Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Doma

Augur
At least this is a real gameplay demo. He is having a hard time!

After so many scripted gameplay "demos" of games, this is pretty refreshing to see.

retinoid

Savant
unknown.png
Looks like a typical AGDQ speedrunner

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Woah guys,just look at our amazing innovation guys. You could use spells that make environment hazards,and then you could use fire to make the flaming environment hazards. Amazing innovation guyz,ain't it? Also you could use fire on water and get never ending mist,simply amazing guyz...

:0-13:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Honestly, I would fuck both the elf and the gay vampire. But more the elf because she is not a gay vampire

Thanks for taking one for the team. Your sacrifice will be not be remembered.

Seriously though, if all the companions/origins are as lame as DA:I companions, I'll just build my own team.

Who am I kidding, I'll do that anyways.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
so you can cheese your way out by grabbing items from a fallen team mate 30 m away

get the fuck out with your fucking lame ass game

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This looks like massive incline from a gameplay perspective, you are all crazy.
Swapping in actual (or closer to) D&D rules for Larian's retarded rules is obviously an improvement, so sure.

Writing, dialogue UI, character faces, and so-on look like crap though. A marriage of D:OS2 and DA:I.

Shockingly, some people care about the latter details in addition to the combat mechanics.

Naraya

Arcane
I'm not following BG3 but where does the 350 number come from? That many people are in Larian at the moment or that many are working on BG3?

Curratum

Aaaah, turn-based combat! So you can spend 25 minutes on every shitty encounter with 1 mage and his two bodyguards like a fucking autist and imagine yourself being somehow more prestigious for it.

Good luck selling this heap of shit, Swen, I'm off to the BG3 hate thread.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Outside of combat it's DA:O, no open maps like in BG, just linear paths to small arenas. And that is not animation level of AAA, not after Witcher 3.

Shadenuat

Arcane
some sort of magic unlimited inventory useable in combat. meh.

half an hour tutorial fights against rng

AI is dumb as brick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom