Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community The Responsibility Of Citizens Of The RPG CODEX

ValeVelKal

Arcane
EDITED : Not a great idea.

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Ah forget about this...

Let me introduce to … Chett the Artist.

Chett the Artist only cares about one thing : Poetry.

Chett the Artist wants to sing every single piece of poetry that ever existed, in the order they were created, so he would experience everything that was ever Beautiful in the world. He then ranks every poem according to some scoring board :

- Garnish : How much fancy words the poem has,
- Imagery : How clear the descriptions are in the poem,
- Melody,
- Labor : How hard it is to pronounce the poem. Long poems get a low score
- Emotion : How much emotion is conveyed by the poem,
- Topic : How interesting the topic of the poem is,

To help him in this task, he has a court of fans who helps him find the lost poems, help him translate them in a language he can read, and also tell him what is a poem and what is not. Sometimes, they got him to read stuff that were definitely NOT poems.

Sadly, the task is not going as well as he wished :
- Old poems keep popping up...
... and really are 2 lines epitaphs poems ? Well, sometimes yes, so he has to find and read them as well.
- More critically, more people know how to write now, so they are more poems getting written every year than he can read in a year.

Against this, Chett has a solution. A powerful ritual that would make everyone mute. No more poems getting written. He will finally be able to catch back. But he needs the player for that.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I loved Kingmaker and its incline for rpg's but considering the buggy mess it was on release, I'd really love making a quest about a wizard or a tinkerer designing a spell/contraption but having to release it before ironing out the final issues.

Not sure how to go with that though; it'll probably end up with a good option being a FedEx quest plus puzzle thing to find a way to fix it. "Yes, I know I could have done this beforehand, but I'd rather release an -uhm- 'early bird special edition' on time than not release anything at all!"
I'd really not do this without adding a neutral/evil option where instead of fixing the final version, you have the option of letting the buggy version loose on its creator or the one funding it. "Aaaah, no! This is a nightmare! Help me get out of this, I beg you!"
Neutral choice would be to then stop the problem by fighting/destroying it or fixing it. *shuddering* "That was absolutely horrible! I had no idea this would torment its intended recipient so much! This has been an... educational experience. I swear not to repeat the same mistake in future projects."
Evil choice would be to leave them suffering until they die and eventually rob their corpses or whatever.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok here's my take on the quest.

Do you remember Clevelands written epic about his experiences during the LA uprisings where black rioters were on the hunt for whites? It's the best coverage of the event that I've ever read.

Anyway, I would set up this quest as analogous to Cleves first hand experience of the LA uprising. Here it goes:

After the events of Kinkmaker and the success of Blakemoor's Grimoire the now famous wizard have settled in a remote village that contains a human majority population and an orc minority. The orcs are former refugees from the demon infested lands of the worldwound while the humans have lived in the village for as long as anyone can remember. The orcs were once part of proud tribes of their native lands but when the demons struck they had to flee, or be consumed. The human villagers opened their hearts and homes to what remained of the poor orcs. Since the expansion of the worldwound the village now finds itself on its very border. One day the orcs of the village are corrupted by the demons and starts killing their human neighbours.

The humans barricade themselves inside their homes in an attempts to save themselves from their attackers. When the player arrives in the village it's in full riot. You kill some demon corrupted orc looters and eventually reach Blakemoors manor where he is hold-up with his beautiful wife. Blakemoor have put magic enchantments around the house so as to hinder the orc looters to burn it up. There is also a small town fortress where a lot of humans have taken refuge.

The player is asked by Blakemoor to clear the village of demon corrupted orc looters, which he does. He also finds the answer as to why the orc population was corrupted by the demons while the humans wasn't.

(In the early days of the demonized orc uprising a weak human called Zep helped the orcs get the upper hand by being naive. For this the orcs rewarded him by skinning him alive and then eat him.)

After the quest is done a jarred Blakemoor leave the region never to return. He aims to settle in the Australia of Golarion (Sarusan?).

Last edited:

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you don't approve of my suggestion I would like you to at least keep the idea of making the Blakemoor quest analogous to Cleves first hand experiences of the LA uprisings. Blakemoor protecting himself and his beautiful wife from hideous creatures of the dark.

I'm also very fond of the idea that Blakemoor becomes jarred from what he has seen and later settles in the faraway continent of Sarusan.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I've just sent some potato. We have reached 90%, folks!

fh-EXf-Xo-Kmxfv-G.gif

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Upped my pledge to 40 USD.

If we nearly got the Goal I might be inclined to put another bit up to the Beta tier (99 USD)

From the main fund raising post.

Git to it Codex.

:desu:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Son, I am afraid you have got some reading to do. And then some.
Says I don't have permission to view that. I wish I knew the codex secrets

Somebody asked why Sir-Tech went bankrupt. Cleve Mark Blakemore, crackerjack programmer and renowned codexer, responded and told a rather unusual tale. A tale about entrusting Wizardry series to an unknown studio in Australia and that guy who tried to catch a blade-boomerang in Mad Max 2. Story of poor working conditions, lead designers grooming teenage runaways, penis monsters, homoerotic transsexual furries, big dildos poking back of your head in the bathroom, tracing art from gay magazines and general human incompetence. And how this traumatic experience insipired him to create the ultimate RPG blobber - Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar.
And nobody believed it, because Cleve is known from his colorful tales. That's the guy who claims he's a neanderthal. And the whole world is controlled by a race of evil hominids, called Melonheads, who look a bit like Patrick Stewart. And how during LA riots in 92 he used a mexican midget as a riot shield to fend off rookie latino gangsters.

Of course nobody believed Cleve. It couldn't be true.

Right?

Well, you have to donate 5 bucks to Codex to find out.

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Considering that his Australian tales all turned out to be - spoiler - true, considering that even his stories about living as a homeless person turned out to be true, considering that he actually build a real bunker in his backyard, considering that Grimoire eventually came out and was bredy gud, I have no doubts that his LA Riots story probably contains at least significant elements of truth. Hell, with his track record, we shouldn't be surprised if Cleve does indeed eventually turn out to be a fucking Neanderthal with titanium bones.

Cleve is some kind of weird larger than life figure for our age and is well deserving of being further immortalized via Codexian content in Pathfinder, so I am voting for that as well. Is this even a vote? Well, I am voting for it either way.

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I don't really know what's going on, I'm more confused than before, but it sounds exciting enough. Let's immortalize this guy in a Pathfinder game!

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
With demon invasion plot it will be easy to incorporate Cleve's LA riots exploits. Perfect opportunity.
Cleve is in-between bunkers in the middle of demon invasion. He uses jars of Turkey Mash and and an improvised imp-flail to fend off monsters. Hmmm... yeah, there's potential here.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
IMO we've trampled the Cleve thing into the ground. Something a little less hamfisted and tired would be good. Maybe scattered throughout the game world, you find pages from a summoning book. Maybe there are 6 or 7 in total, each one building up anticipation for what kind of amazing, wish-granting demon you summon. When you finally get them all, you can put them together and summon the Codex Demon, who ends up being massively disappointing and just complains about things.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If we can't have Grog the Troll, I want us to add Clevus.

He's old but he can beat anyone in hand-to-hand combat. Clevus is an incredibly mighty monk. He's trained and meditated all his life. Despite his age, many young challengers have been beaten by his superhuman strength. Many so called heroes have returned home, with their head hanging in shame. Even a dragon dared to challenge him. Alas, the poor dragon was slapped silly, and it is said that the dragon has gone mad. But now a new challenger has appeared, a barbarian named Zepos. He has issued his challenge in an unusual way. Zepos has announced it to the whole kingdom. As Clevus is a very proud man, he has officially accepted the challenge, even offering to pay the safe transportation of Zepos to his temple. It is said that this will be a fight for the ages. Who will emerge victorious?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I can say that the idea with quest reminiscent of Cleve's LA uprising is the most potent - as I see it of course.

Do you remember Clevelands written epic about his experiences during the LA uprisings where black rioters were on the hunt for whites? It's the best coverage of the event that I've ever read.

Strange, available only through VPN, otherwise "error 403".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom