Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Low Magic Age: OGL Of The East - now available on Early Access

hellbent

Augur
58KPxYq.jpg

If the devs can get modding opened up for creating user-made modules, this game will get even better. It's pretty fun as is, but getting some quality hand-created maps / encounters and either classic D&D module adaptations or new original content added would be very welcome.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Saw this game on GOG and sounds interesting. But how this game is on GOG and Knights of the Chalice don’t?

Sacibengala

Prophet

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Saw this game on GOG and sounds interesting. But how this game is on GOG and Knights of the Chalice don’t?

KOTC could have been on GOG years ago: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...gue-creator-of-knights-of-the-chalice.122956/
Thanks! Not GOG’s fault this time, I believe. But steam now accepted his other game? Because the game is on steam now, right?

Steam accepts everything, that's been the case for a couple of years now. You just need to pay them $100.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
KOTC guy is principled! He wont bend over and he aint takin no shit from nobody! And sadly he also aint takin no money from nobody.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
KOTC guy is principled! He wont bend over and he aint takin no shit from nobody! And sadly he also aint takin no money from nobody.
I think he has seen the light. KOTC page is up on Steam and KOTC2 will get a Kickstarter campaign.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Wow that's pretty amazing. Glad to see it coming to Steam finally, but making the bulk of the game and THEN doing a Kickstarter is what I think most people should do (if possible). It is far more likely to succeed and get a decent budget if people can actually see a product that is desirable. I'll buy KOTC2 on day 1 and I don't do that with any other game these days.

Voids

Augur
58KPxYq.jpg

If the devs can get modding opened up for creating user-made modules, this game will get even better. It's pretty fun as is, but getting some quality hand-created maps / encounters and either classic D&D module adaptations or new original content added would be very welcome.

This game will definitely take off once it's opened up to user made modules. The base game is playable and fun, and can definitely act as a fun sandbox setting, especially with the underlying implemented ruleset. Sorta NWN-esque.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I just started this game. Seems good but it is slow as balls. I am doing battle after battle with my same low level party and spells, and every battle is 1 shotting a few noob enemies. It seems grindy in other words. It seems you can play some sandbox mode and increase the speed of the xp and stuff, but I will continue with the Adventure Mode and see how it goes. If I don't see some progress in terms of new spell soon, I will rage quit and try the Arena. But I'll give it a chance. The world map seems not very interesting but it is ok, and it is setting up regular fights. I just want the fights to become tougher and more high level but hopefully that will happen soon.

So far it seems much more "sandbox" ish, not like KOTC which was a finely tuned adventure with tough battles that you have to figure out how to beat. I would prefer that, but this might be more fun if you can be high level and travel around fighting tough stuff and capturing villages.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
So far magic has been pretty useful. The direct damage spell is a bit weak but I'm only level 3 or something, but I also have the sleep spell which is really good.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:negative:
Fuck,researching is a nightmare. You could do only one research at time and you get 50/50 chance of getting dragged in to retarded fight. Those rest interruptions shouldn't have been made possible in the city,it is pointless waste of time and forces save scumming. I would ratter waste 30 seconds in save scumming that 10 minutes in a pointless battle that haves only negatives.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
This game is great so far, lots of fun. Combat like KOTC but in a sandbox world like TOME or whatever. Summoner is great, at least at low level, the pet is really strong and can tank all day and the enemies focus it too. It also does decent damage. I have a guardian, healer, rogue, elementalist, summoner, and controller. All are useful and seem balanced. Music and presentation is a lot better than I expected.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I'm bored already. Got to level 5, it just seems like a procedurally generated game. There is nothing interesting about it, you click around a big map full of icons, each place has a little area with a bunch of enemies, you use some spells, hack stuff, it dies or you reload. Boring as fuck. Endless battles that are all the same. I was kinda curious if the higher levels would have more interesting combat but so far it is so boring that I don't even care.

Also SpeedHack doesn't work so the slow ass boring tedious battles have to play out bit by bit no matter what.

Last edited:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
It is on sale currently on GoG. Has this game improved any? I am really liking the screenshots, but the game needs to have depth otherwise like anvi, I will get bored!

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is on sale currently on GoG. Has this game improved any? I am really liking the screenshots, but the game needs to have depth otherwise like anvi, I will get bored!

Right. I enjoyed my time with it yonks ago, but absent a meaningful career/campaign mode... no thanks.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Feels to me it's worse, combat is really slow, either i didn't notice it before or they did something wrong, auto-scroll during enemy turn is quite slow, for example, it's just a couple of seconds but it gets old real quick.

Bara

Arcane
Price is increasing to $15 dollars after the latest sale ends on March 12.

Hello Adventurers,

First of all, thank you very much for your long-term support and help! Thank you for your feedback and suggestions that help us improve Low Magic Age!

As we said in the Early Access statement, we started the EA stage of LMA at a low price to thank players who have been supporting and caring about us since the prototype stage. As the game develops, the price will be progressively increased until the full release.

After the current discount event, we plan to increase the game price from 10 US dollars to 15 US dollars.

So consider this your last chance to buy it for $5!

Thanks again for your continuous support!

- AM
Low Magic Studios

Still one to three year estimate to a full release apparently.

Sacibengala

Prophet
How good is that right now? In comparison with games like Knights of the Chalice specifically. It is cheap right now, but I don't want another 2d bland game that I'll never play because it reminds me of something good of the past.

How good is that right now? In comparison with games like Knights of the Chalice specifically. It is cheap right now, but I don't want another 2d bland game that I'll never play because it reminds me of something good of the past.
there is no campaign or anything, you make a group of characters and wander around. I am hoping eventually the workshop (which it does have) will allow people to make full campaigns and modules, because the designer does seem to be adding a lot of content so that people might be able to actually do this.

But for the moment he has not organized this content into an actual game or story or campaign himself. I guess its like a wandering around with a DM rolling on a random monster generator and loot creator all the time. Although I have not played in awhile (7-8 months) so maybe it has more than I am aware of.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
It's fun if you treat it as a full-party D&D-based roguelike; because you'll essentially be rolling up a full party of adventurers, clearing out dungeons, collecting loot, gaining XP and leveling characters, doing minor quests and fighting monsters in turn-based combat. The game can be fun without a full campaign...just like playing a roguelike, the fun you get from it is going to be equal to what you expect out of it.

hellbent

Augur

It's a very good framework, and the devs keep adding to the system to flesh it out further. However, I'd agree that there is minimal campaign to be played at this time, and that can limit how long you'll want to play, depending on your tolerance for procedurally-created content. Once it's possible for module mods, the game will be great. For me, it was well worth the price I paid at GOG launch ($5 USD).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom