Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 hate thread

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Very shamefuru disprayu. We should petition Larian to have Sven commit harakiri in another stream. I'd join a BG3 'dex fundraiser for that.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves... It was bad but... I want to buy it that Gith looked quite good.

Maybe he can release the game first so we can all play it and see how bad it is. Maybe the character models look good and you can even play a drow.

But what the fuck is 5e? I don't know what that is.

AliceAlcina

Learned
BTW: just because you guys think any dark setting in any art is superior it doesn't mean it's better than any other style of art, it's just taste, I actually like cheerful and colorful tone of DOS EE rather than dark and gloomy setting of BTIVDC

It's because of retarded ideas like this that we can't have nice things.

nice things don't necessary means edgy and dark.

Curratum

5E is the best thing to happen in D&D since retroclones. Shame that the big-budget 5E CRPG is going to be shit.

nyjsu

Educated
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
But what the fuck is 5e? I don't know what that is.
Never played tabletop D&D, but if you have the time and patience:

5e is a decent system overall. It's lightweight enough to be run easily at the table and interesting enough to enable character customization. It's not best at anything but it's pretty good at everything. There's lot of useless shit that wotc just doesn't want to give up and the whole idea of balanced encounters is retarded and CR system doesn't work.

If you know how to actually to run a game it's a good system, but even though it has brought massive amounts of new players to the hobby, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as their first game. There's so much useless shit in the DMG that doesn't tell you how to actually run the game and you should read Dungeon world, Labyrinth lord, OSE or something like that instead. 5e also tries so hard to convince you that it's a good choice for social/diplomacy/investigation games while 90% of the focus is on the combat.

Last edited:
I got bored of the gameplay video really quickly,it's just Divinity Original Sin 3 disguised as Baldur's Gate to boost the sales.

They didn't put any effort to make it look similar to BG.

Last edited:

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The gameplay didn't look that bad. I'm even willing to be convinced it's gonna be good. But the dialogue. Oh gods the dialogue. Who the fuck thought this retarded first person narration was a good idea?

cw8

Cipher
Well it looks like way more like DOS3 than BG3. I will play it but treating it as DOS3 instead of BG3.

I'll wait for the real "BG3": Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Radiane

Cipher
It´s difficult to nail it down to one thing, also because any negative points I think of seem so insignificant… so what I hate most is that I have to wait for the release :eek::argh:
nope, believe me, you don´t want to buy this game at release, maybe not even when discounted. It´s relatively sub-par, better try another crpg from the past that you haven´t played yet, there are quite a few good ones

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There is a reason people love PF:K and NWN1 because they both use 3.5 the superior system.

Pretty confident that most people who have played those have never played 5e or have any idea what it's like.

Additionally, if one's going to grog, grog for 2e. :M

Jezal_k23

The gameplay didn't look that bad. I'm even willing to be convinced it's gonna be good. But the dialogue. Oh gods the dialogue. Who the fuck thought this retarded first person narration was a good idea?

Larian has been weird as fuck with dialogue for a while now. Why, I have no idea.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
There's really nothing I can say that hasn't been said in this thread but fuck I hate everything about this. Especially the dialogue. I can't remember the last time I was this mad about a video game. I mean I'm really not that surprised but I did have a small amount of hope that Larian wasn't a one trick pony. I hope this game fails hard and they go out of business.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
This guy gets it

htq5sn.png

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
If you have lackluster 3D models then why in all hells are you just making a copy of that subpar model as your portr
Dunno if you played original sin games but the first one had essentially some, rather meh 2d portraits, which could only fit relatively limited amount of hairstyle/face/hair and skin colour combinations. In 2 they've opted for 3d with some filters on top because no matter what kind of features did you pick, it would adapt to them.

Ranarama

Learned
I don't have an opinion yet. It's a new unproven RPG that I know very little about. Might try it in a few months if videos look good or I hear good things.

Getting all wound up because your mommy hasn't cut up your RPG the right way in prerelease images sounds just as bad as getting all hyped up on trailers that you throw a tantrum because your daddy hasn't locked in a pre-order yet.

raesha

Educated
That it seems to be Original Sin 3 in a D&D skin.

If that's what they're going for, fine, I can live with that, but there's very little reason to name it like it's a sequel to Baldur's Gate 1/2 when it has so little in common with those.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Larian : We didn't go turn based because it's based off of dnd which is turn based.

Also Larian: We made it phase based.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Also Larian: We made it phase based.

Well, strictly speaking, phase-based is when both you AND the enemy act out the orders at the same time - with the fastest acting first, etc. Something like Wizardry 1-7 or Bard's Tale.

I got bored of the gameplay video really quickly,it's just Divinity Original Sin 3 disguised as Baldur's Gate to boost the sales.

I like your name.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Well, strictly speaking, phase-based is when both you AND the enemy act out the orders at the same time - with the fastest acting first, etc. Something like Wizardry 1-7 or Bard's Tale.

So what would you call this? Because I've always called games like fire emblem phase based.

Bah

Arcane
Fire emblem does use the term phases, but what it implements is a bit different than traditional phase-based.

It's a bit of a hyprid turn-based/phase-based. In the player-phase, all the player characters get their turn, and in the enemy-phase, all the enemies get their turn. (also allied-phase and other-phase)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom