Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
#3: "Normal" mercenary playthrough with a selfish gunslinger. Always demand money, take jobs, hunt bounties, etc.
#3 of course is fine, very much in the how this was really intended to be played vein, but predictably very formulaic.

My first playthrough was with a cutthroat merc who did it all for the money. I figured it would work well in the corporate-ruled setting. I thought it ended up kind of bland though, as the game seemed obviously more designed around a "fighting the man" paradigm. My second playthrough was as the more typical Han Solo type pirate with a heart of gold, and that felt much more rewarding and in line with the game's priorities and story. That was one of the more annoying aspects of the game for me, the limitation, but to be fair it's very hard to make all styles feel "right" and even New Vegas failed at that with a half-baked Legion questline.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
^Conspicuous timing for that post: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/114260-the-outer-worlds-patch-13-release-notes/

Greetings fellow spacers,

The next time you launch The Outer Worlds, you should see Patch 1.3 ready for downloading and installing! The patch has been released for players across all platforms, and it is required in order to fix specific issues and apply any changes included. If you do not see this update right away, please know that it may take some time to populate and become available.

Changes/fixes that are included in this patch are as follows:

Top Community Requests:
  • Added a setting to adjust the size of text throughout most UIs
  • Updated font colors to improve visibility
  • Updated NPC corpses to remain interactive even when they have no items to loot
  • Added support for ultra-wide monitors (loading screens & cinematics)
  • Added the ability to toggle sprinting so the player can continue moving without holding any buttons
  • Added functionality to see beacons for inactive quests while viewing maps
  • Added an option to show the HUD reticle only when aiming down weapon sights
Audio:
  • Fixed an audio inconsistency with skill button presses
Design:
  • Fixed an issue where the Extra Paranoid flaw debuff could become permanent after fast-travelling out of a restricted area
  • Improved the quality of item drops when killing Manti-Queens
  • Fixed an issue where corpses would consume Adreno from their inventories
  • Increased the rate of casual clothing items dropping in containers and in townie NPC inventories
  • Fixed an issue with some SuperNova effects being removed when entering conversations
  • Fixed the effects of Encumbrance not working correctly with the Confidence Perk
  • Fixed an issue where the player could become immune to melee damage after dodging through Raptidon spit
  • Fixed the Level 40 Inspiration unlock not working correctly after level transitions
  • Fixed an issue that caused players suffering from Hunger, Thirst, or Exhaustion to die instantly when using the Electro-Charged Surface armor mod and equipping a melee weapon
Quests:
  • Fixed an issue where players could not speak to ADA if they neared the end of the game without any companions
Settings:
  • Added a setting to invert the X-axis
UI:
  • Fixed an issue that could cause players to be permanently stuck in the Modding UI at a workbench
  • Locked doors will now show the name of the corresponding keycard if the player doesn't have the skill or mag-picks required to pick the lock
  • Fixed the player's level being incorrect in the Vendor UI
  • Fixed an issue where gamepad users could become permanently stuck in the inventory menu
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the image of the player to briefly disappear from the inventory screen
  • Fixed formatting issue with colons in French localization
  • Fixed the AoE Radius stat on flamethrowers displaying as 0
  • Fixed an issue with Japanese and Chinese characters not displaying correctly when the language is set to Korean
  • Fixed an issue with nonfunctional UI prompts when modding items with a single mod slot
  • Fixed an issue in the Japanese localization of Vending Machine text
  • Fixed an issue when trying to break down items directly from containers
  • Added an option to trigger the Idle Camera from the Pause Menu
  • Fixed the Chromatic Aberration setting not saving
  • Fixed Adreno not auto-equipping in the Medical Inhaler correctly if the player was completely out
  • Fixed the tutorial for the Emergency Medical Inhaler repeatedly being marked as Unread
General:
  • Fixed a rare crash when starting a new game
  • Fixed a potential crash after using all of your Adreno and picking up more
  • Fixed an issue causing duplicate stacks of Adreno to persist in the inventory
  • Fixed a rare crash when transitioning between levels
  • Fixed an issue where certain delayed events could occur in a new playthrough after being triggered in a previous playthrough
  • Fixed a rare crash when opening the Inventory
  • Fixed an issue where players would be instantly killed when fast travelling off of a ladder
To continue to report issues you come across and to share suggestions for the game, please visit the Technical Support forums for The Outer Worlds and search to see if a fellow player has already made a thread about it to help reduce duplicate threads. If you find a thread that matches your issue or suggestion, then please feel free to leave a comment and include any details you would like to share.

If you are not able to find a similar thread, then please share it with us on our forums and then visit our publishing partner, Private Division, and share this issue with them through their support website. This will help ensure that your specific issue or suggestion is in their queue and will allow us to prioritize requests to provide the fastest possible turnaround time.

Thank you all for being so awesome, and have fun continuing you exploration through the Halcyon Colony!

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
From Noah Caldwell-Gervais:

I still watching but so far , the tldr of this video, it's how the game lacked ambition that he hoped and how the combat-loot gameplay don't work well with the best part of game , the dialogue. He likes the naratives but points several flaws (Monarch , A/B/C scheme instead of a more open ended). Also he comments how the game being so easy hurts the replayability.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
She still needs to cover her forehead.

Updated NPC corpses to remain interactive even when they have no items to loot

For what purpose???

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1EceyMd.jpg

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Holy shit do they have like one dude working on this. It's gonna be half a year from launch soon and still nothing of importance came out.

Shows you how polished the game was at least, hree major patches there's barely any fixes in.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
From Noah Caldwell-Gervais:

Still watching, my impression is the guy throws some valid points but basically it's all about failed expectations (as always).

I have never seem a guy that manages to say so many words and end up telling you absolutely nothing of value. I watched 15ish minutes of that drivel and ended it when the guy said that the writing is good.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Close to half a year and not a single dlc, shows how successful the game was. :smug:

Calling it now, much like Pillars, DLCs for TOW will be much better than the base game and no one will buy them.

I have read the news today that Control DLC will be out at 26 March and kinda thought: "Who will need it more than a half year after realese?"

One big thing in common with TOW here - both games are Epic exclusives (probably under-performed there too) that come to Steam only a year later. Could be a pattern here.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
noah is great. i love his style and he's good people
I am amazed at his skill to talk for an hour and say nothing of value. I am a bit envious of such people. If i write a book it will 150-200 pages of to the point story,while people like him will make it in to a seven books saga and each having 1000 pages.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Holy shit do they have like one dude working on this. It's gonna be half a year from launch soon and still nothing of importance came out.

Shows you how polished the game was at least, hree major patches there's barely any fixes in.
Why maintain a game nobody plays?
So it could get a remake next year and resell it yet again!

sNdZWUa.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well old biowaste did invent the wheel actually......the dialogue wheel
Well, Larian trying to invent dialogues where one side is talking and another only role-play talking, indirectly.
Almost made me appreciate the wheel. Almost.
Well larian did make me appreciate the enchanted editions and beamdog shenanigans. Honestly even the dialogue wheel is better than the larian melodramatic theatre(bad one at that) like monologues. Even with the wheel you could still understand what are you going to say and did let you explore different information options.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well larian did make me appreciate the enchanted editions and beamdog shenanigans. Honestly even the dialogue wheel is better than the larian melodramatic theatre(bad one at that) like monologues. Even with the wheel you could still understand what are you going to say and did let you explore different information options.
It definitely made me appreciate first PoE and smothered my hate for Deadfire to vague dislike.
I hope I would never hit a depths of despair deep enough to appreciate TOW.

PS I've almost forgiven Beamdog long time ago, since I've got decently moddable interface, properly scaling to QHD and 4k out of their BG-milking enterprise. And I can fix their other crimes against a good taste and design with mods.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom