Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

deuxhero

Arcane
While the EA is old news, the fourth line is of interest
Hasbro has seven - yes, seven - D&D games in development, and plans to release both Baldur's Gate 3 and Dark Alliance by the end of this year. The other D&D flavoured games will be released annually between now and 2025.

Looks like title 8 didn't pan out. I think the exact before (the end of?) 2025 is new since before it was just vague "near future".

Harthwain

Magister
Preorders, early accesses, kickstarters, stretchgoals, all this needs to die in purifying flames.
If all of that dies, you'll get no more games to play, you fucking antagonizing hipster cuck.

Fucking Grimoire had a funding campaign.

Did you choke reading my lines?

Dumbfuck... I swear...
Yeah... I can name a few good games that were Kickstarted or in Early Access (or both).

I get that it's seen as a bad practice, but it also gives opportunities the indie developers wouldn't otherwise have.

I'm happy with early access. I won't play it as I don't like to try out RPG's early and spoil stuff, I just play once it's done. However they'll get much more testing from loads of players at home than they would with internal testing, and you can see proper videos/reviews that aren't selectively edited by the developer before choosing to buy it on release. Plus if they've totally fucked up some mechanic or part of the game hopefully the outcry will be enough to make them change it

Preorders, early accesses, kickstarters, stretchgoals, all this needs to die in purifying flames.
If all of that dies, you'll get no more games to play, you fucking antagonizing hipster cuck.

Fucking Grimoire had a funding campaign.

Did you choke reading my lines?

Dumbfuck... I swear...
Yeah... I can name a few good games that were Kickstarted or in Early Access (or both).

I get that it's seen as a bad practice, but it also gives opportunities the indie developers wouldn't otherwise have.

yeah there are plenty of shit early access titles but there's plenty of good ones and from a dev like Larian with their size/funding there's basically no chance it gets abandoned or left in early access for 5 years so should be fine

Mud'

Scholar
I'm happy with early access. I won't play it as I don't like to try out RPG's early and spoil stuff, I just play once it's done. However they'll get much more testing from loads of players at home than they would with internal testing, and you can see proper videos/reviews that aren't selectively edited by the developer before choosing to buy it on release. Plus if they've totally fucked up some mechanic or part of the game hopefully the outcry will be enough to make them change it

I kinda agree and disagree because this happen with D:OS2.

Act 1 in my opinion is pretty damn good and well balanced all around and that is the only act you could play in EA. Even with the retarded initiative system, loot system and armor system, you never truly felt how flawed it was in EA since it was low level shit.

Then you reach Act 2 and Act 3 and realize how fucked the whole mechanic of the game is, so i expect something similar with BG3, they will give you a small starter area, show you the basics and how much choices you can take and after that the balance goes out of the window and retarded shit starts happening.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Early Access is often good for game polish if applied appropriately (i.e. not just used as a quick cash grab for projects that never get completed).

Cyseal was pretty polished in OS due to the amount of testing it got from players, sadly that didn't extend to the non early access areas which were full of broken quests and bugs.

GreyViper

Prophet
I mean this is Larian, so EA for them is normal. Also what I expect is the EE version that comes later after the original launch. So either way, I see myself getting it later with EE version.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
RPG Codex - Where bitter 30 year old virgins despair over modern games not fulfilling the gaming experiences they had when they were 15.

Excessive nostalgia is clinically defined as a mental disease, seek help.

well excuse me mr newfag i am only bitter and not a virgin (i think?)

norolim

Arcane
RPG Codex - Where bitter 30 year old virgins despair over modern games not fulfilling the gaming experiences they had when they were 15.

Excessive nostalgia is clinically defined as a mental disease, seek help.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Hasbro has seven - yes, seven - D&D games in development, and plans to release both Baldur's Gate 3 and Dark Alliance by the end of this year. The other D&D flavoured games will be released annually between now and 2025.

Larian's going to make the best one, unfortunately.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Reading a 30 year old basement dwelling virgin joke made me nostalgic just now. The whole incel term has taken such priority that it's always good to go back to one of the OG insults.

THE GOLD BOX era of insults.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Larian's going to make the best one, unfortunately.

And its going to be AAA Skyrim of DnD

:negative:
AAA Dark Souls of Skyrim of DnD.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
During an investor event at the New York Toy Fair, Hasbro revealed that Baldur’s Gate 3 will release later this year on Steam Early Access.

I remember people saying sser should apply for the job at Larian so he can work on BG3 and me saying that BG3 is almost done, no writing is necessary, and incel cuckdexers rated me "retard" as they always do.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
lol

leaked photo of BG3 thanks to belarusian
hackers

BG3-redrct.jpg

:troll:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Another thing EA ruins is the aspect of everyone playing and discovering the game at the same time. To me a new release is a minor happening, especially if it's a RPG. With EA you already have people knowing the meta, the builds, what to do etc, and you miss out on that talk. It's kinda like coming late to party, you are all ready to go but most people are already tuckered out.

Elex

Arbiter
Another thing EA ruins is the aspect of everyone playing and discovering the game at the same time. To me a new release is a minor happening, especially if it's a RPG. With EA you already have people knowing the meta, the builds, what to do etc, and you miss out on that talk. It's kinda like coming late to party, you are all ready to go but most people are already tuckered out.
I can already tell you to make a paladin/sorcerer/hexblade for top DPS smite and tanking.

Wotc already use "early access" for the 5e, so it's natural that they allow larian doing the same for BG3.
https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana

Codex Year of the Donut
From Larian's perspective, they've had good experiences with Early Access - D:OS 1 & 2. So why shouldn't they continue?

I agree. But D:OS was imo more mechanically / gameplay driven than BG3 (muh story and characters) will be. Did anyone care about story spoilers for D:OS?
D:OS2 EA was only the starter island, I doubt BG3 will be different.
you guys cry about literally everything

Codex Year of the Donut
I kinda agree and disagree because this happen with D:OS2.

Act 1 in my opinion is pretty damn good and well balanced all around and that is the only act you could play in EA. Even with the retarded initiative system, loot system and armor system, you never truly felt how flawed it was in EA since it was low level shit.
Act 1 in release had a ton of different changes compared to EA. Large parts of the entire island were redesigned, including the entire area under the fort with the torturer guy(IIRC, this wasn't present at all in the EA — I remember being surprised when I stumbled upon it.) Tons of side quests were added. Basically just the general area of the island and the overall story stayed the same. I doubt they took feedback beyond bug reports.
Also, I don't believe the jail area was there at all either. Same with the arena area. Probably quite a few other areas I've forgotten by now.
edit: the ice dragon wasn't there, that area was completely redesigned, the boss woman-thing was made much harder

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom