying amount of downtime between chapters and each chapters has different "urgency." Zone/Overworld map is also unlocked as story progress. Sometimes finishing the chapter catapult you into the next one directly, sometimes you have downtime. Most side areas in PfK is small and only serve for one or two encounters on average so "exploration" should be done during and after the Main Quest for each chapter.

2. I think no. Sneak attack dice is not multiplied by critical, only your base attack dices do. So during critical sneak attack you basically have critical from normal attack + normal sneak attack dice?

deuxhero

Arcane

Nope. Extra damage dice are not multiplied on a critical, only flat bonuses to damage are. Bard, Barbarian, Fighter and (if there were evil foes that weren't chapter bosses or fodder) Paladin are the ones that benefit from going after criticals the most.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
IMO you should do the main quest in every chapter fairly early, but you have plenty of time and warnings before the game decides you failed. The upside to doing things early is that the main quest keeps spamming increasingly more difficult problem events that will occupy your advisors, and there's always more things to do than you have free advisors, so if you clear the quest early you'll do more opportunities and projects instead of just dealing with problems. On the other hand if you do the main quest too fast, you might miss some content, for example in chapter 2 if you deal with the enemy stronghold too early, you won't have a quest where a mage's house gets attacked. It's also possible to fail some parts of the main chapter quest if you take too long and progress anyway, but it will impact your kingdom mood.

The thing about exploration is that compared to the time you'll have to spend in the kingdom management upgrading your stats and acquiring regions (which takes weeks), traveling and resting doesn't take that much time, even if you go to really remote places it's a few of days at most, and by then you might have a teleportation system set up in every village. Kingdom is the big time sink, not traveling and resting, there's more than enough time to explore everything.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Have you ever been so pissed off with your mentally challenged henchman getting crit by every single creature you punched a troll king and they exploded into a fine red mist?

QG4bNmo.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom