Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Why are enemies so slow to turn around? I can beat much tougher enemies by just circling around them away from their shield cover.

Yeah that needs to be sorted as well, you can easily win tournaments even with a character that has nothing invested in the combat skills. I shouldn't be winning duels against empire cataphracts when I still have complete shit gear and lowbie skills.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Had no crashes so far but frequent hitching makes it unplayable. Settings don't matter. My system is outdated but plays Doom Eternal, Witcher 3 etc just fine at 1080p with either maxed settings (almost any game) or just a bit reduced (doom eternal, dunno if I could increase). I've only ever had issues with a few very badly optimized games before iirc.

People with NASA Mainframe-level PC's are reporting the same issue seemingly irrespective of OS or HD/SSD, graphics card, processor... None of the suggested fixes do anything. Note that not everyone has these hitching issues, but so far no one has figured out what specifically causes them on some systems.

Lots of reports of the game eating any amount of RAM people have (no matter the amount) and whatnot.
EDIT: They often state that the ram usage is close to or at 100% but task manager still says that there's RAM left for some reason. Some weird bug?

Loads of issues like entire lines of goods missing from stores (certain faction's armor and such), quest bugs, some bandit types bizarrely overpowered and murdering elite faction infantry easy, bizarre item stats...

There's a lot of stuff wrong which even a basic internal SP test should have caught... Weird.

For the long dev time this is disappointing... Time to wait even longer, I guess.
If there's one thing you can say for Taleworlds it's that while they're not super-competent on a technical level and never were, they do support their products seemingly forever.

So I'm hoping this will be playable for me eventually...

I have massive performance issues too. My CPU is old as fuck so I figured it might be responsible, but no. The fan isn't running loudly, it's not overheating, it seems to be doing less intensive work than with some other games. My GPU is only a year old and pretty good, so it can't be the culprit. I think the issue is RAM and memory leaks. The game runs decently enough at first, but the longer I play the worse performance gets. Just now I quit the game because it had gotten bad enough to become unresponsive. Tried to ctrl-alt-del to open task manager but my Win 7 told me it couldn't open the ctrl-alt-del menu, which points to there not being enough RAM for it. So I patiently waited for the menu to become responsive at least and quit the game that way, which took over 5 minutes.

I googled the issue and it seems to be a memory leak issue. Other people are experiencing it, too.

The memory leak(s) are a separate issue to what I'm experiencing, I think. The hitching starts right away in the tutorial for me and happens at seemingly random intervals.
Ram usage isn't maxed for me either...

Oh well. We've waited for an eternity, we can wait some more, I guess :/

Starts early for me too but it got better by reducing the texture streaming option to low (which is an option that takes a lot of RAM), and it gets worse the longer I play, which is definitely a sign of memory leak.

Sadly I couldn't even open task manager to look at memory usage when the game crapped itself. Looks like memory was so overloaded even TM couldn't load anymore.

It's happening here too. It's definitely a memory leak issue as the game starts smooth and gets worse over time until it gets to an unplayable state, which is only fixed by restarting the computer. In my case it doesn't really matter the settings.

Funposter

Arcane
oops!

EUg3dhwU0AEJKtQ.jpg

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
How do you play if you decide NOT to be a horse archer?

Master and commander, just sit back and let the plebs charge. Lancer's fine too but I guess you need to have some skill in polearms to get rid of the lance wobbling when couched.

PrettyDeadman

Enemy AI is brilliant. Just seen AI commander running away from player's army while dying from hunger. AI apparently ignores all friendly castles/towns where it can hide, instead it just keeps running while dying from hunger....

Last edited by a moderator:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What mostly fixed it for me was lowering the audio quality, of all things.
I thought it was a joke, will have to try it out then.

Might want to lower the sound quality in Windows too when you are at it. I remember it fixed issues for me in another game. Can't remember which ones now, but it was very similar. Every time there was a lot of different sounds it just lagged, murdering my CPU.

Edit:

I think it was Arma 3 actually.

Ba'al

Scholar
I got myself a copy from a friend overseas, played a couple of hours. Did a few 1v1 custom battles to try out the new combat system. Can't seem to trigger a chamber block, I wonder what I'm doing wrong. The attack chaining is interesting but I'm not sure what its benefits are, they seem just as fast as normal spamming, are they stronger?

I get quite bad stutters too. I did a few tests - entering an area right after starting the game gives me acceptable performance (and I truly have an ancient machine - q9550, 8gb ddr2 ram, r9 270, ssd) so it seems I can run the game. Entering new areas makes the game stutter, relaunching the game resets the problem.

Salvo

Arcane
Oh: https://steamdb.info/app/261550/graphs/

165,878 players right now

It's not a weekend, this is not even today's peak, it's still going up. And already surpassed Doom Eternal's peak (104K).
Already in the top 20 highest peaks. :salute:

Impressive numbers. But are all these people out-of-school students? Don't these people work? :lol:

I hope I'm just thick and missing the joke but, just in case, ---> coronavirus

Perkel

Arcane
The FPS is not the problem. Game frequently stutters for half second. And it seems like game doesn't cache anything, i saw it reload textures when i just went into inventory screen few times which also causes stutter.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Can't seem to trigger a chamber block, I wonder what I'm doing wrong. The attack chaining is interesting but I'm not sure what its benefits are, they seem just as fast as normal spamming, are they stronger?

The chamber blocking is screwy, I've only triggered it by accident so far. It's on the devs' to-do list. Could just be my imagining but there seems to be at least a small damage bonus with the chaining.

I get no stutters at all, seems to all be related to RAM and CPU.

Aemar

Arcane
Might want to lower the sound quality in Windows too when you are at it. I remember it fixed issues for me in another game. Can't remember which ones now, but it was very similar. Every time there was a lot of different sounds it just lagged, murdering my CPU.

Edit:

I think it was Arma 3 actually.
Thanks, I'll try out this fix as well. Still waiting for that first serious batch of bug fixes, or at least for some word about it.

Practice fights and tournaments in the Sturgian arenas feel amazing. The Northern style of combat, with its axes, round shields and thrown weapons, has been taken to another level in Bannerlord.

Mortmal

Arcane
I've just successfully laid siege to the second castle. But, I am not allowed in by the new castle commander. :dealwithit:
Happened to me to , except the castle was mine before...They dont even revote to give it back to you.Next playthrought as bandit king and i fuck all of them...

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I took part in two sieges, both times the AI beat the local garrison with ~100 losses, then immediately took off for another town instead of fortifying for the inevitable counter attack. So instead of defending a castle siege with 400 vs 600, it's an open battle and we get slaughtered.

Well, I wouldn't expect the AI to be super competent but this seems like something they should fix.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Factions should instead stay relatively stable without player involvement. I think this is very important. My game literally finished itself after 2 days of playing without my involvement.
Holy shit I hope they don't listen to this guy (on this subject, other than that its a good list)
I do think it might snowball too much. Need some kind of war weariness / factionalism / weakness along the way so blobbing becomes difficult without the extra resourcefulness of a PC. I mean the clan structure already signals a lot of potential on the infighting side.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Factions should instead stay relatively stable without player involvement. I think this is very important. My game literally finished itself after 2 days of playing without my involvement.
Holy shit I hope they don't listen to this guy (on this subject, other than that its a good list)
I do think it might snowball too much. Need some kind of war weariness / factionalism / weakness along the way so blobbing becomes difficult without the extra resourcefulness of a PC. I mean the clan structure already signals a lot of potential on the infighting side.
Sure some balancing is always good but I definetely don't want the game to be centered around my character either. The world should progress and evolve regardless of what the player does, that's a big part of the magic of M&B for me!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, a complete stalemate until the player comes to win the game isn't fun, but I doubt he could have meant literally that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom