Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

vota DC

Augur
I was reading the Q&A of modding. There are some things that can't be changed.
Aging. You can be immortal but you will still age, they said that stopping aging is very difficult if not impossible. I am not sure if aging just means the count of years or means looking older too....in that case good riddance elves!
Item slots. There is a maximum of 5. The usual 4 plus a fifth that can be your starting weapon and you drop it as soon you change weapon.
Individual AI. Formation AI and Battle AI can be modded while individual AI can only be customized but can't be modded. I hope you can still create a realistic french warrior that flee when has less than 99,99% hitpoints left.

That connan mod is interesting.

If that's not fanboyism than I just don't know.

It is called not being minmaxer scum that autisticly screeches over some bullshit +1 to his armor. Secondly i said their armor is not the best in game and you like autistic had to correct me because apparently order knight armor which is almost as good is not good enough for you. I mean you even said yourself that their armor is not the best and you had to add that "runnic armor is the best" like autist you are.

Secondly compared to what exactly ? Warband vanilla is completely barebones game with 1/4 of gear POP has even if you cut out noldors completely you still have a lot more content than warband. There is basically no elite gear in vanilla warband to chase as best gear is on kingdom troops you just get from battle and prices for best gear are almost the same as for normal gear.

I am not sure but I think that in every mod you have to compare armors used by troops because it is obvious that reward armor or armor used by special NPC are always better. In TLD Elrond doesn't wear any helmet but still his head is very sturdy because has 50 hidden armor but you just ignore it when you compare helmets.

Perkel

Arcane
I am not sure but I think that in every mod you have to compare armors used by troops because it is obvious that reward armor or armor used by special NPC are always better. In TLD Elrond doesn't wear any helmet but still his head is very sturdy because has 50 hidden armor but you just ignore it when you compare helmets.

We are talking here about personal armor not troop armor. POP unlike vanilla warband and pretty much other mods has shitload of gear which 90% of them are standard gear of troops and then you have like 10% rare gear that is ultra expensive but can give you that edge you need. It also kind of works like end game goal where you want to find yourself best damn stuff or just collect stuff like i did for fashionband.

Sjukob

Arcane
It is called not being minmaxer scum that autisticly screeches over some bullshit +1 to his armor. Secondly i said their armor is not the best in game and you like autistic had to correct me because apparently order knight armor which is almost as good is not good enough for you. I mean you even said yourself that their armor is not the best and you had to add that "runnic armor is the best" like autist you

1)
PoP is completely overrated
I smell minmaxer scum.
Pendor is indeed an incredibly overrated mod:
This is how to know someone is retarded.
Nice talking to you.

2) It's interesting how you ignored a lot of points raised by me and other people:

In that post:
POP doesn't care about "balance" they care only what makes sense.
You skipped everything except one sentence and qualis gems.

I ask you:
What does make sense in PoP ?
and you proceed to ignore this too.

Then there's this:
POP also does change a lot mechanics and how damage is calculated. Getting any armor is amazing improvement over no armor but to get "damage proof" you need to chase those extra 1-2 on better gear which will cost you literally fortune.
In the early game you get oneshotted by javelins and 1 or 2 hits with twohander is enough to put you down. Buy full plate armor, now javelin takes 75-85% of your health and the same twohanders kill you in 3-4 swings, wow talk about progress.
Which you also skip, although in my first post I linked a forum topic, where a guy explains why damage and armor in Pendor is a mess:
Pendor is indeed an incredibly overrated mod:
Prophesy of Pendor isn't as hard as it's just annoying. The mod's moto is essentially "No fun allowed". Salzber in this thread covers the problems pretty nicely. At the moment I'm too lazy to write what's wrong with the mod. Just don't buy into it's "The most balanced and polished and bestest mod evah" (it's actually true to an extent).

And finally:
Lol "winning game" you treat achievement as some sort of end game goal

It is an end game goal though? You have to have positive relationship with Noldor to truly finish the game.

20200329140333_1.jpg

This is my 200 day in character. She just captured a castle of her own, Seven Cross belongs to some Lord I married for power. Truly the best Warband mod ever made, how can others even compete?
You didn't reply to those either. These are not my words, but they complement my points, which you didn't acknowledge.

3) Let's add something to the previous point:
POP also does change a lot mechanics and how damage is calculated. Getting any armor is amazing improvement over no armor but to get "damage proof" you need to chase those extra 1-2 on better gear which will cost you literally fortune.
Never had issues with javelins in my 1000 hours. Siege crossbows were my menace always and biting more than i could chew. Never used noldor gear other than bow once in my bow play-trough and i still basically annihilated everyone including noldors (though you can't really beat them as they are not really a faction in game).
As for money i never really had any trouble with money reaching end game. Even without single village you can keep 200 people strong army just from loot after battle. Knights are super expensive but you won't find many armies going with more than 30-40 pro knights.
My issue with end game was that i usually take a long time to reach end game and by that time stuff like snake cultists are huge stacks of doom that takes a while and help to beat but it is fun as hell to dismantle jatu horde with bros.

This is what I meant to say with:
"Lol, I don't see the problem bro".
You just refuse to see the issues, even if they are explained to you.

4) Several times you tried to say that qualis gems are not big deal and are not that hard to acquire:
I agree that gem system is a little retarded but gems themselves are not that hard to find and it is not like you need it that much to begin with. It is used primary to start knighthood order of your own or to get into noldor stuff traders
Like i said the only problem i see from gem system is starting order with gem. But it is not huge issue because as you said you can get them also you can find them in some chests in game maps.
Which is completely false and I've already explained why:
1) The whole qualis gem system is retarded. You need qualis gems to get strong shit (gear, units, stats) to beat OP enemies and conquer Pendor. How do you get qualis gems ? You have to beat OP enemies and there's only a chance that you'll get something.
Ridiculous ! You need qualis to boost your stats, you need qualis to get the best gear, you need qualis to trade, you need qualis to recruit noldor, you need qualis to build knight chapters. So how do you get them ? You can find one in the Red Brotherhood hideout and one in some city, that I can't remember the name of, then you have two options: win noldor tournaments to have A CHANCE to get a qualis, beat overpowered invading armies of 800+ men to get A CHANCE to get qualis.

5) As for the noldor:
4) This comes from the previous point you either play the intended way or you are going to be handicapped and feel like a punchbag for local war parties. Don't want to be friends with noldor ? Lol. Don't want to use bows ? Lol. Don't want to ride a horse ? Lol. Don't want to abuse broken ranged and other units ? Lol. Wan't to fight enemies just like your soldiers do and not just sit behind lines shooting your bow ? You have been raped by the homing javelin of death for 9000 damage. Lol.

They are important, but again you trying to pretend like they are not.
The noldor stuff is also pet peve. They are faction that ignore everything and just hangs around its forest. They do have one of best gear in game but you can occasionally find those.
  • Noldor are the strongest units in the game, except minmaxed custom knights;
  • They are hostile to every faction, and the player until you raise your relations with them;
  • They sell some of the strongest gear in the game;
  • If you are friendly with them you can recruit some of their troops for qualis gems;
  • You can participate in their tournament to win qualis gems or some noldor gear;
  • If you are friendly with noldor, they will provide passive protection for your fiefs and units near their city, if not they will keep harassing you and your kingdom and it's very hard to deal with them, because their units are so strong, their warlords bring armies of several hundreds of noldor with them, they will obliterate basically anything in the game.
So they are pretty important as you can see, you also suggest fighting them like it's nothing. Sure, just jump against the crowd of elves with insane gear and stats, with basically no downsides and kill them, lol. When I was talking about their gear I was hoping that you would realise this, but you prefered to accusse me of minmaxing instead. By the way, what is wrong with minmaxing ?

To summarize:
  1. You act agressively for no real reason;
  2. You ignore points raised by others or provide non-answers;
  3. You claim to have played the mod for 1000 hours, yet some of your statements are very untrue.
I say that you understand that you don't have an argument, but don't want to acknowledge it and choose to use the ancient tactic instead: "If you can't attack the thought, attack the thinker". And that's why I called you a fanboy, you are all riled up, because somebody says things about something you like.

Secondly compared to what exactly ? Warband vanilla is completely barebones game with 1/4 of gear POP has even if you cut out noldors completely you still have a lot more content than warband. There is basically no elite gear in vanilla warband to chase as best gear is on kingdom troops you just get from battle and prices for best gear are almost the same as for normal gear.
Also, I have no idea what's this about. Why are you even bringing vanilla game up ? We weren't talking about it.

Last edited:

Turuko

Learned
All these mods are "balanced" around cheats and char editing...and that's a good thing
In other news i wish they opened the fucking preload for tomorrow, here's hoping it's not a 100GB game

Perkel

Arcane
The reason i say you are retarded minmax autist is because you are retarded minmax autist. Sometimes attacking someone on account of their idiocy is right thing to do when reason fails.

I mean you take noldor and hold onto Elven cock like you can't live without them screeching "reeeeeeeeeeeeee" because they have "better" armor than you do and you feel like it is unfair. You even complain that you can't take 800 party. No shit you can't take it because you are retard and want to go alone on 800 people party.

I said it already many times but noldor are basically just hanging around the woods doing nothing of value, they are not even real faction to begin with, they have even less presence on game than any of other similar bands like jatu, snake cultists and other stuff like that which you do have to deal with because they are aggressive and sooner or later will start pillaging your towns.

And no i said that Gem system has its bullshit side because it is required for knighthood order creation but overall i don't care about it as it is just stuff for chase items. That doesn't mean i said it is bad. Just not the greatest part of mod but completely optional and something you can completely skip even if you want that knighthood order.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
It definitely plays like good old M&B, it isn't as complex as something like Mordhau, not that it needs to.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
jpg

About that Hyborian Age mod, the equivalents of the main factions are already here:

Cimmeria - Battania
Aquilonia - Vlandia
Asgard and Vanaheim - Nords and Sturgians
Nemedia - Empire + Vlandia
Hyrkania - Khuzait
Turan - Aserai
Argos, Ophir, Corinthia - similar to the Empire
Stygia, Kush and other similar places - Aserai
Brythunia - Battania/Sturgia

Bandits and other assorted rabble can count for smaller factions.

W-w-wait you're telling me that there is a Conan mod already in the making, something that Warband never properly had (I know there were some tries to make one)

Aemar

Arcane
Not really, not at the moment at least. That character resembling Arnold was generated during Gamescom 2016 or something like that.

But now I guess M&B has finally reached a point where a Conan mod is totally achievable, even if using the standard Bannerlord assets.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Fuck, I didn't know they added BattlEye to the game. That will make my life harder running it on Linux.

Is that BannerPage mod for Warband good?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait there's no sea traversal in Bannerlord yet right? Hopefully the Team Brytenwalda chaps are working on that.

U-8D8

Savant
Wait there's no sea traversal in Bannerlord yet right? Hopefully the Team Brytenwalda chaps are working on that.
Someone shared a clip of ships with scripted movement on /mbg/ a while back. Of course you weren't able to sail them yet, but it could very well be a promise of something to come.

Rakshar

Educated
Patron
Isn't Early Access only battles ? There will be no campaign or map travel.
Unless I'm mistaken, Campaign is in.
Per the steam early access information page for what is included "In singleplayer, you will have access to Custom Battle and Campaign game modes. Campaign is a new and somewhat more structured approach to the Mount & Blade experience that blends a storyline and key events with the traditional sandbox gameplay that our players are familiar with."

XenomorphII

Prophet
Although I think they have said some features won't be working/finalized yet in the campaign mode tomorrow.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, you know the release date and the price, but what content is included in the Early Access release?

In singleplayer, you will have access to Custom Battle and Campaign game modes. Campaign is a new and somewhat more structured approach to the Mount & Blade experience that blends a storyline and key events with the traditional sandbox gameplay that our players are familiar with. Campaign aims to provide players with clear goals and missions that can lead to a successful conclusion to a playthrough. However, if you refuse to take any direction and prefer to plot your own rise to power, you can simply ignore the campaign missions and go about your business!

During a campaign playthrough you will do most of the things that you would expect from a Mount & Blade game, including creating your own character with their own backstory; exploring a vast, re-envisioned continent of Calradia; hiring companions to accompany you on your journey; raising warbands and armies to devastate your enemies on the battlefield; conquering towns and castles; progressing your character skills and equipment; learning and mastering the game's much-improved combat mechanics; and commanding and fighting alongside your troops; among a host of other things, many of which have been featured in previous blog posts!

And while there is definitely plenty of content for players to dive into and enjoy, we must be clear in reminding you that this is an Early Access release. There may be bugs and glitches, there will certainly be balancing issues, some features may be missing or currently disabled, and certain aspects of the game might not receive full-support until later down the line. You can expect to see reused scenes (our eventual aim is that each town and castle will have its own unique scene) as well as other types of placeholder content, such as voice lines, animations, quests, etc.

In terms of multiplayer content, you can expect a continuation of the recent multiplayer beta, which features 4 different game modes: Skirmish, Captain, Team Deathmatch, and Siege. We will continue to work on multiplayer throughout Early Access by introducing new features, game modes, and other additional content. We expect to enable our community to host private servers closer to the full release of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom