Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you select all of the DLCs, you get an 81% reduction, so I'll just get them all because it would be more expensive to get only 2 lol.
I'd recommend doing so, though be aware that most of them are just cosmetic.
Yeah, I know, but only the content packs are more expensive than all of them + the cosmetics, so I lose nothing.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Big spring sale on, with a couple of build your own bundle type things based on publishers. I'm picking up a bunch of old stuff from before my time, like Ultima Underworld and HoMM3; costs relative pennies.

Though in contrast it's kinda funny, almost ridiculous?, to see Blade Runner on sale for 9% off and Diablo 1 at 14% off though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Can afford Submarine Titans only, already massive discount.
Shouldn't buy so many toilet papers so I could afford more stuff on sale...

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
That's because both aren't available anywhere else. I think.

Yeah I realise, just a bit sad the rights holders weren't even willing to cut down to clean numbers — unless this is CDprojekt blue's call? Activision wouldn't surprise, GOG would.

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Are Darkness over Daggerford EE and Tyrants of the Moonshea EE worth it?
I haven't played the original Darkness over Daggerford btw

Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are Darkness over Daggerford EE and Tyrants of the Moonshea EE worth it?
I haven't played the original Darkness over Daggerford btw

Short comment - I remember playing Tyrants of the Moonsea when it was a free cancelled premium module on the Neverwinter Vault. It was incomplete, since the author decided to stop working on it when Bioware cancelled the premium module program, but I still thought it was decent enough at the time.
Darkness over Daggerford was alright as well, and had much the same history as TotM, even if it was finished. I didn't enjoy it immensely, but the module in itself was quite impressive.

So to sum up: They're okay if you like NWN, and can get over the Beamdog hate, but I'd suggest you give Swordflight a go instead, which is free, challenging and very well constructed. Lilura even fawned over it to an extreme degree, and I find myself agreeing completely about the praise.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
In the end I decided to get those EE modules along with Pathfinder:Kingmaker and its season pass,Mage's Initiation,Blade Runner and Perimeter

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
https://af.gog.com/partner/stay_at_home?as=1649904300 a whopping catalog of 26 games offered for free. I just grabbed them all because I like freebies.

Is there anything particular in the list you guys would recommend?
Beneath a Steel Sky is pretty good. Flight of the Amazon Queen is ok (very nice looking too IMO).

Lords of Midnight and Doomdark's Revenge are wargame/adventure hybrids and classics, they were extremely well regarded back in the 80s. I haven't played either in ages but I think octavius did a bit of a retrospective not long ago.

Eschalon is an ok isometric CRPG, not a classic but I had fun with it.

Shadow Warrior is a Build engine FPS, IMO not as good as Blood or Duke 3D but somewhere in the mid-range of quality.

Ultima IV is a classic and is an awesome game. Combat is way too simple (like most Ultimas) but it mostly relies on non-combat interactions anyway, and the design is extremely tight. Very rewarding exploration, very unique endgame. The Worlds of Ultima games are spinoffs of Ultima VI, same engine, smaller self-contained stories influenced by pulp literature. They're both quite entertaining, Martian Dreams is more of an adventure game at times but I like it, it's got a really fun atmosphere and story.

Tyrian is a classic scroller.

I've dabbled in some of the others but not as extensively as these.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom