Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

Max Damage

Savant
The NWN2 camera is an excellent litmus test separating whiners from actual CRPG players. The fact that NWN2 has a horrible camera is a meme and has no grounding in reality after the various patches Obsidian released. If it has a fault, it is that the default maximum zoom-out level is too low; there are instances where the game tricks itself (after zone transitions involving different elevation levels) into having a further, more pleasant zoomed-out view, but it reverts to the default maximum after any adjustment.
I don't care how much revisionism blind morons are prepared to repeat, it won't change the fact that NWN2's camera shits the bed if there's any obstruction or slope. Who are you trying to fool? Patches didn't fix the problem, fuck off. This is borderline scat fetish.

Crispy's Boyfriend

A quick and serious question from a newcomer here: who is Lilura and why does she have an entire thread dedicated to her, one with such a loaded title to boot?

vazha

Arcane
A quick and serious question from a newcomer here: who is Lilura and why does she have an entire thread dedicated to her, one with such a loaded title to boot?
An obnoxious tranny twat, pardon me french.
Really, one of the few things I find disagreeable with the codex is that this amoeba is not universally ridiculed, like Fluent and his ilk.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
This thread was split-out by a moderator because every time I self-cited, a rabble of butthurt mental midgets would go crazy, thereby derailing threads.

The mental midgets (such as Vazha) took that as a victory, thinking they had contained me. But I still self-cite in other threads, and I'm as prolific a poster as I ever was.

The butthurt is not only due to self-citation, but also stems from jealousy of my commentary, which I call "King". There is no monocled poster on the 'Dex that writes my commentary off: only the mental midgets do, but without supplying arguments (only personal attacks).

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I don't write your commentary off, Queen. I just think your autism has passed the fine line between lovable neckbeard and hostile basement kobold. Like when you attack porting old games, like Fallout, on newer engines, because "its not the original". And then post about how you play them on old CRT monitors with a ball track mouse. Don't get me wrong, some autism is of course compulsory, and normies are like too little coffee with too much water. But you are like eating coffee out of the can. Maybe tone it down a bit.

Curratum

I gave you a "not bad", because I can't argue with sensible, informative writing, no matter how much autism it exudes on the side.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
That's ok. Because it's not meant to be that type of commentary. I don't care about regulars so much as views.

You don't gain raw Google authority by having a following F5'ing/bookmarking your site, or shilly backlinks. You gain it through unique views that stem from keywords typed into Google.

In other words, your reference material is useful to a lot of people. Opinions are not useful, facts are.

Max Damage

Savant
I rated "Not bad", I didn't read every single post, but she advices to take Whirlwind Attack on fighter, and take TWF before Finesse on DEX rogue in "Character creation, best builds" for ToEE, no Improved Initiative for casters too :lol:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
she advices to take Whirlwind Attack on fighter, and take TWF before Finesse on DEX rogue in "Character creation, best builds"

Initiative is given importance in the retrospective.

Nothing wrong with Whirlwind at all. wtf?

Also, Rogues can't take Weapon Finesse at first level. Apologize.

Last edited:

overly excitable young man

A blog? I'm glad that you found a new hobby.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crispy's Boyfriend

I'm slowly but surely reading the various older posts in this thread, as well as several others. Didn't you quit the Codex several times already?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I watch a lot of retro console and pc gaming and some is a tad ridiculous. CRT monitors have their place for light guns, pens, and such since current screens just operate with them. Hell, if I had the $$$ and time I'd have a room dedicated to just light gun / etc on the biggest CRT i could manage to purchase. (Until tech changes and they get a workaround or reimagine those games (perhaps via VR). [now a real trackball or knobs like in tron for their respective games are pretty awesome]

TRACK BALL MOUSE!!?!? Fuck that. I spent way too much time cleaning those fucktard devices and not playing. I use a few versions of logitech laser (wireless mice) and that's fine. I don't need some gamer mouse with 20+ buttons (can't say i've tried one but they look awful to use).

I have extreme tinnitus so sound will never sound as pure to me as purists who listen via various cables in their stereo vs soundbars. And scanlibes? Meh.... It really depends on the game.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Didn't you quit the Codex several times already?

Nope. I walked away once in a low-key manner for 2 or 3 months (came back for BG3 announcement). Then, I joked that I quit a few pages back, causing the mental midgets to engage in premature celebrations ("hook, line and sinker"). Then, I had two weeks off and people kept bumping this thread.

It's possible I may leave again for an interval, or quit at a moment's notice and never return, though I don't see how that's any business of yours.

You're just a nufag or a butthurt alt, afterall.

Crispy's Boyfriend

Didn't you quit the Codex several times already?

Nope. I walked away once in a low-key manner for 2 or 3 months (came back for BG3 announcement). I joked that I quit a few pages back, causing the mental midgets to engage in premature celebrations ("hook, line and sinker"). Then, I had two weeks off and people kept bumping this thread.

It's possible I may leave again for an interval, or quit at a moment's notice and never return, though I don't see how that's any business of yours.

It's not, but mental gymnastics are a sport discipline I very much enjoy, and you seem to be a gold medallist.

Dramart

Learned
The blog is ok. It has a lot information about classes, and weapons, and armor. It also has a Baldur's Gate 2 walkthrough which is incomplete it's a shame, a big shame IMO. It has useful tips and info but it lacks of soul. It's better than "not bad" but not good enough to love it. Some parts are king content others are pleb content.

Max Damage

Savant
Nothing wrong with Whirlwind at all, besides it being colossal waste of feats and levels. You can't take Finesse without BAB 1, yes, but why would you take TWF so early? It tanks your attack rolls, you don't have buffs/feats/enchantments to really benefit from that extra attack much, all it does at lvl 3 is lower your accuracy and DPR.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It also has a Baldur's Gate 2 walkthrough which is incomplete it's a shame, a big shame IMO.

I shouldn't have written any walkthroughs in the first place. They are a monumental waste of time. I wrote that sort of stuff back when it was a "Dear Diary blog". Pro-tip write-ups and retrospectives are where it's at: fewer words but more thinking required. And people don't have trouble with quests so much as they do with rulesets, stats and systems. That's what people want guidance on.

It's better than "not bad" but not good enough to love it. Some parts are king content others are pleb content.

Pleb content is covering Skyrim, Fallout 4 or AAA popamole no.751.

Nothing wrong with Whirlwind at all, besides it being colossal waste of feats and levels.

It's not when Great Cleave erroneously stacks with Whirlwind. lololol Lilura takes advantage of bugs and glitches lolololol. Yep, I do sometimes. In this case, it's fun. The build wrecks house.

You can't take Finesse without BAB 1, yes, but why would you take TWF so early?

Feat-light build and that feat's needed to set the rest up. It's still viable. Also, never claimed any of those builds to be optimal, au contraire. Flavor and fun. Basic builds. If people want to modify build, go ahead. You're nitpicking a build that never claimed optimum.

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I like the Blog because it gives me something to read while I am on my yearly playthrough of the BG/IWD series and numerous times I learned something new or tried out some new build/playstyle I usually dont go for.

Max Damage

Savant
Whirlwind takes full action, so gratz on winning nothing, I guess? You sure showed those goblins. And Finesse-TWF-TWD-ITWF is the polar opposite of feat light, in fact, it leaves no space to take any more feats for non-human rogues. If these were meant to be "just for fun" builds, then you probably shouldn't start with recommending Good/Law crafter Cleric right out of the gate, and scratch the "Best builds" part. This aside, and some other moments, your ToEE writeup is nice.

Last edited:

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'd love to rate it as "pretty influential", but I don't know of any influence it's had beyond codex, and even here most of the butthurt comes from your shitposting, not your blog entries.

I'll think on it, but it gave me a lot of pleasure when I was working at an office. It's good stuff.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom