Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul of War Inspired by Dungeons & Dragons

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Matthew Pablo song is kosher, but I wonder why he says that he paid him for the music, because, I was informed that the song is free to use as long as you give proper credit to Pablo.

Why, then, does he lie about paying him?

I'm glad people are enjoying it, though. I just wanted to give an update.

I'll show myself out and let you guys enjoy the game.

The Matthew Pablo song is kosher, but I wonder why he says that he paid him for the music, because, I was informed that the song is free to use as long as you give proper credit to Pablo.

Why, then, does he lie about paying him?

I'm glad people are enjoying it, though. I just wanted to give an update.

I'll show myself out and let you guys enjoy the game.

According to Matthew Pablo's site, that music doesn't seem to be free, so you were misinformed.

https://matthewpablo.com/music/video-game-music/

Search for 'Woodland Fantasy'. You can purchase a royalty free license for $20. I'm not sure where you were told it only requires attribution. Did you contact the artist yourself?

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
The new update was uploaded today, v1.3c it fixes a few more issues with battles and adds a new map. Sorry I have been away for 2 days.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
I don't know how he got you to slave for him for free, but I would expect nothing other than you defending him. The quality of the game can be good or bad, but he's still very sketchy. As to me being the reason that we only get big AAA games? Yrs, indeed it is my fault. Here are my latest game gets on PC:

Dead Monarchy
Pillars of Dust
The Amazing Fantastics
古剑奇谭二(GuJian2)
Stoneshard
Vigilantes
Guard Duty
Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders
Cat Quest
INSOMNIA: The Ark
古剑奇谭(GuJian)
Geneforge 1-5
Avernum 4-6
: 嗜血印 BloodySpell
Death's Gambit
Celestian Tales: Old Nort
Chasm
Dead in Vinland

And so it continues on. I don't know how many indie Kickstarters I have supported.

If you count AA Japanese games, then I am truly helping the degeneracy, but I haven't bought a AAA game in ages. The last one being Vampire: The Masqurade - Bloodlines 2.

I've helped him out coz I like the game and think it's worth investing in. Plus I enjoyed helping him out too, hardly "slaving"

Fair play to your contributions elsewhere, keep up the good work. Please respect our choices to support others too. Ultimately to me all that matters is that the good games keep coming.

I've learned a long time ago to let the none rpg players say what they are going too! "Falski" Thanks for standing by me if you ever need anything let me know!

The new update was uploaded today, v1.3c it fixes a few more issues with battles and adds a new map. Sorry I have been away for 2 days.
When I try to download the file, it says the filename is v1.3b. Is this just a naming error, or has the file not been properly updated?

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
When I try to download the file, it says the filename is v1.3b. Is this just a naming error, or has the file not been properly updated?
Were you able to download it? The new update was uploaded at 7am this morning eastern. if you can't download the right one please let me know I'll shoot you a direct link

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
I played the free version and first you have to work on UI. It's not user friendly.
I was wondering if you could tell me what you did not like about it? I'm only asking because most other people like it. thanks you were vague..many people that downloaded the free version at least sent me a thank you.

Were you able to download it? The new update was uploaded at 7am this morning eastern. if you can't download the right one please let me know I'll shoot you a direct link
Yeah. However, the file is called 'Copy of Soul of War v1.3c.exe'.

Been working on my own game and some other stuff, so I haven't been able to play it much lately. Had a party from the old version, consisting of a Monk, Paladin, Barbarian, and Bard, who were in Vesper. Looked around the city (although there's not much to do there), then killed the guys outside.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Yeah. However, the file is called 'Copy of Soul of War v1.3c.exe'.

Been working on my own game and some other stuff, so I haven't been able to play it much lately. Had a party from the old version, consisting of a Monk, Paladin, Barbarian, and Bard, who were in Vesper. Looked around the city (although there's not much to do there), then killed the guys outside.
I got hired in developing another game...you guys will know that game I cant say what game it is but they scooped me up good things are happening. I'm so happy for my family and I.

Anomander

Educated
I was wondering if you could tell me what you did not like about it? I'm only asking because most other people like it. thanks you were vague..many people that downloaded the free version at least sent me a thank you.
First choosing skills or spells is weird.
1. There should be buttons for skills and spells - choosing positions from menu on right click fells like some kind of Japanese blobber (where you play with keyboard anyway). Same with End turn etc.
2. Moving in battle should be on mouse button - choosing move from menu is weird.
3. Keyboard shortucts - maybe there are some but I don't know any (besides those one on start screen)
4. Some kind of map, automap or something
5. On start of combat I'm flatfooted. Where are info what does that mean?
6. When I kill all enemies battle should automatically end.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
First choosing skills or spells is weird.
1. There should be buttons for skills and spells - choosing positions from menu on right click fells like some kind of Japanese blobber (where you play with keyboard anyway). Same with End turn etc.
2. Moving in battle should be on mouse button - choosing move from menu is weird.
3. Keyboard shortucts - maybe there are some but I don't know any (besides those one on start screen)
4. Some kind of map, automap or something
5. On start of combat I'm flatfooted. Where are info what does that mean?
6. When I kill all enemies battle should automatically end.
you must not have read readme file? anyways you can set move or attack or anything else you want. all you have to do is hover over the option you want to do and hit a key to set that as a shortcut. flatfooted explains what it does if you hover the mouse over the icon right under the portrait...hmm I am very sorry you didnt like the game. A simple thank you could have been ok along with the bad stuff. It seems to me you just don't know how to play, because everything you mentioned noone else has a problem with.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Gosh I wish i could tell everyone what they want to hear, I just cant. I;m woring for someone in the game thing, i cant tell anyone accept B 3 please done light this up much!

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
I have no idea who said this the other day...some one told my with the music that they hear backround music...om my gosh thats so crazy...he said that he heard background music.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
This is the best battle song you will ever hear! i made sure of that! gosh i try to figue out how to put a music file on here I am so lost lol

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm sorry, Codex. I didn't mean to break him. Just ruffle his feathers a little. Honest to God, I swear on me mum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom