Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you're going to push girl power couldn't you put the cute elf girl front and center and not Michael Jackson's wayward cousin.
It's really hard right now to spell out any sort-of intention that way. I mean... a "female" in the foreground, 2 males behind her and 1 female in the background is pretty balanced.

In my opinion, they have a lot bigger issues right now than political genre war related shenanigans.

Better than any poster will be the classic word-of-mouth during Early Access.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
BioWare made a good attempt to sabotage Edwin though. The BG2 portraits are tragic.

Eh, still looks fine to me. Minsc looks fine, Imoen was an improvement, Jaheira and Viconia are also more iconic with their model-makeovers.

Generic-Giant-Spider

The BG2 portraits I liked:

Viconia
Keldorn
Korgan
Jan
Imoen

IWD had the best selection of portraits though.

eyN8eoO6TzUnLXJLJlaQjFIU6Z8Qz508B_RozyDEzpvYOslCw1wSt9A3tJTKPr1P68hGcwMzpoceFrzC8imsVss0ofxh8VY_AmXryJvrogou6yCsJMimEQ

latest

f22345022c2ead8ab8be36da2b088283--fantasy-armor-character-portraits.jpg

Are the immediate ones that come to mind. Especially the first one. Oh baby.

Edit: Apparently the first image stopped loading but it was the "Human Female Mage" portrait from IWD. The one in black, pale complexion and BIG JUGS. God bless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadenuat

Arcane
"The boring answer is that it was just really good writing"
ohgawd come on. come on, person who supposed be writer *kicks larian writer* say something fuck. ugh here, i do this for you:

"bg 1 had writing like you played d&d session with your teenage friends and bg2 had irenicus"

this is not hard to come up with something about game you supposedly played and now writing 3d part

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Viconia's was the only improvement IMO. Edwin looks goofy, Minsc looks uglier than he did in BG1, Imoen looks too childish, and Jaheira looks like a fish.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Still, Larian's Gith design looks a lot less ugly than the official one. Apparently WOTC gives them a lot of freedom when it comes to art. Which makes me wonder what their Dragonborn or Gnomes look like.

Last edited:

Tao

Savant
I thought they changed it so people dont mistake it for a D:OS2 dlc

divinity-original-sin-2---definitive-edition-cover.cover_large.jpg

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Still, Larian's Gith design looks a lot less ugly than the official one. Apparently WOTC gives them a lot of freedom when it comes to art. Which makes me wonder what their Dragonborn or Gnomes look like.
Probably would be fewer fanboys interested in romancing that character, if her design were similar to Jeff Easley's classic cover for Tales of the Outer Planes:

17055.jpg

Yosharian

Arcane
For some reason they have changed key art on Steam.

Before:

FQku8AF.jpg

After:

ELWf0a8.jpg

That Warlock guy who was not shown at the PAX demo is removed. They said he will be available at EA.
thinking.png
Can't we have at least ONE hottie? Jeez

So my options are a girl wearing ten layers of foundation and a bowl haircut, or a person missing half their face. Thanks a bunch Larian

Generic-Giant-Spider

Shadowheart doesn't really have a bowlcut, more like fringe bangs but her hair is tied back so it makes it look awkward especially from that angle.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Do they really have to put that yellow girl at the center stage of the promo material? Looking at her gives me the shivers.

What do you mean you get the shivers?
You want to tell me they "raped" the lore and carved that beautiful nose on her for nothing?

Just say thank you to Larian and appreciate what you get.
Because they clearly made that character more fuckable and now every Lardtard can put their virtual dick in with more ease.

Otherwise you would've got something like this:

latest

Wth are you talking about? That is vastly more fucksble.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
"The boring answer is that it was just really good writing"
ohgawd come on. come on, person who supposed be writer *kicks larian writer* say something fuck. ugh here, i do this for you:

"bg 1 had writing like you played d&d session with your teenage friends and bg2 had irenicus"

this is not hard to come up with something about game you supposedly played and now writing 3d part
I thought we established that Larian devs neither played or liked BG a while ago, what do you expect?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Am not sure I'll stop laughing at her name long enough to have sex though.
Then you'd just start laughing at her hairdo.

Shadowheart's hairstyle actually looks like something from this mod (collection was ported to many games):
750-1-1267553680.jpg

Last edited:

Saerain

Augur
Patron
You think so? Those are very Japanese styles while this is just your typical a fringed bob.

Elex

Arbiter
That has to be bullshit, right? How would it even be realistic or possible for an adventuring party to not come across enemies who refuse to negotiate, or just some plain regular wild animals? And what about random encounters?
Wild animals?
this is why animal handling skill exist.
Also druid and rangers spells.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom