Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'd call Swen a master troll if he makes the Illithid villain go into long, epic monologues and rants to you with full voice acting and all the works... but because he has those tentacles getting in the way constantly his speech is always garbled and incoherent.

"RararaRAARARARAraaa?! RA! Grgahgablahugragragra!"

Sarevok/Jon Irenicus would be replaced immediately.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Are you saying that with a little bit of luck coronachan could save us the pain of playing this shit?!
Hopefully it does - but only those who can't really shut the fuck up about their butthurt regarding Larian, TB or whatever.
So, is this game out yet?
Apparently it's on the moon
At this point in time the game only exists in Swen's mind and my nightmares.
Are you saying that with a little bit of luck coronachan could save us the pain of playing this shit?!
With the power of God and Anime, I grant you the ability of not playing this game

Good point.
NJClaw Could you grant him some corona to shut the fuck up too?
Have no problem with that shit lol. I am young and strong,old man watch out for your lungs ;). If you can't cope with rtwp it only means that you are long past your prime and you should live in a bunker till the flu passes over. I on the other hand do intend to go out for a walk in the park and donate some money to the church :smug:.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
RTwP has pause, you can "cope with it" even if you are 103.
Said the 28ish young strapping fag while playing the violin in the morgue,say that shit when you become as old and decrepit as our dragonboy here. If that was true,then we wouldn't have seen so many butthurt tb fags lol.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I have played a Monk twice in my entire life. The first time was when I played NWN1 as a kid, I found it boring even then but I liked the variety of animations it came with. The second time was an Air Genasi Monk/Fighter/Rogue/Shadowdancer in NWN2, it was ok both mechanically and as a concept build. I wouldn't do it again, though.

Elex

Arbiter
5e monks are stun machine, very few enemy are immune to stun.
In BG3 with all the mobility of a monk in addition of the extra mobility all characters have it means that a monk can reach any enemy in a turn and stun lock them.

Elex

Arbiter
https://venturebeat.com/2020/03/10/baldurs-gate-iii-goblins-are-friends-not-fodder/
descent into avernus is indeed a prequel:
Do you know Descent into Avernus? It’s very strongly linked to our story. You’ve met the tieflings very briefly. Those tieflings have fled from [the city of] Elturel, and we take the canonical ending for Descent into Avernus that Elturel was saved. It was taken to Avernus, and it’s now been returned to Faerûn. But the tieflings have been blamed by a lot of people. A lot of people turn around and say, “This terrible thing happened. These people look like devils. They have devil blood.”

They drove them out of the cities. There’s a huge refugee train of tieflings traveling west from Elturel, and they’re mostly trying to get to Baldur’s Gate. That’s our link immediately there, but the events that happened in Descent into Avernus are going to come back and haunt people again and again. Some of the origins stories … you didn’t see every origin today. You saw five of them. Some of them in more depth than others. But there are more that are coming, and some of them have stronger links to Descent into Avernus as well, and some of them have stronger links to the Hells.

Yeah, Descent is before us. We’re not too long afterwards. We do have an exact figure on it. But it’s very recent history. We’re in 1492, Dale Reckoning. The events there — if we spent more time in the druid’s grove [in the demo] where the tieflings are currently hiding out, as you speak to them, a lot of them have a lot to say about what happened. It’s something that happened very recently to them. It’s a very traumatic incident, obviously. They’re very seriously affected by it. You get into some of the more intense world-building there. We’re looking at the events in a very serious way.

Indranys

Savant
I hope I get to keep the tadpole but I hate that I live in a world where it's even a choice to kill such a sacred life.
Cease your incessant faggotry this instant man!
Your life worshipping disease should be stopped at once, for it is much more foul and dangerous than a certain mental retardation that make people want to romance fucking elves goddamit.

Look, I'm trying to help you from this life loving foolishness man, but the final shot is still yours though.
If you really want to be healed, I recommend you to immediately isolate yourself in a dingy room filled only with the works of Schopenhauer, Leopardi, Pessoa, Saltus, von Hartmann and Zapffe at the very least, or if you're rather popamole, then Ligotti and even Eugene fucking Thacker are ok too.
Lock yourself and read their illuminating works until your eyes bleed and your mind filled with intense hatred to the one and only true enemy that matters: the Will to Live (with its countless names) and its myriad manifestations.

Do that and your common sense will see life as it really is: the greatest decline and the ultimate scam of them all.
Plus you might finally understand that along with life worshipping madness, there's nothing more disgusting than elves fucking debauchery and the act of sodomy.

In the end, the choice is yours, but at the very least, for your own good, heed these ancient words of wisdom man, zip your pants and repeat after me:
I am, therefore I suffer.
Life is suffering.
All life is evil.
Nonexistence is always preferable than any forms of existence.

There is no redemption.
True liberation only comes from total annihilation.
Thus the Will must be denied.
There is no mercy for elven faggots and their buttfucking lovers.

On topic:
Fuck Larian.
No amount of TB goodness can redeem their godawful writing, shitty jokes, tasteless 3D graphix, naruto tier animations and speshul effects, plus their general faggotry.

J1M

Arcane
Many of us genuinely prefer a more grounded campaign with a reasonable story, than a "dunce to demigod" game where you start off fighting goblins but the endboss is an ancient god. Its not so much about the gameplay as the kind of story that fits a 1-10 game than a 1-20 game. It's of course possible to write a campaign where the constantly raised stakes makes sense, but it would have to be the entire focus of the game to work well, and really limit what kind of story elements fit.

High level D&D can be really fun, but it's going to be even more fun as a dedicated 11-20 game than as the probably rushed second half of a 1-20 game.

I'm not disagreeing that a 5e 1-10 campaign can be fun! I'm against Larian doing what already is being done by another game in development (Solasta), so I anticipate something different with Larian's amount of resources. I'm also not arguing for a 1-20 campaign! The milestones that are offered to classes at 13-15 is a better cut off for there to be meaningful and fun character progression with all classes for the presumable and expected (contra Solasta) scale of the game. There are no ancient god end boss at this stage and neither are you some demigod. The experience and story you have during 1-10 does not magically disappear if there are 3 to 5 more levels after it.

Waiting 5 years to have a continuation of the story presented in BG3 does not interest me. For all we know, there could be fuck all of a sequel due to whatever reason.
Make it a 1 to 14 campaign and have the story of BG3 end there. If they want to make another game in the series they could then do a 5 to 20 (or whatever) campaign with a totally new start and story (as they've done with Divinity games).

At this point in development, the level 10 cap is what they're "planning". We'll see what happens.
Or maybe we could get a turn-based D&D game more than once every 20 years.

DeepOcean

Arcane
The amount of times I masturbate count as my APM? If yes, then I understand why some posters think they are at starcraft korean pro levels.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Unlike coronavirus, exposure to BG3 is completely voluntary.
If you don't want it I would start by leaving this thread.

You're totally missing the point in a true imbecilic fashion that is your hallmark.

If I don't want it does it mean I cannot express my distaste about it? Let alone, what a shocker (!), on a forum with its sole purpose to be a vessel where people speak their mind?

Fuck off simpleton!
Go get a special dispense from Infinitron and start a thoroughly moderated thread where only praise about BG3 is allowed and where Larian arrogant faggots and apologists get their dick sucked in a circle and where then afterwards everybody pats each other backs for a job well done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom