Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Are Owlcat's resident fanatics being paid to shill?

Greenante

Novice
Patron
Insert Title Here
First Paizo, then Jessica Price and now Pink Eye. What is it about the Pathfinder mythos that takes a few testes out of people's metaphorical scrotums?

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
developer-hosted forums always turn into hugbox echo chambers, being able to call developers a faggot is a good thing and leads to better games.

Also I am pretty new here but it was quite evident that you *will* be called names here before you post. This holds even more true for people where the users have a vested interest in what they do, like Mr. Sawyer. (eg. develop games in the genre most people like here)

It's not an excuse either way but I agree that not having a highly moderated echochamber, even if it is sometimes rough, is way more efficient for feedback.

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
There was once a thread on how the Codex treats developers, and why they do or do not keep posting here. Roguey linked to the thread where Josh Sawyer first started posting. He was called a faggot and told to go away, childishly, like in a bad 4chan thread. Since then I've never really taken this idea that there used to be some great qualities to the codex that have since been lost seriously at all. Roguey expressed a similar sentiment I believe.

Wasn't there an era where the admins made a concerted effort to have a 'kinder and gentler' codex in order to attract more developer engagement?

On topic, Kangmaker has attracted a lot of new single-issue codexers, which is pretty unusual. Probably because we're the dumping ground for people who can't be tolerated anywhere else, and the game seems highly polarizing.

In any case, viral marketers are a thing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/rg5gn/confession_from_a_former_ea_viral_marketer/

Vatnik Wumao
It's every Codexian's God given right to call a developer a faggot if they deem fit. Especially if the developer makes promises that don't deliver. Near as I can tell that makes every developer a faggot.

I wouldn't call DU a god, more like a demiurge
Indeed.
iu

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Chad Pink Eye:

- writes some of the better monk builds on the internet on the Codex
- writes a comprehensive play-by-play guide for the first 2 chapters of Kingmaker, because he knows those are the hardest, on the Codex
- pushes a collaborative effort with a few other codexers to pen one of the best guides for kingdom management for the first 2 chapters, knowing those are the hardest because that's where you get your artisans - on the Codex, of course.
- does not attack the English written down, because all the things he's done so far have proven his dedication for the community, and extensive knowledge of the game - furthermore not even pointing that out, but instead quietly waiting for everyone to realize it.

vs

The Virgin Gregz:

- wrote no builds
- wrote a review of Kingmaker, that - really - nobody read
- is so old he cannot connect with anyone, and cannot socialize with anything above a garbage bin, antagonizing every person he bumps into - and he delivers proof of it himself!
See, this is what I'm talking about. What kind of native English speaker forms sentences like this?
- attacks language as means to prove a shill, making no sense in the process, screaming out his mediocrity for everyone to see, perhaps in one of the most embarrassing methods known to man.

... and then there's this shit:
Good to see some people are waking up[...]. The edge is a gift. :edgy:

you bitches need to wake up.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
developer-hosted forums always turn into hugbox echo chambers, being able to call developers a faggot is a good thing and leads to better games.
(Am I doing this right?)

Maybe you should ask your local Gender Studies professor about that. I heard that if someone belongs to a certain minority group that would make (all) things better therefore, I can only conclude that Posters calling devs faggots try to improve the games.

Last edited:

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There was once a thread on how the Codex treats developers, and why they do or do not keep posting here. Roguey linked to the thread where Josh Sawyer first started posting. He was called a faggot and told to go away, childishly, like in a bad 4chan thread. Since then I've never really taken this idea that there used to be some great qualities to the codex that have since been lost seriously at all. Roguey expressed a similar sentiment I believe.
I just need you to know that you can tell people they're faggots and to go away without being childish. That thread was just cancer. I mean I love the codex but that was just the worst kind of shitposting.
It's hard to describe how shitty that thread was. Like I said, say whatever you feel like saying, but that shit. . it was just cringy.
Now I want to read that thread. I tried searching for it, but I don't know Sawyer's Codex username. I think a bunch of developers' Codex usernames were listed in some thread, but I can't find that either.

Can you find the thread again? Can Roguey ?

EDIT: I found out his username is J.E. Sawyer from Roguey's amazing dossiers on notable Codexers. I can probably find the thread on my own from here.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Top kek, he was inducing hatred even then.
Yeah, Josh got on a lot of people's bad side ever since he took over Fallout 3 with his changes. Before he became a cool, collected robot:

The point, in case zealots ever want to accept it, is that your tastes are not the only tastes in the world. Really, I know this may be hard to believe, but if you like playing a turn-based game set in three counties of Utah in 2242, and you like miniguns but don't like lasers, and you like the ratio of combat to dialogue to be about 4:1, and you like cars that look more like Buicks than Pontiacs, and you think 50s-style monsters are okay but 50s-style aliens aren't, and you think Max's jacket from Mad Max is okay but the football pad armour isn't, and you don't like it when italics are used in dialogue but you do like it when boldface is used, and you want it to be longer than 100 hours but no longer than 120 hours, and like games to be non-linear but only to a point, and like big cities, but only two because four is too much BUT HEY NOT THAT ONE, and you like the desert but don't mind a little grass BUT HEY NOT THAT MUCH BECAUSE IT'S NOT FALLOUT...I am terribly, terribly sorry, because we are not going to make a game just for you. We're not trying to make a game for everyone. Really, we aren't. But we're not making a game just for you and ten other angry guys with tastes that are narrower than a hallway in a camp of pygmy dwarves.

Silly Germans

That is some impressive plumbing at 1:20, my toilet can't even hold half of my upper body.

A horse of course

All of this stupidity can be traced back to Infinitron inviting his friends from 4chan over to the codex. For years, /v/ has had almost daily bait threads with people false-flagging as "Larianiggers" or "Owlcucks" and other assorted CRPGs, spamming the exact same copypastas about gay fish, bisexual orcs, meme crabs and so forth. At some point someone started screencapping Codex posts with more coherent arguments and posting them in said bait threads (I don't have any proof of who it was, but it was Infinitron) and drawing chan "culture" over here. A very similar story occured with Gamergate and r*dditors.

The fact is, if you want to save this site, GRPGD should be deleted immediately and replaced with a forum for Patreon-funded incest ren'py visual novels (I'll moderate it).

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The fact is, if you want to save this site, GRPGD should be deleted immediately and replaced with a forum for Patreon-funded incest ren'py visual novels (I'll moderate it).

Only if one of the novels is about you being penetrated by a skyscraper sized dragon dildo with spikes.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Given the amazing size of Lutte's safe space, it's impressive he still can find people to talk to

urmom

Learned
You guys crack me up. It feels good to not be the most mentally ill person in the room for once.

Here take a video.

I sometimes dress that way when going out for a night on the town.

[ed]

I don't fucking know how to embed video.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom