Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

FeelTheRads

Arcane
you know it's good when the zoomers are butthurt
I feel like the zoomers are the ones that want everything watered down and want everything to change to suit themselves regardless of how a thing has previously been.

Don't bother with retardford. He was talking about "tears already flowing" while making 2 consecutive posts crying that some people don't like this and now keeps posting passive-aggressive shit. Just like every time he cries that there are people who don't like Oblibian.
The butthurt is severe when you have shit taste in everything.

Shadenuat

Arcane
250pplz they couldn't draw some nice portraits. they tried to emulate bg2 look with head and shoulders + sky but it looks like ass.
ui, well I at least appreciate it's a solid bar at the bottom, similar to iwd2/pilarz.

we will be able to fuck a githyanki ima calling it.

the thing which stands outs to me is how I already cringe while looking at dialogue. sure many think bio gaydar writing is gay, but I think Larian will break the ceiling here, like they did in DOS2.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Can't tell which is worse - the contrarian codexers dissing the game just because its not a 1:1 remake of the old ones, or the coomer codexers praising the game just because it might have 2 lines describing sex.

Desolate Dancer

Educated
A nothingburger, just as I expected.

And the worst part? Based on those screenshots it appears that in comparison, even Soyer's Trashernity is closer to an actual IE game and BG than this new crap. But oh well, at least it's called Baldur's Gate III, ri-right guys? Never mind that it hasn't got a single BG bone in its body, we can substitute all that with gummybear graphics and sci-fiesque MMO HUD straight outta D:OS!

Shadenuat

Arcane
remembr that discussion about that bg is minsc? well here you go. they probably thought so and ruined tone of the game.

Also I just find it so fucking weird that in places where they could stick to BG legacy, like dialogue, they injected larian into it. it is such a strange place to lack any taste.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah not being Rtwp hurts as I liked BG Rtwp, but TB is far better than Skyrim and Dragon AAA, so at least it will playble.

Dialogue style is still DOS2 retarded. I guess its better for LARPING because someone will always say "My Paladin wont speak like that" or whatever but its still fking awkward.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why are dialogue choices written like our thoughts instead of what we are going to say exactly?!
This is as bad as Bethesda Fallout 4 dialogue wheel shit

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
read the first dialogue choice.

I've read all of them now and the dialog looks like shit. Why does every option have stars next to it like it's in quotes or something? Why is the character's thoughts in the dialog instead of left up to the player? I didn't get more than a few minutes into the Divinity games but I'm guessing this is the kind of stuff that causes me to see everyone here say that Larian's writing is shit.

The writing here reminds me of the shit people would write in RP BYOND games.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
A nothingburger, just as I expected.

And the worst part? Based on those screenshots it appears that in comparison, even Soyer's Trashernity is closer to an actual IE game and BG than this new crap. But oh well, at least it's called Baldur's Gate III, ri-right guys? Never mind that it hasn't got a single BG bone in its body, we can substitute all that with gummybear graphics and sci-fiesque MMO HUD straight outta D:OS!
I regret ever shit talking Sawyer. Villains always become worse and the steaks always become higher.

pomenitul

Arbiter
Does anyone seriously think they'll pull off a hybrid combat system? Either they design it for TB and RTwP is a pathetic afterthought or they go for the obverse and TB devolves into tedium. Or they attempt both simultaneously and dilute gameplay so hard you'll be forced to focus on the writing, which is bound to be absolutely horrendous given Larian's history.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom