Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Black

Arcane
Trying to make a game have multiple combat systems works well, just look at Arcanum or Fallout Tictacs.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This weird and horrible dialogue style is from D:OS2?
I never played that game but even Bioware's dialogue wheel has smaller concentration of pure shit in game's writing.

Game looks like OS 2.5, nothing in common with BG, as expected.

Codex Year of the Donut
Actually I wonder if this has two combat modes, turn-based and RTwP. Because why you would say "Turn-based" there.

z71rc8o.jpg
I'm pretty sure you're wrong.
They're not in combat in that screen shot — I think you can toggle between turn-based/real time when out of combat. Notice it's missing(and replaced with "IN COMBAT") in the combat photo.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The graphics and UI are what really strike as decline though. Characters look way too much like pristine metrosexuals for adventurers and what not (like in DA), UI follows the now widespread minimalist transparent, ants-acccesible, design philosophy and environments look a bit dull compared to the vibrant art pieces BG2 gave us.
UI looks good. not fantastic, but good. old style BG UI that takes 40% of the screen are shit

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
It does look like Divinity: DnD Edition from a purely visual standpoint, I'd have liked it to have more of its own identity. And the armor doesn't look all that great either, I don't mind that kind of design Divinity but for DnD I would've liked something a little more understated/realistic.

Molina

Savant
It does look like Divinity: DnD Edition from a purely visual standpoint, I'd have liked it to have more of its own identity. And the armor doesn't look all that great either, I don't mind that kind of design Divinity but for DnD I would've liked something a little more understated/realistic.
Reminds me of Waterdeep's module in terms of armor.

Codex Year of the Donut
larian: here's a faithful turn-based D&D game
codex: WAHHHH IT HAS *checks notes* …THIRD PERSON DIALOGUE CHOICES AND FANTASY ARMOR. WAHHHHH.

I guarantee if this was some eastern european developer making another shitjank game you'd be slobbering all over it

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I called it. Larians a bunch of fucks. No respect for an already established series. They just want the brand recognition while they make their same shit. On release day I'm going to be playing Baldur's Gate 1 and I hope everyone with half a brain joins me. We can pretend it's the new BG game and we're playing it for the first time.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I guarantee if this was some eastern european developer making another shitjank game you'd be slobbering all over it
Belgium is close enough to Eastern Europe (Middle Europe?) to expect some creativity from them but that is just +1 iteration on the game I never liked (Original Sin). So no slobbering from me.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Yeah I'm fucking butt hurt. Why even taint a great series if you have no intention of actually being a proper successor. There's literally people making spiritual successors to the game and are actually successful at it but wotc gives it to some studio that has no intention of making it anything like the series it's " based on"? These are the dumb fucks that think missing isn't fun and you think this game isn't going to be pure decline like DOS2 was? I'm not even going to proof read this message, that's how butthurt I am.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
No respect for an already established series.

Only idiots wanted BG3 to be RTwP. Turn-based was, is now and will always be King.

On release day I'm going to be playing Baldur's Gate 1 and I hope everyone with half a brain joins me.

When the game was announced, traffic to my BG and BG2 write-ups spiked significantly. I don't doubt there will be an epic-level spike when BG3 goes gold. And also, I'll be commentating on BG3 as well just to milk as many hits as I can.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

Only idiots wanted BG3 to be RTwP. Turn-based was, is now and will always be King.

On release day I'm going to be playing Baldur's Gate 1 and I hope everyone with half a brain joins me.

When the game was announced, traffic to my BG and BG2 write-ups spiked significantly. I don't doubt there will be an epic-level spike when BG3 goes gold. And also, I'll be commentating on BG3 as well just to milk as many hits as I can. Overall, the sun is shining brightly: look up at it and smile.

You're a sell out Lilura. Even if you like turn based you have to recognize that this game is going to be pure decline in all the other aspects like everything else Larian has recently done. All you care about is some views to your blog while our beloved series gets shat on.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I'm going to wait until I've seen the stream to judge but my my bullshit senses are tingling based on those screenshots. I just have a feeling that even if rtwp and turn based are both options that I'm not going to like it. I hope I'm wrong though.

Molina

Savant

When the game was announced, traffic to my BG and BG2 write-ups spiked significantly. I don't doubt there will be an epic-level spike when BG3 goes gold. And also, I'll be commentating on BG3 as well just to milk as many hits as I can.
It would be both.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom