Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGs where you fight/kill mind flayers/Illithids ?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo outside of BG 2 i really can't remember games where i could give them a good trashing. So the question.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Eye of the Beholder 1 :
start1_223.png

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I remember playing NWN1's HotU expansion and encountering a shitload of mindflayers that were neutral to my party -- a whole community of them in fact -- and I was told by EVERYONE that they were utterly something to be feared so I was nervous among them. Then I pissed them off somehow and they all attacked me. Bracing for the worst and prepared to make a run for it, I turned to fight as they zapped me left and right with their mind-controlling bullets. I killed them all in approximately one minute with not so much as a soiled codpiece in my party. I was like "WTF?" Did the game just bug out on me? Turns out I just happened to have a player character and companions that were all immune to mind magic. When I replayed HotU years later and encountered that same community with the same C&C, it took just one mindflayer to turn my entire party against itself and we were all self-murdered within a minute. What goes around comes around.

Last edited:

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Currently playing through D&D Tactics, a 3.5E turn-based tactics game, and there's an optional gauntlet that contains an encounter with 5 Mind Flayers:
dndtactics13kw6.jpg

Survive the Mind Flayers and an encounter with 5 Beholders is the reward.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Just put a helmet on with a controller in your hand and watch Stranger Things. Maybe dress in your bathrobe cinched with tow rope.

LARP away. life is but a dream

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Currently playing through D&D Tactics, a 3.5E turn-based tactics game, and there's an optional gauntlet that contains an encounter with 5 Mind Flayers:
dndtactics13kw6.jpg

What is this

How can I play it?

Codex Year of the Donut
I can't remember anything about NWN2, but I'm pretty sure there are some mind flayers.

Also, obligatory Divinity Original Sin 3 joke.
Mindflayers are in MotB. I can't remember if you fight them, but one definitely appears at the hag part.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
dndtactics13kw6.jpg

What is this

How can I play it?
D&D Tactics for PSP, a decently faithful representation of 3.5e D&D in the form of a turn based tactics game. It's got a bunch of issues, mostly stemming from the bizarre platform choice of a PSP over a PC for this genre of game, but I'm finding it decent enough to want to complete the campaign. PPSSPP runs it flawlessly.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
D&D Tactics for PSP, a decently faithful representation of 3.5e D&D in the form of a turn based tactics game. It's got a bunch of issues, mostly stemming from the bizarre platform choice of a PSP over a PC for this genre of game, but I'm finding it decent enough to want to complete the campaign. PPSSPP runs it flawlessly.
The game features the core character classes from the 3.5 Player's Handbook: the Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, and Wizard, as well as two non-core classes, the Psion and Psychic Warrior. A full set of character generation rules permit players to create their own characters, or use pre-generated characters selected from a "character library".
So there is a 3.5 game with MOTHERFUCKING PSIONICS and it's for PSP only. I'm one of the biggest D&D 3.5 fans in the entire world and I didn't know about this game.

I am astonished.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom