Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline RPGs with choices that have consequences much later in the story

lobsterfrogman

Scholar
Witcher 1 - when something you did before influences the current situation you get a slide telling you why things look as they do.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
In Temple of Elemental Evil you can rescue a dude from the temple and after a couple of weeks you meet him again and he gives you the best sword in the game. Of course, you can just outright kill him during the first encounter and get a similar reward.

In Dragon Age: Inquisition (yikes), your decisions throughout the playthrough influence the behavior of some npcs in the ending (Leliana can diplomatically strengthen the chantry or go full genocide-mode on her opposition).

Both in the Mass Effect and Dragon Age trilogies (as well as in The Witcher), your decisions in the first game "heavily" influence minor aspects of the sequels.

Black Angel

Arcane
Do you want RPGs where the consequences of your actions are genuinely apparent based on the course of actions available, or do you want it where you have to hold on to this seemingly useless item that nobody knew would help you fight that boss later in the game?

flushfire

Augur
mars war logs has some, although the consequences are iirc limited to chapter/ending slides.

avadon also has this thing with companion loyalty where if you dont agree with their quests then they wont help you with an endgame fight.

Last edited:

buffalo bill

Arcane
King of Dragon Pass: tons of this. E.g. initial choice of ancestral enemy has huge later gameplay consequences.
Serpent in the Staglands: any evil act forces a particular ending
Ancient Domains of Mystery: don't kill any cats

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Planescape: Torment - doing an optional quest in one of the starting areas leads to appearance of one of the toughest enemies much later in game.

Lilliput McHammersmith

Planescape: Torment - doing an optional quest in one of the starting areas leads to appearance of one of the toughest enemies much later in game.

Are you talking about the Shadows in the end? I'm trying to think of what you're referencing. (I know I have Morte as my profile pic, but I have only played PST once)

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Are you talking about the Shadows in the end? I'm trying to think of what you're referencing. (I know I have Morte as my profile pic, but I have only played PST once)

I mean the cursed box quest.
If you do the quest, the curse is lifted by banishing demon to another plane.
And you get to find this demon much later, in the place where Curst city-center used to be.

Lilliput McHammersmith

I mean the cursed box quest.
If you do the quest, the curse is lifted by banishing demon to another plane.
And you get to find this demon much later, in the place where Curst city-center used to be.

Oh you know what, I remember that now

Gargaune

Magister
The Witcher 3, NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer and Planescape: Torment all come to mind as titles where midway choices affect your options in the final acts. If I recall correctly, there's quite a bit of reactivity to Act 2 decisions in The Witcher 2 as well.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Arcanum somewhat. There's obviously the choice of magic vs tech, where choosing to go heavy into the magic bans you from using trains. There's all the minor quests that lead to different ending slides. Generally consequences aren't too far down the line though.

jackofshadows

Magister
I think the best examples are few game series where player can import saves from predesessors and it actually matter more than just playing same char/party. Despite all the hatred towards ME3 actual ending, import affected experience a lot among some little things here and there since w/o it was much harder to avoid many losses and irrc that's the only way to make a truce between quarrians and the geth. Not a proper RPG, though, obviously. But transition TW2>TW3 also falls within nicely, a shame that CDPR didn't managed to pull off more (Iorveth/Saskia got dumped).

Speaking of proper RPG - in Wizardry *Dark Savant trilogy* was a few tricks via save import because items were actually carried forward but I won't point them out since I've played only W8. Also there're some other minors consequences plot/story/character wise if I'm not mistaken.

Codex Year of the Donut
I think the best examples are few game series where player can import saves from predesessors and it actually matter more than just playing same char/party. Despite all the hatred towards ME3 actual ending, import affected experience a lot among some little things here and there since w/o it was much harder to avoid many losses and irrc that's the only way to make a truce between quarrians and the geth. Not a proper RPG, though, obviously. But transition TW2>TW3 also falls within nicely, a shame that CDPR didn't managed to pull off more (Iorveth/Saskia got dumped).

Speaking of proper RPG - in Wizardry *Dark Savant trilogy* was a few tricks via save import because items were actually carried forward but I won't point them out since I've played only W8. Also there're some other minors consequences plot/story/character wise if I'm not mistaken.
I think the dragon age series might actually have any other series beat on this front come to think of it
Apparently DA:I(the third entry) checks a total of 234 imported flags from DA:O and DA2.
Code:
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke approve of Anders' actions at the Chantry?  Yes
INT,DA2 - Who did Hawke romance? (0=Noone, 4=Merrill, 5=Sebastian, 2=Fenris, 3=Isabella, 1=Anders)
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke join the mercenaries or the smugglers? (1=Mercenaries, 0=Smugglers)
BOOL,DA2 - Were Hawke and Varric friends?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke is mage
INT,DA2 - What did Hawke do with the templars? (0=S/he fought them, 2=S/he turned in the mages to them, 1=S/he convinced them to leave)
INT,DA2 - Were Varric and Hawke friends or rivals? (0=Friends, 1=Rivals)
BOOL,DA2 - Was Varric's brother Bartrand killed?
BOOL,DA2 - Was Karras killed?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke kill Danzig?
INT,DA2 - What did Hawke do with Keran? (2=S/he gave him to the templars, 0=S/he let him go, 1=S/he killed him)
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke side with the mages or the templars in the final battle? (1=The templars, 0=The mages)
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke let Zevran go? (0=Hawke did not find Zevran, 2=Yes, 1=No)
INT,DA2 - What happened to Fenris? (1=Fenris Died, 2=Fenris is alive and well, 0=Fenris was never recruited,3=Fenris was returned to his Tevinter master)
INT,DA2 - What kind of personality did Hawke have? (0=Diplomatic, 1=Humorous, 2=Aggressive)
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke help Lieutenant Harley with the raiders on the cliffs? (0=Hawke did not encounter Lieutenant Harley, 1=Hawke abandoned them, 2=Hawke fought alongside the guardsmen, 3=Hawke attacked the raiders without the help of the guardsmen)
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke kill the Arishok?
INT,DA2 - Who did Hawke hand the conspirators over to? (1=Meredith, 0=Orsino)
BOOL,da2_merrils_clan
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke return Saemus safely to the Viscount?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke blackmail Thrask?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke give Isabela to the Arishok? (Seems to be an int, but stored as a bool, so not present should = Isabela was not there to be turned over)
INT,DA2 - Was Fenris returned to his Tevinter master? (1=No, 0=Fenris was never recruited, 2=Yes)
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke execute Anders?
BOOL,DA2 - Is Bethany alive?
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke try to find the assassin for Nuncio? (2=Hawke killed Nuncio to save Zevran, 0=Zevran is dead so Nuncio did not seek Hawke out, 1=Hawke did not help Nuncio find the assassin)
INT,DA2 - What was Carver's career? (1=Carver became a templar, 2=Carver became a Grey Warden, 3=Carver died in the Deep Roads, 0=Carver died leaving Lothering)
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke make Tallis angry?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke discover who was raiding Hubert's caravans?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Aveline marry Donnic?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Javaris die?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke recruit Sebastian?
INT,DA2 - How did Hawke help Yevhen find his sons in the Deep Roads? (0=Hawke didn't help Yevhen, 1=Hawke saved Merin, 2=Hawke saved Iwan)
BOOL,DA2 - Merrill is Alive?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke is Warrior?
INT,DA2 - Who did Hawke side with in Corypheus's prison?  (1=Janeka, 0=Larius)
INT,DA2 - Carver is Warden?
INT,DA2 - What did Hawke do with Emile?  (0=S/he returned Emile to the Circle, 1=S/he allowed Emile to go free)
BOOL,DA2 - Did Varric keep a piece of the red lyrium idol?
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke tell Ghyslain the truth about his wife's death? (1=No, 2=Yes, 0=Hawke did not look for Ghyslain's wife)
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke find and rescue Nathaniel from the Deep Roads?  (2=Yes, 0=Nathaniel did not survive Dragon Age: Awakenings, 1=No)
INT,DA2 - What was Hawke's gender?  (0=Male, 1=Female)
BOOL,DA2 - Was Idunna killed?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke was Diplomatic?
BOOL,DA2 - Carver died in the Deep Roads?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke side with Varnell against the Qunari?
INT,DA2 - How did Hawke decide to help  Uncle Gamlen?  (1=Hawke reunited Charade with Gamlen, 0=Hawke didn't help Uncle Gamlen, 2=Hawke returned the Gem of Keroshek to Gamlen)
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke send Feynriel to the Circle or to the Dalish?  (0=To the Dalish, 1=To the Circle)
INT,DA2 - What happened to Merrill?  (1=Merrill is alive and well, 0=Merrill Died)
INT,DA2 - What was Hawke's class?  (1=Rogue, 0=Warrior, 2=Mage)
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke defend Ketojan or hand Ketojan over to the Qunari?  (1=Handed Ketojan over to the Qunari, 0=Defend Ketojan from the Qunari)
BOOL,DA2 - Was Anders alive at the end of Dragon Age 2?
INT,DA2 - Did Isabela return to Hawke after stealing the book? (0=Hawke didn't recruit Isabela, 2=Yes, 1=No)
INT,DA2 - Did Bethany die in the final battle?  (2=Yes, 0=Bethany didn't survive to see the mage/templar war, 1=No)
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke sided with Mages?
BOOL,da2_hawke_appearance
BOOL,DA2 - Did Aveline stay with Hawke?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke romanced noone?
BOOL,DA2 - Fenris still alive?
INT,DA2 - What happened to Feynriel?  (1=He was made Tranquil, 2=He was possessed, 0=He was freed and left for Tevinter)
BOOL,DA2 - Bartrand still alive?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke is Male?
BOOL,DA2 - Is Carver alive?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Merrill destroy the Eluvian?
BOOL,DA2 - Bethany is a Warden?
INT,DA2 - Did Bethany become a Warden?  (0=Unknown, 1=No, 2=Yes)
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke romanced Merrill?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke is Rogue?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke romanced Isabela?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke return the cargo to Martin?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke is Female?
INT,DA2 - What happened to Anders?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke sided with Janeka?
INT,DA2 - What happened to Samson? (1=Samson was reinstated into the templars, 0=Samson was killed) <-- Might be a BOOL
BOOL,DA2 - Samson reinstated into the templars?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke romanced Anders?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke side with Petrice?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke recruit Fenris?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke and Varric are friends?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke sided with Larius?
INT,DA2 - What happened to Keran?  (1=He was kicked out of the Templars, 0=He was reinstated with the Templars)
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke kill Gascard?
BOOL,DA2 - Fenris was returned to master?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke sided with the templars?
BOOL,DA2 - Was Dragon Age 2 completed?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Merrill stay with Hawke?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawkes personality was aggressive?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke discover the mystery of the missing miners at the Bone Pit?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke romanced Sebastian?
BOOL,DA2 - Dragon Age 2: Legacy played?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke recruit Isabela?
INT,DA2 - What was Bethany's career? (2=Bethany became a Grey Warden, 0=Bethany died leaving Lothering, 3=Bethany died in the Deep Roads, 1=Bethany became a Circle mage)
BOOL,DA2 - Bethany died in the Deep Roads?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke romanced Fenris?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke help Varric discover what was haunting his brother Bartrand's mansion?
BOOL,DA2 - Dragon Age: Origins or Dragon Age 2 played?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke find Malcolm's will in the Grey Warden prison tower?  Yes
BOOL,DA2 - Hawkes personality was humorous?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke kiss Tallis?
BOOL,DA2 - Was Kelder killed?
BOOL,DA2 - Is Ginnis alive?
INT,DAO - What was the Warden's class? (1=Rogue, 2=Mage, 0=Warrior)
BOOL,DAO - Warden is Warrior?
BOOL,DAO - Alistair is Drunk?
BOOL,DAO - Warden married Alistair?
BOOL,DAO - Wardens background is Dalish Elf?
BOOL,DAO - Zevran Recruited?
INT,DAO - How did the Warden handle Cammen's broken heart?  (2=S/he brought them together, 0=S/he didn't encounter Cammen and Gheyna, 1=S/he broke them up)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden help Zerlinda reconcile with her family?  (1=Yes, No=0)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden go through the Eluvian with Morrigan?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden bring the ancient encrypted scroll to Sister Justine in Denerim?
INT,DAO - How did the Warden resolve the problems between the werewolves and the elves? (0=S/He brokered peace between them, 1=S/He sided with the werewolves, 2=S/He sided with the elves)
INT,DAO - What happened to Zevran? (1=He is alive and well, 0=He died)
BOOL,DAO - Did First Enchanter Irving survive the battle against Uldred?
INT,DAO - Did the Warden return Sten's sword to him? (0=The Warden did not recruit Sten, 1=No, 2=Yes)
INT,DAO - What happened to Alistair? (4=He becomes a drunk, 3=He stays with the Wardens, 0=He dies killing the Archdemon, 2=He becomes King, 1=He is executed
INT,DAO - What happened to Connor? (2=He is alive and still possessed, 1=He is alive and no longer possessed, 0=He died)
INT,DAO - What was the Warden's background? (0=Human noble, 5=Dwarf noble, 3=City elf, 1=Human mage, 2=Dalish elf, 4=Elf mage, 6=Dwarf commoner)
BOOL,DAO - Warden is Mage?
BOOL,DAO - Warden is Rogue?
BOOL,DAO - Warden supported mages at Broken Circle?
INT,DAO - How did the Warden deal with Deygan in the Brecilian Forest? (2=S/he killed Deygan, 1=S/he returned Deygan to the Dalish camp for treatment, 0=S/he didn't encounter Deygan)
INT,DAO - Who killed the Archdemon? (1=Alistair, 0=The Warden, 2=Loghain)
INT,DAO - What did the Warden do to help Kaitlyn find her brother Bevin? (4=S/he scared Bevin back to Chantry, 0=S/He did nothing, 3=S/he freed Bevin without finding the family sword, 1=S/He freed Bevin and took the family sword, 2=S/he freed Bevin and paid for the family sword)
BOOL,DAO - Was Alistair executed?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden help Sergeant Kylon clear rowdy customers out of the Pearl?
INT,DAO - What happened to Loghain? (1=Loghain was executed by Alistair, 3=Loghain is alive and well, 0=Loghain was executed by the Warden, 2=Loghain died killing the Archdemon)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden let Bann Sighard know s/he found Oswyn in Arl Howe's torture room?
BOOL,DAO - Anora is queen alone?
INT,DAO - How did the Warden deal with Dagna's request to become a scholar at the Circle Tower? (0=S/he didn't talk to Dagna, 4=S/he told Dagna that the Circle was destroyed, 2=S/he convinced Dagna to stay with her father, 1=S/he refused to help Dagna, 3=S/he asked permission for Dagna to study at the Circle Tower)
BOOL,DAO - Did Morrigan have Alistair's baby?
INT,DAO - How did the Warden complete Filda's quest to find her son Ruck in the Deep Roads? (3=S/he killed Ruck and told Filda s/he couldn't find him, 1=S/he told Filda Ruck died even if he didn't, 5=S/he killed Ruck and told Filda that he died heroically, 0=S/he didn't speak to Filda, 4=S/he killed Ruck and told Filda the truth, 2=S/he told Filda the truth of Ruck's condition)
INT,DAO - What happened to the Warden? (0=S/He sacrificed him/herself killing the Archdemon, 1=S/He is alive and well, 2=S/He is missing)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden kill Ser Landry?
BOOL,DAO - Was Dragon Age: Origins completed?
BOOL,DAO - Is the Warden alive?
BOOL,DAO - Did Morrigan have Loghain's baby?
BOOL,DAO - Was Loghain alive at the end of Dragon Age: Origins?
INT,DAO - Did the Warden restore Mardy's son's birth right? (2=Yes, 0=S/he didn't have a son with Mardy, 1=No)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden handle the Crimson Oars for Sergeant Kylon in Denerim?
BOOL,DAO - Is Alistair alive?
BOOL,DAO - Warden romanced Morrigan
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden poison the Urn of Sacred Ashes?
INT,DAO - What happened to Leliana? (2=The Warden killed Leliana after poisoning the Urn of Sacred Ashes, 1=Leliana is alive and well, 3=The Warden killed Leliana for some other reason, 0=The Warden did not recruit Leliana)
INT,DAO - What did the Warden do with the Mabari Hound in Ostagar? (1=Cured it with the wilds flower, 4=Cured it with the wilds flower, 3=S/He didn't help it, 2=S/He put it out of its misery, 0=S/He didn't help it)
INT,DAO - What race was the Warden? (1=Elf, 0=Human, 2=Dwarf)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden help Orta find the proof she needs to join the Assembly as a member of House Ortan?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden complete Master Ignacio's assassination missions?
INT,DAO - Who did the Warden support at the Broken Circle? (0=The mages, 1=The templars)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden recruit Loghain?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden recruit Oghren?
BOOL,DAO - Did Carver become a Warden?
INT,DAO - Did the Warden choose Branka or Caridin in the Deep Roads?  (0=Caridin, 1=Branka)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden complete Slim Couldry's crime wave?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden kill Leliana after a crisis unrelated to the Urn of Sacred Ashes?
BOOL,DAO - Was Dragon Age Origins: Awakenings completed?
BOOL,DAO - Warden was Female?
BOOL,DAO - Did Morrigan have the Warden's baby?
INT,DAO - What was the Warden's gender? (0=Male, 1=Female)
INT,DAO - What did the Warden do with Sten's imprisonment in Lothering?  (0=S/He didn't free Sten from the cage, 3=S/he intimidated the Revered Mother into freeing Sten, 1=S/He picked the lock to free Sten, 2=S/He persuaded the Revered Mother to free Sten)
BOOL,DAO - Warden married Alistair and Anora?
INT,DAO - Was Loghain executed?  (2=Alistair, 1=Warden, 0=No)
BOOL,DAO - Warden chose Branka in the Deep Roads?
BOOL,DAO - Caridin destroyed anvil?
INT,DAO - Who rules in Orzammar?  (0=Harrowmont, 1=Bhelen)
BOOL,DAO - Warden romanced Zevran
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden help the people of Redcliffe prepare for the attack of the undead hordes?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden help the village of Redcliffe fight the undead hordes at nightfall?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden tell Athras about the death of his wife Danyla?
INT,DAO - Did the Warden remain as King Alistair's mistress? (2=No, 1=Yes, 0=The Warden and Alistair were not lovers, 3=The Warden is Alistair's Queen)
BOOL,DAO - Warden sided with Werewolves?
INT,dao_paragon_anvil_fate
BOOL,DAO - Connor is dead?
BOOL,DAO - Branka kept Anvil?
BOOL,DAO - Did Loghain kill the Archdemon?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden kill Leliana after destroying the Sacred Ashes?
BOOL,DAO - Anora is queen with Warden?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden recruit Sten?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden complete Rogek's lyrium deal?
BOOL,dao_awakenings_architect_fate
INT,DAO - How did the Warden handle Elora's sick halla?  (0=S/he never spoke to Elora, 1=S/he saved the halla, 2=S/he allowed the halla to be killed)
BOOL,DAO - Warden sided with Elves?
BOOL,DAO - Alistair is king alone?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden rescue Owen the Blacksmith's daughter Valena?
BOOL,DAO - Warden is Elf?
BOOL,DAO - Warden romanced Leliana?
BOOL,DAO - Bhelen is king of Orzammar
BOOL,DAO - Wardens background is Dwarf Noble?
BOOL,DAO - dao_leliana_crisis
BOOL,DAO - Warden is Male?
BOOL,DAO - Warden is Dwarf?
INT,dao_shale_fate
BOOL,dao_shale_recruited
BOOL,DAO - Connor is alive and not possessed?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden bring Varathorn the ironbark he needed?
BOOL,DAO - Morrigan has child?
BOOL,DAO - Alistair is king with Warden?
BOOL,DAO - Wardens background is Human Mage?
BOOL,DAO - Warden is Human?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden give Alfstanna her brother Irminric's ring?
BOOL,DAO - Wardens background is City Elf?
BOOL,dao_ntb_brokered_peace
BOOL,DAO - Anora is queen alone or with the Warden?
BOOL,DAO - Connor is alive and possessed?
BOOL,DAO - Is Alistair king?
BOOL,DAO - Morrigan did the dark ritual with the Warden?
BOOL,DAO - Did Alistair kill the Archdemon?
BOOL,DAO - Branka destroyed Anvil?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden recruit Leliana?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden help Brother Burkel create a Chantry in Orzammar?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden return the worn amulet to the deranged beggar in Denerim's alienage?
BOOL,DAO - Warden chose Caridin in the Deep Roads?
BOOL,DAO - Warden asked permission for Dagna to study at the Circle Tower?
BOOL,DAO - Harrowmont is king of Orzammar?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden prove to the Shaperate that the Legion of the Dead was connected with a noble House?
INT,dao_wynne_fate
INT,DAO - Who now rules Fereldan? (0=Alistair, 3=Anora, 2=Alistair and the Warden, 1=Alistair and Anora, 4=The Warden and Anora)
INT,DAO - Did the Warden have relations with Mardy before being cast out of Orzammar? (1=No, 0=S/he didn't encounter Mardy, 2=Yes)
INT,DAO - What happened to Nathaniel? (0=He died, 1=He is alive and well)
BOOL,dao_morrigan_dark_ritual
BOOL,DAO - Warden sided with the templars at Broken Circle?
BOOL,DAO - Was Leliana alive at the end of Dragon Age: Origins?
BOOL,DAO - Wardens background is Human Noble?
BOOL,DAO - Wardens background is Dwarf Commoner?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden recruit Wynne?
BOOL,DAO - Warden romanced Alistair?
INT,DAO - What did the Warden do with the hungry deserter in Ostagar?  (5=S/He stole the key from the prisoner, 2=S/he fed the prisoner food stolen from the guard, 4= S/He fed the prisoner with food bought from the guard, 3=S/he fed the prisoner the guard's lunch, 1=S/He killed the prisoner, 0= S/He left the prisoner alone)
BOOL,DAO - Wardens background is Elven Mage?
BOOL,DAO - Alistair is king with Anora?
BOOL,dao_isolde_state
INT,DAO - What did the Warden decide to do with the tome stolen from the Shaperate?  (0=S/he didn't look into the matter, 2=S/he sold the tome to a fence, 1=S/he returned the tome to the Shaperate)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden recruit Dog?
INT,DAO - Who did the Warden romance? (1=Alistair, 4=Zevran, 3=Leliana, 0=No-one, 2=Morrigan)
INT,DAO - Did Morrigan have a baby? (3=Yes, 0=No, 1=Yes, 2=Yes)

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
How could I forget, huh? They even made Dragon Age Keep for that purpose (well, maybe for anti-piracy reasons too).

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

I think the dragon age series might actually have any other series beat on this front come to think of it
Apparently DA:I(the third entry) checks a total of 234 imported flags from DA:O and DA2.
Code:
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke approve of Anders' actions at the Chantry?  Yes
INT,DA2 - Who did Hawke romance? (0=Noone, 4=Merrill, 5=Sebastian, 2=Fenris, 3=Isabella, 1=Anders)
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke join the mercenaries or the smugglers? (1=Mercenaries, 0=Smugglers)
BOOL,DA2 - Were Hawke and Varric friends?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke is mage
INT,DA2 - What did Hawke do with the templars? (0=S/he fought them, 2=S/he turned in the mages to them, 1=S/he convinced them to leave)
INT,DA2 - Were Varric and Hawke friends or rivals? (0=Friends, 1=Rivals)
BOOL,DA2 - Was Varric's brother Bartrand killed?
BOOL,DA2 - Was Karras killed?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke kill Danzig?
INT,DA2 - What did Hawke do with Keran? (2=S/he gave him to the templars, 0=S/he let him go, 1=S/he killed him)
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke side with the mages or the templars in the final battle? (1=The templars, 0=The mages)
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke let Zevran go? (0=Hawke did not find Zevran, 2=Yes, 1=No)
INT,DA2 - What happened to Fenris? (1=Fenris Died, 2=Fenris is alive and well, 0=Fenris was never recruited,3=Fenris was returned to his Tevinter master)
INT,DA2 - What kind of personality did Hawke have? (0=Diplomatic, 1=Humorous, 2=Aggressive)
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke help Lieutenant Harley with the raiders on the cliffs? (0=Hawke did not encounter Lieutenant Harley, 1=Hawke abandoned them, 2=Hawke fought alongside the guardsmen, 3=Hawke attacked the raiders without the help of the guardsmen)
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke kill the Arishok?
INT,DA2 - Who did Hawke hand the conspirators over to? (1=Meredith, 0=Orsino)
BOOL,da2_merrils_clan
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke return Saemus safely to the Viscount?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke blackmail Thrask?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke give Isabela to the Arishok? (Seems to be an int, but stored as a bool, so not present should = Isabela was not there to be turned over)
INT,DA2 - Was Fenris returned to his Tevinter master? (1=No, 0=Fenris was never recruited, 2=Yes)
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke execute Anders?
BOOL,DA2 - Is Bethany alive?
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke try to find the assassin for Nuncio? (2=Hawke killed Nuncio to save Zevran, 0=Zevran is dead so Nuncio did not seek Hawke out, 1=Hawke did not help Nuncio find the assassin)
INT,DA2 - What was Carver's career? (1=Carver became a templar, 2=Carver became a Grey Warden, 3=Carver died in the Deep Roads, 0=Carver died leaving Lothering)
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke make Tallis angry?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke discover who was raiding Hubert's caravans?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Aveline marry Donnic?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Javaris die?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke recruit Sebastian?
INT,DA2 - How did Hawke help Yevhen find his sons in the Deep Roads? (0=Hawke didn't help Yevhen, 1=Hawke saved Merin, 2=Hawke saved Iwan)
BOOL,DA2 - Merrill is Alive?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke is Warrior?
INT,DA2 - Who did Hawke side with in Corypheus's prison?  (1=Janeka, 0=Larius)
INT,DA2 - Carver is Warden?
INT,DA2 - What did Hawke do with Emile?  (0=S/he returned Emile to the Circle, 1=S/he allowed Emile to go free)
BOOL,DA2 - Did Varric keep a piece of the red lyrium idol?
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke tell Ghyslain the truth about his wife's death? (1=No, 2=Yes, 0=Hawke did not look for Ghyslain's wife)
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke find and rescue Nathaniel from the Deep Roads?  (2=Yes, 0=Nathaniel did not survive Dragon Age: Awakenings, 1=No)
INT,DA2 - What was Hawke's gender?  (0=Male, 1=Female)
BOOL,DA2 - Was Idunna killed?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke was Diplomatic?
BOOL,DA2 - Carver died in the Deep Roads?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke side with Varnell against the Qunari?
INT,DA2 - How did Hawke decide to help  Uncle Gamlen?  (1=Hawke reunited Charade with Gamlen, 0=Hawke didn't help Uncle Gamlen, 2=Hawke returned the Gem of Keroshek to Gamlen)
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke send Feynriel to the Circle or to the Dalish?  (0=To the Dalish, 1=To the Circle)
INT,DA2 - What happened to Merrill?  (1=Merrill is alive and well, 0=Merrill Died)
INT,DA2 - What was Hawke's class?  (1=Rogue, 0=Warrior, 2=Mage)
INT,DA2 - Did Hawke defend Ketojan or hand Ketojan over to the Qunari?  (1=Handed Ketojan over to the Qunari, 0=Defend Ketojan from the Qunari)
BOOL,DA2 - Was Anders alive at the end of Dragon Age 2?
INT,DA2 - Did Isabela return to Hawke after stealing the book? (0=Hawke didn't recruit Isabela, 2=Yes, 1=No)
INT,DA2 - Did Bethany die in the final battle?  (2=Yes, 0=Bethany didn't survive to see the mage/templar war, 1=No)
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke sided with Mages?
BOOL,da2_hawke_appearance
BOOL,DA2 - Did Aveline stay with Hawke?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke romanced noone?
BOOL,DA2 - Fenris still alive?
INT,DA2 - What happened to Feynriel?  (1=He was made Tranquil, 2=He was possessed, 0=He was freed and left for Tevinter)
BOOL,DA2 - Bartrand still alive?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke is Male?
BOOL,DA2 - Is Carver alive?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Merrill destroy the Eluvian?
BOOL,DA2 - Bethany is a Warden?
INT,DA2 - Did Bethany become a Warden?  (0=Unknown, 1=No, 2=Yes)
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke romanced Merrill?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke is Rogue?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke romanced Isabela?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke return the cargo to Martin?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke is Female?
INT,DA2 - What happened to Anders?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke sided with Janeka?
INT,DA2 - What happened to Samson? (1=Samson was reinstated into the templars, 0=Samson was killed) <-- Might be a BOOL
BOOL,DA2 - Samson reinstated into the templars?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke romanced Anders?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke side with Petrice?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke recruit Fenris?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke and Varric are friends?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke sided with Larius?
INT,DA2 - What happened to Keran?  (1=He was kicked out of the Templars, 0=He was reinstated with the Templars)
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke kill Gascard?
BOOL,DA2 - Fenris was returned to master?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke sided with the templars?
BOOL,DA2 - Was Dragon Age 2 completed?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Merrill stay with Hawke?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawkes personality was aggressive?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke discover the mystery of the missing miners at the Bone Pit?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke romanced Sebastian?
BOOL,DA2 - Dragon Age 2: Legacy played?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke recruit Isabela?
INT,DA2 - What was Bethany's career? (2=Bethany became a Grey Warden, 0=Bethany died leaving Lothering, 3=Bethany died in the Deep Roads, 1=Bethany became a Circle mage)
BOOL,DA2 - Bethany died in the Deep Roads?
BOOL,DA2 - Hawke romanced Fenris?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke help Varric discover what was haunting his brother Bartrand's mansion?
BOOL,DA2 - Dragon Age: Origins or Dragon Age 2 played?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke find Malcolm's will in the Grey Warden prison tower?  Yes
BOOL,DA2 - Hawkes personality was humorous?
BOOL,DA2 - Did Hawke kiss Tallis?
BOOL,DA2 - Was Kelder killed?
BOOL,DA2 - Is Ginnis alive?
INT,DAO - What was the Warden's class? (1=Rogue, 2=Mage, 0=Warrior)
BOOL,DAO - Warden is Warrior?
BOOL,DAO - Alistair is Drunk?
BOOL,DAO - Warden married Alistair?
BOOL,DAO - Wardens background is Dalish Elf?
BOOL,DAO - Zevran Recruited?
INT,DAO - How did the Warden handle Cammen's broken heart?  (2=S/he brought them together, 0=S/he didn't encounter Cammen and Gheyna, 1=S/he broke them up)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden help Zerlinda reconcile with her family?  (1=Yes, No=0)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden go through the Eluvian with Morrigan?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden bring the ancient encrypted scroll to Sister Justine in Denerim?
INT,DAO - How did the Warden resolve the problems between the werewolves and the elves? (0=S/He brokered peace between them, 1=S/He sided with the werewolves, 2=S/He sided with the elves)
INT,DAO - What happened to Zevran? (1=He is alive and well, 0=He died)
BOOL,DAO - Did First Enchanter Irving survive the battle against Uldred?
INT,DAO - Did the Warden return Sten's sword to him? (0=The Warden did not recruit Sten, 1=No, 2=Yes)
INT,DAO - What happened to Alistair? (4=He becomes a drunk, 3=He stays with the Wardens, 0=He dies killing the Archdemon, 2=He becomes King, 1=He is executed
INT,DAO - What happened to Connor? (2=He is alive and still possessed, 1=He is alive and no longer possessed, 0=He died)
INT,DAO - What was the Warden's background? (0=Human noble, 5=Dwarf noble, 3=City elf, 1=Human mage, 2=Dalish elf, 4=Elf mage, 6=Dwarf commoner)
BOOL,DAO - Warden is Mage?
BOOL,DAO - Warden is Rogue?
BOOL,DAO - Warden supported mages at Broken Circle?
INT,DAO - How did the Warden deal with Deygan in the Brecilian Forest? (2=S/he killed Deygan, 1=S/he returned Deygan to the Dalish camp for treatment, 0=S/he didn't encounter Deygan)
INT,DAO - Who killed the Archdemon? (1=Alistair, 0=The Warden, 2=Loghain)
INT,DAO - What did the Warden do to help Kaitlyn find her brother Bevin? (4=S/he scared Bevin back to Chantry, 0=S/He did nothing, 3=S/he freed Bevin without finding the family sword, 1=S/He freed Bevin and took the family sword, 2=S/he freed Bevin and paid for the family sword)
BOOL,DAO - Was Alistair executed?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden help Sergeant Kylon clear rowdy customers out of the Pearl?
INT,DAO - What happened to Loghain? (1=Loghain was executed by Alistair, 3=Loghain is alive and well, 0=Loghain was executed by the Warden, 2=Loghain died killing the Archdemon)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden let Bann Sighard know s/he found Oswyn in Arl Howe's torture room?
BOOL,DAO - Anora is queen alone?
INT,DAO - How did the Warden deal with Dagna's request to become a scholar at the Circle Tower? (0=S/he didn't talk to Dagna, 4=S/he told Dagna that the Circle was destroyed, 2=S/he convinced Dagna to stay with her father, 1=S/he refused to help Dagna, 3=S/he asked permission for Dagna to study at the Circle Tower)
BOOL,DAO - Did Morrigan have Alistair's baby?
INT,DAO - How did the Warden complete Filda's quest to find her son Ruck in the Deep Roads? (3=S/he killed Ruck and told Filda s/he couldn't find him, 1=S/he told Filda Ruck died even if he didn't, 5=S/he killed Ruck and told Filda that he died heroically, 0=S/he didn't speak to Filda, 4=S/he killed Ruck and told Filda the truth, 2=S/he told Filda the truth of Ruck's condition)
INT,DAO - What happened to the Warden? (0=S/He sacrificed him/herself killing the Archdemon, 1=S/He is alive and well, 2=S/He is missing)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden kill Ser Landry?
BOOL,DAO - Was Dragon Age: Origins completed?
BOOL,DAO - Is the Warden alive?
BOOL,DAO - Did Morrigan have Loghain's baby?
BOOL,DAO - Was Loghain alive at the end of Dragon Age: Origins?
INT,DAO - Did the Warden restore Mardy's son's birth right? (2=Yes, 0=S/he didn't have a son with Mardy, 1=No)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden handle the Crimson Oars for Sergeant Kylon in Denerim?
BOOL,DAO - Is Alistair alive?
BOOL,DAO - Warden romanced Morrigan
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden poison the Urn of Sacred Ashes?
INT,DAO - What happened to Leliana? (2=The Warden killed Leliana after poisoning the Urn of Sacred Ashes, 1=Leliana is alive and well, 3=The Warden killed Leliana for some other reason, 0=The Warden did not recruit Leliana)
INT,DAO - What did the Warden do with the Mabari Hound in Ostagar? (1=Cured it with the wilds flower, 4=Cured it with the wilds flower, 3=S/He didn't help it, 2=S/He put it out of its misery, 0=S/He didn't help it)
INT,DAO - What race was the Warden? (1=Elf, 0=Human, 2=Dwarf)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden help Orta find the proof she needs to join the Assembly as a member of House Ortan?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden complete Master Ignacio's assassination missions?
INT,DAO - Who did the Warden support at the Broken Circle? (0=The mages, 1=The templars)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden recruit Loghain?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden recruit Oghren?
BOOL,DAO - Did Carver become a Warden?
INT,DAO - Did the Warden choose Branka or Caridin in the Deep Roads?  (0=Caridin, 1=Branka)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden complete Slim Couldry's crime wave?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden kill Leliana after a crisis unrelated to the Urn of Sacred Ashes?
BOOL,DAO - Was Dragon Age Origins: Awakenings completed?
BOOL,DAO - Warden was Female?
BOOL,DAO - Did Morrigan have the Warden's baby?
INT,DAO - What was the Warden's gender? (0=Male, 1=Female)
INT,DAO - What did the Warden do with Sten's imprisonment in Lothering?  (0=S/He didn't free Sten from the cage, 3=S/he intimidated the Revered Mother into freeing Sten, 1=S/He picked the lock to free Sten, 2=S/He persuaded the Revered Mother to free Sten)
BOOL,DAO - Warden married Alistair and Anora?
INT,DAO - Was Loghain executed?  (2=Alistair, 1=Warden, 0=No)
BOOL,DAO - Warden chose Branka in the Deep Roads?
BOOL,DAO - Caridin destroyed anvil?
INT,DAO - Who rules in Orzammar?  (0=Harrowmont, 1=Bhelen)
BOOL,DAO - Warden romanced Zevran
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden help the people of Redcliffe prepare for the attack of the undead hordes?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden help the village of Redcliffe fight the undead hordes at nightfall?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden tell Athras about the death of his wife Danyla?
INT,DAO - Did the Warden remain as King Alistair's mistress? (2=No, 1=Yes, 0=The Warden and Alistair were not lovers, 3=The Warden is Alistair's Queen)
BOOL,DAO - Warden sided with Werewolves?
INT,dao_paragon_anvil_fate
BOOL,DAO - Connor is dead?
BOOL,DAO - Branka kept Anvil?
BOOL,DAO - Did Loghain kill the Archdemon?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden kill Leliana after destroying the Sacred Ashes?
BOOL,DAO - Anora is queen with Warden?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden recruit Sten?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden complete Rogek's lyrium deal?
BOOL,dao_awakenings_architect_fate
INT,DAO - How did the Warden handle Elora's sick halla?  (0=S/he never spoke to Elora, 1=S/he saved the halla, 2=S/he allowed the halla to be killed)
BOOL,DAO - Warden sided with Elves?
BOOL,DAO - Alistair is king alone?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden rescue Owen the Blacksmith's daughter Valena?
BOOL,DAO - Warden is Elf?
BOOL,DAO - Warden romanced Leliana?
BOOL,DAO - Bhelen is king of Orzammar
BOOL,DAO - Wardens background is Dwarf Noble?
BOOL,DAO - dao_leliana_crisis
BOOL,DAO - Warden is Male?
BOOL,DAO - Warden is Dwarf?
INT,dao_shale_fate
BOOL,dao_shale_recruited
BOOL,DAO - Connor is alive and not possessed?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden bring Varathorn the ironbark he needed?
BOOL,DAO - Morrigan has child?
BOOL,DAO - Alistair is king with Warden?
BOOL,DAO - Wardens background is Human Mage?
BOOL,DAO - Warden is Human?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden give Alfstanna her brother Irminric's ring?
BOOL,DAO - Wardens background is City Elf?
BOOL,dao_ntb_brokered_peace
BOOL,DAO - Anora is queen alone or with the Warden?
BOOL,DAO - Connor is alive and possessed?
BOOL,DAO - Is Alistair king?
BOOL,DAO - Morrigan did the dark ritual with the Warden?
BOOL,DAO - Did Alistair kill the Archdemon?
BOOL,DAO - Branka destroyed Anvil?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden recruit Leliana?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden help Brother Burkel create a Chantry in Orzammar?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden return the worn amulet to the deranged beggar in Denerim's alienage?
BOOL,DAO - Warden chose Caridin in the Deep Roads?
BOOL,DAO - Warden asked permission for Dagna to study at the Circle Tower?
BOOL,DAO - Harrowmont is king of Orzammar?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden prove to the Shaperate that the Legion of the Dead was connected with a noble House?
INT,dao_wynne_fate
INT,DAO - Who now rules Fereldan? (0=Alistair, 3=Anora, 2=Alistair and the Warden, 1=Alistair and Anora, 4=The Warden and Anora)
INT,DAO - Did the Warden have relations with Mardy before being cast out of Orzammar? (1=No, 0=S/he didn't encounter Mardy, 2=Yes)
INT,DAO - What happened to Nathaniel? (0=He died, 1=He is alive and well)
BOOL,dao_morrigan_dark_ritual
BOOL,DAO - Warden sided with the templars at Broken Circle?
BOOL,DAO - Was Leliana alive at the end of Dragon Age: Origins?
BOOL,DAO - Wardens background is Human Noble?
BOOL,DAO - Wardens background is Dwarf Commoner?
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden recruit Wynne?
BOOL,DAO - Warden romanced Alistair?
INT,DAO - What did the Warden do with the hungry deserter in Ostagar?  (5=S/He stole the key from the prisoner, 2=S/he fed the prisoner food stolen from the guard, 4= S/He fed the prisoner with food bought from the guard, 3=S/he fed the prisoner the guard's lunch, 1=S/He killed the prisoner, 0= S/He left the prisoner alone)
BOOL,DAO - Wardens background is Elven Mage?
BOOL,DAO - Alistair is king with Anora?
BOOL,dao_isolde_state
INT,DAO - What did the Warden decide to do with the tome stolen from the Shaperate?  (0=S/he didn't look into the matter, 2=S/he sold the tome to a fence, 1=S/he returned the tome to the Shaperate)
BOOL,DAO - Did the Warden recruit Dog?
INT,DAO - Who did the Warden romance? (1=Alistair, 4=Zevran, 3=Leliana, 0=No-one, 2=Morrigan)
INT,DAO - Did Morrigan have a baby? (3=Yes, 0=No, 1=Yes, 2=Yes)
DA:I checks a lot of decisions taken in previous entries, but usually what you get out of them is pretty small and uninfluential, almost always relegated to background details that don't affect in any sensible way what's happening around you.

In that regard, ME gives your past decisions and actions a lot more weight, since certain "main quests" possible endings are available only if you did specific actions in previous games.

Falksi

Arcane
Witcher 2.

Can't think of a better example for major C&C. Early choices made in the first chapter influence the short, medium & long term all very heavily.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom