Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you play more female characters or male ones, and why?

Tehdagah

Arcane
So far I only liked playing as a female protagonist in Resident Evil series, where I prefer it. Much to my dismay, latest games in the series not only getting more action-y, but also feature dumb and shallow male protagonists like Chris and Leon, while I'd like Jill and Claire all the way. In the rest of games I only play as a male character. Couldnt force myself to female playthrough in ME even after 3 attempts.

Ada Wong is sexy as hell. Kick zombie's ass in highslit cheongsam? Fuck yeah.
Claire is better

tumblr_ln0z878q9J1qblpoko1_400.gif

Deleted member 7219

Usually male on the first run, except for Mass Effect. When I first played Mass Effect I played the male Paragon, then my save got wiped so I had to start again. For some reason I picked female and started being a real bitch. And I fell in love with the voice. Subsequently for ME2 and ME3 I always imported that female character for the first playthrough. Dragon Age II also had a cool voice actress for FemHawke.

In Fallout 1, 2 and NV it really doesn't matter what sex you pick, since your character doesn't have a voice actor anyway, and as others have mentioned, the points of view make character art not very important. The female character models in Jade Empire are very pleasing on the eye, but I usually end up making a male character because I don't want that annoying guy, whatshisface, hitting on me. Can't remember if there's an option to tell him to fuck off right away but next time I play a girl I'll try that.

In MMOs I always play male, because I find guys who play females in online games to be very, very creepy and I don't want to be one of them.

laclongquan

Arcane
I played little of MMOs, but the few I do, female figures all the way. Since I interacted little with other, it's no skin of my nose.

Oh yeah, White Bikini Amazon figure all the way. If you play City of Heroes and you see a big hulking female in white bikini running around, that's probably me. 40DD should do the trick.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Ooooh, a very VERY deep pit!"

tumblr_ln0z878q9J1qblpoko1_400.gif

Indeed, :smug: Same here Men when epic beards are available, when Men are Animu metros I take Womyn instead. in Fallouts it is good to play both as there is extra content to both sides. Like in Arcanum Male Dwarf enginseer and female Elf or Half Elven Mage/diplomat. Am I alone cringing hearing Mark Meer voice? Jenifer Haile was much better but I took Male Shepard anyway to bang Miranda. :smug:

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I play male characters in first person.

Female in third person, as smaller characters usually have a smaller hitbox, and also they are nicer to stare at.

Lykurgos

Novice
As a male - in a game with a party, I'll always include a mix of male and female characters. In a game with just one character, I'll always pick a male character. Difference is between playing as a guiding spirit/overlord of the party versus the person in being of the single character. I just don't feel right being the female character, which I think means I am at least trying if not always succeeding to suspend disbelief a bit and live vicariously in the virtual world.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
In RPGs I usually play female rogues. Dual wield dagger chick assassins, basically. I'm not gonna lie, part of that is because I think it's a sexy concept. Another reason is because most games that make you play a specific character have you play a dude, so it adds variety.

In replays I tend to mix it up with mages and warriors. I never play female fighters or tanks though, and think that's a stupid concept largely. You can do female tanks okay, like Game of Thrones did, but most videogames make them hot waifus in plate armor with a bastard sword, like Pathfinder Kingmaker, and it's dumb.

catfood

AGAIN
In party based games I always make a male-only party because wymyn don't belong on the battlefield.

In first person games I always make a male character because I'm not a tranny.

In third person games I always make a female character because staring at a guy's ass is gay a.f.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'd love to play a historical RPG where playing a female character was the hard mode.

I'm trying to think of games where this is the case. The only one that comes to mind is Kenshi where the Holy Nation won't take bounties from female PCs.

Last edited:

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
seems to me like most of the male gamers who always play women are well on their way to being trannies IRL. Yes, trannies with girlfriends even, because thats a thing now apparently; you identify as a woman and conveniently you're a lesbian woman so you, a newly minted "woman" can keep shoving your dick in vagina, and peeing standing up, and this doesn't cause any cognitive dissonance. Or something like that.

Falksi

Arcane
Most the time I create a female redhead & name her Tyris, after the Golden Axe slag. Especially if there's lesbian romances available, and it's 3rd person.

The only time I'll create a male is if it's 1st person, and you have to be male to fuck the bitches in the game.

Dragon Age 1-3, Mass Effect 1-3, Dragon's Dogma, Divinity 2:TDKS, Kingdoms of Amalur etc. All saw Tyris turn up & conquer.

Last edited:

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
seems to me like most of the male gamers who always play women are well on their way to being trannies IRL
Let me guess - you always play games as fat basement dweller, die in first encounter and uninstall the game?

I'm a married man and soon to be father. On the other hand, you, anime girl avatar, personally sensitive to the suggestion that men who spend large amounts of time fantasizing about themselves as women are secretly wishing to be women IRL.... Just how far into the process are you pal, wigs and stealing your sister's makeup, or full blown e-begging for cock mutilation money?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom