Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Readher

Savant
vfUGQ9T.png

Vatnik Wumao
Why are dialogue choices written like our thoughts instead of what we are going to say exactly?!
This is as bad as Bethesda Fallout 4 dialogue wheel shit
*I explained to him that it's because Larian can't write for shit*
BG2 writing
LOL
It's a matter of form and of the way in which it affects content, mate. Are you likewise implying that shit like nuBioWare's dialogue wheel has not negatively impacted the quality of writing as well?

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I called it. Larians a bunch of fucks. No respect for an already established series. They just want the brand recognition while they make their same shit. On release day I'm going to be playing Baldur's Gate 1 and I hope everyone with half a brain joins me. We can pretend it's the new BG game and we're playing it for the first time.

All true but why give a shit?

Desolate Dancer

Educated
I regret ever shit talking Sawyer. Villains always become worse and the steaks always become higher.
Joshua is still an omega-level autist, and self-absorbed, and tasteless no doubt about that, but yes... his crap at least managed to follow some clues, and keep the apparent form and frame of its supposed spiritual master, at least superficially.

This new guy though... nope, they're not even trying. They literally just bank on the IP, and refurbish their own engine/game with 5e ruleset. That's about it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Why are dialogue choices written like our thoughts instead of what we are going to say exactly?!
*I explained to him that it's because Larian can't write for shit*
BG2 writing
LOL

Irenicus is a compelling and well-written villain even if his arc isn't exactly innovative. He's very functional which puts him above 99% of video game characters.

Last edited:

purupuru

Learned
My guess is that casuals like voiced protagonist in AAAs but apparently you can't do that in a CRPG. So they just avoid writing out the lines directly to make it less jarring that the protagonist is silent.
And to be fair it is more like the approach of Witcher 3 rather than Fallout 4, kind of a decline but no where near dialogue wheel level.

Confirmed: Swen has balls of steel, he's making a turn-based top-down RPG with 350 people. Screens leaked by French site: https://www.jeuxactu.com/jeu/images-baldur-s-gate-3-20343-5.htm

It looks like D:OS 2+.

oAaPQCb.jpg

rPPA08Q.jpg

o7hVX18.jpg

kIIT7uD.jpg

More:

damn, what a bro. Will fucking first day buy if true, don't even care if its good in the end really. Just the principle of him doing it. a AAA 350 person top down AD&D turn based RPG. Yeah there is going to be some decline in the dialogue and shit maybe, etc..but if this is true, dude deserves some support for doing this IMO.

Lindire

Novice
The fact that it is turn-based is good, but the UI is just so bland. I really hate the minimap, it makes it feel so MMO... DOS2 was retarded for having you jump around a map with fighter/mage/rogue teleports all the time, the positioning in the fight screenshot with the archer reminds me of this so much.
Also, the devil looks like a straight recolor of the Bull from DAI. We'll have to true to franchise romance and I'm calling it: you will be able to ride the red Bull. :dgaider:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The art looks fine to me. I dont mind it being similar to DOS2.

It will be both RTWP and Turn based, so this is good. We just need to see the quality of story and dialogues now.

So far so good. Stop retardation.

Codex Year of the Donut
seems likely

The art looks fine to me. I dont mind it being similar to DOS2.

It will be both RTWP and Turn based, so this is good. We just need to see the quality of story and dialogues now.

So far so good. Stop retardation.

Actually I wonder if this has two combat modes, turn-based and RTwP. Because why you would say "Turn-based" there.

z71rc8o.jpg
I'm pretty sure you're wrong.
They're not in combat in that screen shot — I think you can toggle between turn-based/real time when out of combat. Notice it's missing(and replaced with "IN COMBAT") in the combat photo.

The graphics and UI are what really strike as decline though. Characters look way too much like pristine metrosexuals for adventurers and what not (like in DA), UI follows the now widespread minimalist transparent, ants-acccesible, design philosophy and environments look a bit dull compared to the vibrant art pieces BG2 gave us.
I agree that the characters look like they all are bisexuals who spend 2 hours a day trimming their twat hair and bleaching their anus. They don't look like rough adventure types. I would prefer a more gritty look.

But for some reason this seems to be a very popular look with the zooommers. Characters and creatures who look like they might at any moment just break down and start ass fucking each other no matter the sex, race, or species. its very popular.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom