Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
No, sorry. I don't play current gen RPGs anymore, no matter how good they are. It's also out of my treatment range which is now exclusively Renaissance era (not Golden Age or current gen).

I've pretty much stopped playing modern day triple A games for a lot of reasons but I still think there's some good indie or double A games that come out from time to time. Seems a bit much to out right ignore them all but I guess there's enough old games to keep anyone entertained for ever.

Max Damage

Savant
Related to ToEE: today I discovered that Heighten Spell gives free Summon Nature's Ally casts if you spontaneously summon from Heightened spell. I summoned some dire bats instead of Heightened Entagle because my wizard won the initiative lottery and placed web first, Entagles didn't disappear from lvl 2 slots, so by the end of barracks fight in Moathouse I had 3 bats without scrolls, this is from druid of 3rd level, one that can't have more than 2 lvl 2 spells w/o scrolls. This never happened with Sorcerer, not sure if same applies to spontaneous Cure/Inflict Wound of Cleric. Yet another exploitable bug :)

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Have you played Blackguards?

No, sorry. I don't play current gen RPGs anymore, no matter how good they are. It's also out of my treatment range which is now exclusively Renaissance era (not Golden Age or current gen).

Aside from Renaissance focus and preservation of original version legacies (I'm the only one that cares about this so I auto-win), agenda of blog is to push combat connoisseur, system's coverage and technical coverage to forefront in direct opposition to storyfaggotry, which is a scourge on the genre.
That's the best agenda! Blackguards is good but it isn't as good as the older classics.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Lilura, I may be a "nufag" or whatever you might say about the fact that my account on this site is new, but holy smokes, you are so toxic and bitter, not to mention extremely arrogant. It's actually a bit disappointing considering that I have found your blog very useful in the past for Neverwinter Nights content. The way you act on this website turns me off from visiting your blog anymore, because you are acting so insufferable.

Follow up nufaggotry-- It also LARPs as a woman which is the WORST sin in my eyes. It writes like a very stereotypical fedora tippin' m'lady neckbeard male but LARPs as female here because... it will attract more interest?

You know 'Lilura' it ain't 1999 anymore. You don't have to play a Female Wood Elf in EQ while you rub your sweaty cheeto dust covered man-tits against the keyboard. You can just come out as a tranny now and you will get just as much attention & accolades in 2020. No need to keep this ruse up of being female during the Reign of Tranny Terror we are currently in. I can smell female LARPing males a mile away due to years of MMO interaction, you reek of it heavily.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I doubt it. It's nice to see some people unwittingly employing coins I've termed or made popular in a specific sphere, but I doubt I've changed anyone's opinions. Most 'Dexers are set in their ways just like I am.

Not true at all. You've convinced me to try jagged Alliance 2 one day. It's not at the top of my to play list but I'll get to it eventually, seeing as I like a lot of your top games(except toee, you'll never convince me off that).
Tell your friends and family to fuck off and turn off your phone. You only get your first time once.

I'm going in completely blind because I blindly trust you completely. Better not be a waste of 3 dollars or I'm going to be pissed.

Latro

Arcane
I doubt it. It's nice to see some people unwittingly employing coins I've termed or made popular in a specific sphere, but I doubt I've changed anyone's opinions. Most 'Dexers are set in their ways just like I am.

Not true at all. You've convinced me to try jagged Alliance 2 one day. It's not at the top of my to play list but I'll get to it eventually, seeing as I like a lot of your top games(except toee, you'll never convince me off that).
Tell your friends and family to fuck off and turn off your phone. You only get your first time once.

I'm going in completely blind because I blindly trust you completely.

be sure to get it working with Straccialeta, Lilura has a good beginner's guide on her site.

Latro

Arcane
be sure to get it working with Straccialeta, Lilura has a good beginner's guide on her site.

I will. Any other mods I should get? I don't play mods that change the game, only stuff like patches or resolution stuff.
nope, stracc. is the purest JA2 can get with all bugs fixed. after that, you can proceed into 1.13, which is the mega-mod everyone creams over.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Aside from Renaissance focus and preservation of original version legacies (I'm the only one that cares about this so I auto-win), agenda of blog is to push combat connoisseur, system's coverage and technical coverage to forefront in direct opposition to storyfaggotry, which is a scourge on the genre.
That's the best agenda!

Behead all storyfags, and mount their heads on pikes for crows to peck at.

Other beheadings I've called for:

behead1.jpg

behead2.jpg

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The reviled Electronic Arts were one of the few companies that took advantage of the Amigas's powers, like for instance in The Bard's Tale. Or was it thanks to Interplay?
aa0U4xo.png
se6sSbV.png

mvRvAie.png
kkbtqMF.png

DHBntK1.png
7YUV9m7.png

Electronic Arts became interested in the Amiga during the later stages of its development and did publish a number of software products for the Amiga in 1985 and 1986, but the most important of these was DeluxePaint --- the premier 2D drawing utility into the 1990s --- and EA also published several other notable pieces of 'creativity' software, such as Instant Music and DeluxeVideo. The Amiga games published by Electronic Arts consisted mostly of ports from 8-bit systems, and though the graphics were often greatly improved they weren't exactly stretching the limits of the Amiga. Slow sales of the original Amiga quickly led to Electronic Arts shifting its attentions to EGA PC-clones. Arcticfox, developed by Dynamix, might have been the only technically-innovative Amiga-original game where Electronic Arts served as the original publisher, though they were also apparently the European publisher for Interplay's best-selling game of all time:

SKm1UY7.png

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

That's the best agenda!

Behead all storyfags, and mount their heads on pikes for crows to peck at.

I would also like to include people obsessed with animation quality. Zomg teh animashinz r bad and dis is rly important! We are gonna need more crows.

Üstad

Arcane
If you didn't overestimate your blogs influence you would get less trolls but also less attention. I'm convinced you're doing it deliberately, it's not like you're too stupid to be unaware of it. The blog is decent and informative. It's just you like attention and drama.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I would also like to include people obsessed with animation quality.

You mean like lip-synced, gesturing 3d muppets in BG3? That is indeed grounds for a beheading.

I don't mind talking about 2d animations and sprites, though; f.e, the ones in Fallout, Jagged Alliance 2 and ToEE are great.

But of course, aesthetic discussion should never overshadow the likes of tactics, mechanics and power-gaming.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Yeah. I like experiencing swanky graphics sometimes. But it is just so unimportant compared to gameplay and it annoys me when companies spend more on graphics than is necessary and meanwhile gameplay gets nothing. I guess Dragon Age Inquisition is an example of that. If they could have built upon what Origins had, it might have been decent, but instead they just threw money at the graphics and the result is a beautiful piece of crap. It also annoys me when gamers expect that sort of quality from every game, so some little indie game comes along with some great ideas but crappy graphics and you get dummies complaining that it doesn't look as good as Witcher 3. Yeah no shit it had a team of 3 people and a budget of nothing. But it should be the gameplay and combat that matters. I'd still rather play KOTC than Skyrim.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
No need to be jealous of types, even you can learn to enjoy meaningful things like gameplay instead of superficial crap.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
No need to be jealous of types, even you can learn to enjoy meaningful things like gameplay instead of superficial crap.

There's more to a game than just combat, and everything not gameplay isn't just superficial. Lilura has inspired to make my own blog. My blog will be titled "Ontopoly, around the worlds" where I travel to different video game worlds and make a travel guide. It will focus on locations; specifically their lore, ambiance, atmosphere, and their beautiful views that spark imagination.

Also update on my ja2 play through. I had to restart because my main character died and I spent too much money.

Ninjerk

Arcane

There's more to a game than just combat, and everything not gameplay isn't just superficial. Lilura has inspired to make my own blog. My blog will be titled "Ontopoly, around the worlds" where I travel to different video game worlds and make a travel guide. It will focus on locations; specifically their lore, ambiance, atmosphere, and their beautiful views that spark imagination.

Also update on my ja2 play through. I had to restart because my main character died and I spent too much money.
As all JA2 first playthrough's should start!

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
everything not gameplay isn't just superficial
[citation needed]

Said this before but if all the storyfags fucked off to read a book or watch Guardians of the Galaxy or something, we might have a chance to get gaming back on track. Same goes for graphics whores. But it'll never happen now, too many generations have grown up knowing nothing but billion dollar graphicsy games with crap gameplay.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sorry. I'm too busy posting authoritative write-ups for the greatest games of all-time, such as Jagged Alliance 2. It's much better than the garbage you play. It's also much better than the garbage gunman shits out.

Your mix-up of sarcasm with trolling lost charm quite a long time ago. You are a representative of the new age of the codex. Maybe you once valued the games codex hold up at heart, but your bitterness transpires in every post you make. Try to make something useful with your life. And no, your blog is not something useful at all. I have played Baldur's Gate a hundred times, and every hardcore BG player will tell you that the only useful resources online are Gibberlings 3 and Spellhold Studios. And JA2 is not the greatest game of all-time. It's not the mechanics of a game that makes it great, it also have to be fun, stimulate imagination, touch a cord inside you like the music. I guess nobody touched a cord inside you for quite a long time.

no, this retard does not have an axe to grind. not at all.

Please contact Google, I searched for "ultimate authority on baldur's gate" and "baldur's gate authority" and your blog doesn't show up.

imbecile...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom