Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DOOM Eternal - the sequel to the 2016 reboot - now with The Ancient Gods DLC

Gladiator gave me lots more trouble on Nightmare compared to UV run, damn. Died several times before I remembered I had two shots of BFG available.

Generic-Giant-Spider

They did him well except for the looks. Original had this unique spectral appearance which i personally consider one of the best one in any shooter i've seen. The looks and the attack animation are just very cool where as here they made him look like this humanoid crab hybrid.
Art team has done well considering all they had to work with were muddy 90x90 sprites. Stupid changes imo = giving Barons of Hell flame-scythes. Why? They look bad-ass enough. lol.

EDIT: The Cyber Demon is definetely an improvement over Doom '16. Very faithful to the original.

Doom'16

latest
latest

iu

ZkOL5N4.jpg

5J1YPLU.jpg

QCKVfXc.jpg

Are these yours? How much did that Mastermind cost?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Really? So Rage 2 is worth playing after all?

Depends on what you're looking for. It has great combat, like really, really good. Much better than either nuDoom in my opinion. However the game structure is a big open world of nothing with "quests" that barely qualify as context for combat. It has a very simple loop of killing tons of shit to get money to buy upgrades to kill more shit. I quite enjoyed myself because the combat was so good, but if you expect literally anything else from it you'll be disappointed.

Worth A Buy guy did a good review here:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Killed Khaaaaaaan. On to the last level i assume, chasing the Icon of John Romero's head.

sullynathan

Arcane
Beat Marauder first try. Beat Gladiator first try. I don't know what happened, but when I killed the Marauder he just disappeared from the level. For some reason, the gladiator boss kept changing my guns after every glory hit. Honestly, the difficulty has leveled itself, and just remains challenging. Haven't died much since the beginning so if you guys are dying so much and not playing on nightmare, then damn.

Maybe i'll try Metro Exodus next. That's supposed to have super uber graphics, right?

Play DMC5 instead. It has uber graphix and is about slaying demons as well.

No thanks. I'd rather play as try hard OMG SLAYER than literally pretty boy faggot.
Dante is not a pretty boy.

abija

Prophet
Watching the impressive display of "skill" in sullynathan 's video reminded me how silly is that slow time rune uses rclick.

orcinator

Liturgist
God damn it. The Arch-vile is such an annoying cunt of an enemy now lol.

Is he? I always just froze him whenever he appeared and then the game gives you an instakill sword so I was never able to find out what he actually does.
I guess I saw him teleport one time I was tried killing him with the wrong gun.

Generic-Giant-Spider

If the Archvile lives for longer than 10 seconds then prepare for the mother of all zerg rushes.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Is he? I always just froze him whenever he appeared and then the game gives you an instakill sword so I was never able to find out what he actually does.
I guess I saw him teleport one time I was tried killing him with the wrong gun.

I didn't always have sword for them but freezing them and then unloading double-barrel into them works very well too.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Almost done, got through the first stage of the Icon but the game crashed after almost finishing the second one so i rage quit for now, will try in a few.

Somehow, i managed to miss the Unmakyr. I did every challenge and every secret not sure where i missed the last key. Not that i needed another super weapon when the two you get are already enough. I actually didn't use any anyway on the last level because i wanted to get the most out of those roof tops fights, but i had to relent when fighting the Icon. Too much chaos.

All in all i'll have to concede as far as modern AAA garbage goes the nuDooms are decent games. Challenging and polished, it's just irritating how many opportunities they missed to make them great, but the history of id soft hasn't been stellar after Doom 1 & 2 and Quake 1 and i guess they are continuing their tradition of saddling their products with stupid garbage even now that they have a whole new team of zoomer devs.

Somehow, i managed to miss the Unmakyr. I did every challenge and every secret not sure where i missed the last key.

Maybe you just didn't pick up the key after beating one of those Slayer Gates. Not that Unmaykr is even needed, it uses same ammo as BFG which is already rare enough anyway. I don't see any reason to use it over BFG. This run I did all Slayer Gates just for weapon points (and tryhard points) and left Unmaykr locked in the base anyway.

I'm close to the end of second run now, only last two levels left. Overall it was much easier than first run, except for couple parts, despite being on Nightmare this time, so I'll consider "git gud" achieved.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Done, killed the Icon. Lmao at the end credits with the pictures of the devs. SOOOO many wombyn with danger hairs, so many faggots. No wonder the game is filled with retardation. I bet you anything they left out the "easy" jobs like writing to the wombyn while keeping the real nerds for critical stuff like programming. Diversity is probably one of the reasons for the decline. Gotta employ all this horde of unqualified danger people and since they can't contribute on the hard stuff they get put on the more "unimportant" things.

Like that hologram lady. On the last level she was outright evil and doing propaganda TO the demons like WTF?

Maybe you just didn't pick up the key after beating one of those Slayer Gates.

Worse i had two keys with me and didn't notice. Unlocked the fifth ring then went on playing thinking the last key was on the last levels instead i had it with me and could have unlocked both rings right there and then.

But you are right. Just tried the thing and it sucks. BFG is better and since they use the same ammo no point using the "Unmakyr".

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So I ragequit after losing against the Gladiator and don't think I'll be be going back any time soon. Between him and the Marauder there isn't anything smart about their design or how you engage them in combat.

Git gud scrub.

I just saw a video you can actually triple shot him. Shotgun, gauss, shotgun again. Had no idea the window of opportunity was that long. Marauder made even easier.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Done, killed the Icon. Lmao at the end credits with the pictures of the devs. SOOOO many wombyn with danger hairs, so many faggots. No wonder the game is filled with retardation. I bet you anything they left out the "easy" jobs like writing to the wombyn while keeping the real nerds for critical stuff like programming. Diversity is probably one of the reasons for the decline. Gotta employ all this horde of unqualified danger people and since they can't contribute on the hard stuff they get put on the more "unimportant" things.

Like that hologram lady. On the last level she was outright evil and doing propaganda TO the demons like WTF?

Thank god your hatred of anything with a vagina came back, I was agreeing with you way too much lately.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom