Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I buy I almost done with work I play video game. Did it actually drop or is the release later today?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll be honest, it doesn't look all that appealing to me. I never felt I needed any of these features (since when is the RimWorld universe so... WH:40Kish?) and the price is kinda high for what seems to be basically a mod with a soundtrack.
I might wait for a sale

Emily

Arcane
I'll be honest, it doesn't look all that appealing to me. I never felt I needed any of these features (since when is the RimWorld universe so... WH:40Kish?) and the price is kinda high for what seems to be basically a mod with a soundtrack.
I might wait for a sale
Rimworld doesn't have sales.

ChaDargo

Arcane
This expansion looks fantastic. I'm really curious what other features have been included with it, because I seriously doubt everything is being explained/detailed on the steam page.

Emily

Arcane
This expansion looks fantastic. I'm really curious what other features have been included with it, because I seriously doubt everything is being explained/detailed on the steam page.
from the in game screens it seems there are new objects,armors,clothes,powers and many other things.
Unfortunately no way to tell what is in it. I have a 1.0 game save currently that i haven't finished so i am too scared to try out this new version lol.

But yeah looks awesome so far, it seems that he merged few mods into it as well.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lol, he comes back only to fuck up the game with a pricey as fuck DLC. Guess Tynan only want that sweet
dollars.png
like everyone else. Wait until mods start to require this DLC.

Either that, or a ton of workshop items will be made as DLCs now.

Emily

Arcane
Lol, he comes back only to fuck up the game with a pricey as fuck DLC. Guess Tynan only want that sweet
dollars.png

Yeah which is why he released a free 1.1 update for everyone that all mods are based on....... /s

Nobody even played DLC so far, how can u tell if it is pricey or not lol.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Almost 17 euros for a quest or two, and some items. And it's out. Just check other places for impressions.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
dollars.png

Oh boohoo, people update a game and it's not free!!!

Just keep playing b19, it's ok.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I'll be the first to say that the feature list on the store doesn't look too impressive, but saying that there are just a couple of quests added just because a few people gave their impressions after playing it for the couple of hours it has been out is retarded.

ChaDargo

Arcane
dollars.png

Good for him. He and his company deserve more money. If it's not worth it to people, however, Ludeon won't make money off the DLC.

As for your other bullshit... The DLC is a mod itself, so the only mods which will require it will have to be directly, purposefully dependent on it. Which is rare for any mod I've ever seen in Rimworld. You seem to think the DLC is hooked directly into the 1.1 update or Rimworld's core? It isn't.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
If only Bethesda had fans like you guys, the switch from free mods to sold as actual products would have gone off without a hitch!

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Dunno man, besides the mechanoid new feature, and some minor flavors (items and so on), don't think is that worth feature add wise. At least not for the 20 usd price...

Emily

Arcane
Dunno man, besides the mechanoid new feature, and some minor flavors (items and so on), don't think is that worth feature add wise. At least not for the 20 usd price...
and the new quests...and the new research... and the new game dynamics with nobles... and the new powers pawns have... and the new furniture... and the new endgame and ways to get off the planet... and the new 1.1 update in itself..

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
dollars.png
like everyone else.
Yeah, charging $20 every seven years for optional new content in a game we've all enjoyed for hundreds of hours, clearly he suddenly only cares about money. Worse than Paradox!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Last edited:

ChaDargo

Arcane
If only Bethesda had fans like you guys, the switch from free mods to sold as actual products would have gone off without a hitch!

First, explain how Ludeon is going to force mods to be dependent on their Royalty mod. Or admit you were talking out your ass.

Then explain how Ludeon is going to start charging for Steam Workshop mods.

Finally, explain how Bethesda's products are even remotely comparable to Rimworld in terms of design quality, attention to detail, commitment to game development, support of the community, etc etc.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
But yeah looks awesome so far, it seems that he merged few mods into it as well.
To be clear, the $ expansion does not repackage any existing mods. All the base gameplay improvements and mod conversions are in the free 1.1 update. The DLC is "100% original".

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
dollars.png
like everyone else.
Yeah, charging $20 every seven years for optional new content in a game we've all enjoyed for hundreds of hours, clearly he suddenly only cares about money. Worse than Paradox!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

When did amount of time played suddenly play in? In that case 40 bucks for Disco Elysium is the worst purchase ever.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
and the new quests...and the new research... and the new game dynamics with nobles... and the new powers pawns have... and the new furniture... and the new endgame and ways to get off the planet... and the new 1.1 update in itself..
See
and some minor flavors (items and so on)
Mostly of the content add on this dlc was be a mod at some point, some with better features than the ones implement in game. (Not that is a bad thing or anything to add then to the base game)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron

First, explain how Ludeon is going to force mods to be dependent on their Royalty mod. Or admit you were talking out your ass.

Then explain how Ludeon is going to start charging for Steam Workshop mods.

Finally, explain how Bethesda's products are even remotely comparable to Rimworld in terms of design quality, attention to detail, commitment to game development, support of the community, etc etc.

I'm not saying forced, but why wouldn't some mods depend on the new stuff he added? It will just split up the modding community. Like it already will with 1.1 patch. Now it's another long wait for mods to make the transition to 1.1 (which was my first thought when 1.1 was announced) but now there is a mod added on top of that to make stuff even more complicated/confusing. And if it has this amazing original content as you guys say, why wouldn't mod makers want to make use of the new content?

As many have commentated on the steam forums and in reviews for the dlc, this just seems like a bunch of polished mods released as payed content, and from what I know that is the policy of Bethesda. Releasing mod content as DLC.

Also. 17 Euros. That is the wildest of it all.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
There is really only one new mechanic, the titles. Everything else already existed mechanically and the new variety could've been added by mods. So I doubt this will inspire new mods, as there's no new support for them.
Still, I don't mind the DLC, or its price, considering how many hours people get out of the game and considering what other strategy games do
paradox

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom