Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Mortal Kombat 11

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Hey it was free on Kazaa and I got really good at it. Only fighting game I tried since then was Streetfighter 5 or something and it was boring as fuck. I briefly played some sort of Streetfighter vs Mortal Kombat combined into one game type thing which seemed good but I only got to play it for a minute. I don't really like fighting games anymore. The awkward controls get on my nerves.

Squid

Arbiter
MK4 was weak, I don't give a shit. I like just about anything when it comes to mainline MK games but MK4, Deadly Alliance, and Armageddon are the weakest entries.

Generic-Giant-Spider

MK4 played like a bad version of UMK3 but had weapons and some stage interactivity and tried to balance things by introducing MAXIMUM DAMAGE (it auto-broke your combos if they crossed a certain threshold of damage). It brought a couple of cool characters (Shinnok, Tanya) and a lot of shit characters (everyone else that was new, fuck Quan Chi).

There was also MK Gold for the Dreamcast which was like an upgraded version of MK4 with more characters that were missing like Sektor and Mileena. Nothing much looked like it changed in gameplay, there's probably some extra stuff they added that I'm forgetting. I instantly hated MK4 when it released and it looks/plays like a bad fan game today.

I instantly hated MK4 when it released and it looks/plays like a bad fan game today.

MK4 was opposite to MKX in every way (I compare them to each other becaouse MKX is kind of MK4 reboot):

MK4 - excellent new characters, plot, music, atmosphere, endings, graphics on PC with 3DFX looks gorgeous but gameplay SUCKS ASS. Take MK3 control scheme, add 3d sidestepping, increase tempo, nerf damage (famous uppercut is now laughably weak), add weapon system that is useless (you loose your weapon once ou get hit). Before MK4 there was War Gods - another MK clone from Midway that was used as testing grounds or MK4 and it was miles metter. It even has Scorpions copycat (Voodoo) and Ahau Kin returned as Kotal Kahn two decades later. MK Gold is just more of the same (more of shit?) and coolest new character (Belokk) was cut last miunte:

MKX - great, competitive gameplay ruined by ugly graphics, shit plot, forgettable music and terrible roster.

Generic-Giant-Spider

War Gods, oh boy, what a steaming pile of shit that thing was.

However, Mace: The Dark Age was actually pretty cool and I wish they continued on with that series. Could've been like the grimdark Western counterpart to Soul Calibur.

MK4, oh yeah, excellent endings.

I can't say MK4 looked all that visual impressive next to Tekken 3, Dead or Alive, Last Bronx, and Virtua Fighter 3...which all came out the year before.

I can't say MK4 looked all that visual impressive next to Tekken 3, Dead or Alive, Last Bronx, and Virtua Fighter 3...which all came out the year before.

VF3 was waaaay beyond anything (propably most advanced video game of 1996, I remember screenshot from ECTS showcase) but MK4 had high-res, crisp textured that looked great. Do not compare inferior PSX port or PC software mode, I'm talking about 3D accelerator mode.

He's bitching about three-button control scheme pffff... on Amiga there was only one button available (thanks to lowest common denominator among Amiga players - joystick users).

He also obviously doesn't know about MS-DOS port which was closest to the arcade out of them all.

Generic-Giant-Spider

If you grew up in the '90s and said, "MAN YOU KNOW WHAT THIS GAME IS MISSING? SPAWN AND THE JOKER" then I call you a liar.

afa3762f2882f50d6d9fac5127e7714db86084b9a5b98ed9e57c4ab42c50d907_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

Squid

Arbiter
I don't mind Spawn as much as I mind Joker in MK. I'd rather just not do guest characters but if they're going to have them quit with the DC people. They don't fit in any sense. At least the thriller/slasher killers (Jason, Freddy, and Leatherface) and Alien and Predator mostly fit with the vibe of ultraviolence this game loves. And most of the movies those guys are from are just as campy as MK is.

Joker doesn't fit. I mean guest characters anyway are just eh and I think are there to just get fans of those series to instantly buy them out of EXCITEMENT. But for real does no one remember how dumb MK v DC was? Wow, great fatalities :roll:

Silverfish

Arbiter
Honestly, I liked the fatality where Superman punches the other guy through the ground Looney Tunes-style.

Squid

Arbiter
90170887_560822167860950_7229557714500714496_o.jpg

Fan theory is that Freddy's licensing is changing hands or some shit so they can't legally sell this right now or something.

Now I'm completely against guest characters

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom