Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - Nemesis has a nose now!!!

flyingjohn

Arcane
So they cut:
-Puzzles
-Enemies
-A boss
-Locations(no clock tower,wtf)
-Boobs
-The event choice system
-Not sure how much they nerfed the ammo crafting stuff?

Is code veronica remake going to be one level and 200 hairstyles for Steve?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Resident Evil 3 original was already far weaker than RE 2 original so.

Shitting on REmake 3 for being worse than RE2 remake is a given, obviously, since the source materiale is worse to begin with.
I think it will enjoy RE3 remake, even despite some of the changes or shortcomings of the orginal RE3.

We know RE3 vanilla was much shittier than RE2 vanilla, and had a much more action oriented focus despite whatever you may think. It was only further emphasized in RE4.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So they cut:
-Puzzles
-Enemies
-A boss
-Boobs
-The event choice system

I can practically hear the palms rubbing at Capcom HQ as they prepare an avalanche of DLC.

Rodcocker

Arbiter
So they've taken an established engine, an established story, have some fully reused game locations/assets, and somehow managed to deliver barely half a game...? This is dissapointing. My main gripe with the RE2 Remake was that it should have been two longer, more divergent campaigns and not four with so much recyling of content. I thought concentrating on just a single campaign would have fixed all that.

Is this even the length of a single character campaign in RE6? FML. I would have picked this up Day 1.

Last edited:

Steezus

Savant
Patron

Shitting on REmake 3 for being worse than RE2 remake is a given, obviously, since the source materiale is worse to begin with.
I think it will enjoy RE3 remake, even despite some of the changes or shortcomings of the orginal RE3.

We know RE3 vanilla was much shittier than RE2 vanilla, and had a much more action oriented focus despite whatever you may think. It was only further emphasized in RE4.

"hey guys, so we gonna remake 3. make sure you don't make it super good, so we mirror the original reception."

This is high grade retardo reasoning for the mixed reception. If the game is gonna be bad, then it's because they didn't put enough time in and cut corners, not because the original Nemesis was worse/more action oriented than 2. Remake 2 was announced in 2015, I think. Remake 3 is gonna hit shelves just a year after 2. Granted, 3 had to be already in development while they were finishing up 2, but this still reeks of rushed release.

JDR13

Arcane
Since when do we blindly trust reviewers? I think I'll wait until I've played the game myself before passing judgment.

The funny thing is that he still rated it a 7/10 after spending so much time sounding negative about it. To me, that's about what the original RE3 was at best.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I always thought RE3 was better than RE2. Maybe it's because the big hook of RE2 being this city in peril and you only end up navigating Castlevania PD and sewers with maybe five or ten minutes combined of city was a great disappointment dating back. They just stuck me in a different mansion. I like that RE3 had you see how FUCKED the city became and let you actually explore sections of it.

In fact, I think RE2 drops off hard once you go into the sewers and lab.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I always thought RE3 was better than RE2. Maybe it's because the big hook of RE2 being this city in peril and you only end up navigating Castlevania PD and sewers with maybe five or ten minutes combined of city was a great disappointment dating back. They just stuck me in a different mansion. I like that RE3 had you see how FUCKED the city became and let you actually explore sections of it.

RE3 being this bum ass dumpster juice ass shitfest that pales in comparision to the glory of RE2 is def revisionist history. Critics and Gamers™ alike loved RE3 back when it came out. Code Veronica is where people started to turn on the franchise.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I know I began to turn on the whole series around RE4. The first part with the village and the cultist castle was cool (I particularly liked the hedge maze with the plagued hounds and how the cult members used medieval weaponry), but the island part after was really dumb and felt like an entirely new game. Also hated how there was ammo drops off enemies and some really dumb cartoony characters like the Napoleon midget. Babysitting Ashley was annoying shit too.

RE4 more than anything else felt like a spinoff game and one that sent the RE series from survival horror into a retarded action game overloaded with QTEs and straight up superhero shit. Wesker in RE5 is a good example of how stupid the series became.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

RE2 is way too easy and Mr. X always gives you more ammo than you use on him.

JDR13

Arcane

RE3 being this bum ass dumpster juice ass shitfest that pales in comparision to the glory of RE2 is def revisionist history. Critics and Gamers™ alike loved RE3 back when it came out. Code Veronica is where people started to turn on the franchise.

Talk about revisionist history. I clearly remember RE3 being quite divisive. It wasn't a shitfest, but it definitely wasn't beloved by all either.

Also, Code Veronica might be where *some* fans turned against RE, but RE 4-6 is where that really started with each one garnering more controversy than its predecessor.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So they cut:
-Puzzles
-Enemies
-A boss
-Boobs
-The event choice system

I can practically hear the palms rubbing at Capcom HQ as they prepare an avalanche of DLC.

I dont think they will release the DLC for the most important thing, boobs.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

"hey guys, so we gonna remake 3. make sure you don't make it super good, so we mirror the original reception."

This is high grade retardo reasoning for the mixed reception. If the game is gonna be bad, then it's because they didn't put enough time in and cut corners, not because the original Nemesis was worse/more action oriented than 2. Remake 2 was announced in 2015, I think. Remake 3 is gonna hit shelves just a year after 2. Granted, 3 had to be already in development while they were finishing up 2, but this still reeks of rushed release.

Right, I wanna stress that I agree, it is disappointing that they didn't choose to expand and fix RE3 vanilla, but I guess its mostly time contraints, which you can argue is a dumb reason to release it anyway, so yeah.

Regardless, I am certain the game offers alot of entertainment value and good stuff, eventho some things might be cut or not expanded upon. It is what it is, I'll take what I can get. You can always go back and play RE3 vanilla if you want.
I mean RE2remake cut shit from RE2, too, so, it was just overall a better story, premise and game than vanilla 3, which the REmake 3 suffers from.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
It's incredible. The game has been completely leaked like a week ago, and I still see a lot of misinformation on internet. A lot of people complaining that classic scenarios like the Clock tower aren't in the game, and then you can see shit like this

2c01e9ec1a0a8186d2d4132ed496304do.png

People claiming that Nemesis doesn't drop any loot after defeating him, some reviews saying that Nemesis does drop things after defeating him. Fucking retards, is that difficult to say the goddamn truth?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I know I began to turn on the whole series around RE4. The first part with the village and the cultist castle was cool (I particularly liked the hedge maze with the plagued hounds and how the cult members used medieval weaponry), but the island part after was really dumb and felt like an entirely new game. Also hated how there was ammo drops off enemies and some really dumb cartoony characters like the Napoleon midget. Babysitting Ashley was annoying shit too.

RE4 more than anything else felt like a spinoff game and one that sent the RE series from survival horror into a retarded action game overloaded with QTEs and straight up superhero shit. Wesker in RE5 is a good example of how stupid the series became.

Nah, the island is the logical conclusion to the game
The game has been gradually increasing the stakes up until that point, the final act needs to be bigger than the last 2.
So the devs decided to go all out and make the that last act balls out action, and it payed off as the overall campgain, and specially it's pacing, is super solid and well excuted.
As for the cartoony stuff. This series has always been retarded when it comes to plot and setting, 4 has more of that because 4 is pretty much a roller coaster.

RE4 is indeed what "killed" the series, or better yet it ensured for the next the decade the series could only go to stupid places. But it still was worth as the end result is definitely one of the games Capcom ever produced. Besides the series was already destined to veer into action territory since it's inception.

JDR13

Arcane
I thought RE4 was great. It's a little campy at times, but most RE games have those campy moments. The only thing I disliked was the weapon merchant which I thought was a terrible concept. They should have just placed the weapons and upgrades throughout the game world like the other games.

RE4 is a good game and I like the weapon merchant too. QTEs are the only really bad thing about it but even those aren't enough to break the deal.

Still I think series went into better direction with RE7 and RE2 Remake. If only they didn't make me rewatch unskippable cutscenes when redoing boss fights in RE7, goddamn retards.. :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom