Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm assuming balance issues with the content of the game? I'm not an expert.

read the posts just before yours
I have. Maybe they did all the content based on not having multiclassing. I've know for a very long time that the game doesn't have it. Oh well.

they cite development effort

User0001

Savant
Looks like Ultima XI

Looks like an exact cross between Ultima 7 and 8's angle:
ultima-vii-the-black-gate.png
deadmane.jpg

ss_aec81ab7b5cac0f79fc53c277f6c65ab11cd574c.1920x1080.jpg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm no coder but can someone explain why 3.5 multiclassing would be taxing to implement? Given that multiclassing in 3.5 doesn't really use its own system but is basically just adding a level from another class it seems like it shouldn't be an issue at all

They should just go ahead and merge with the KotC 2 team.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm no coder but can someone explain why 3.5 multiclassing would be taxing to implement? Given that multiclassing in 3.5 doesn't really use its own system but is basically just adding a level from another class it seems like it shouldn't be an issue at all

They should just go ahead and merge with the KotC 2 team.
To offer even less multiclassing?

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
I can believe the "lack of resources/too much effort" reason only if they designed their project in a very bad way and implemented it even worse. Last year I developed just for fun a 3.x combat system engine and implementing multiclassing came almost free thanks to how I handled class levels.

I can't imagine how they could design their system in a way that adding multiclassing would require more than 10 man-hours.

You developed 3.x engine just like that? So... where can I buy your game? :D

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can believe the "lack of resources/too much effort" reason only if they designed their project in a very bad way and implemented it even worse. Last year I developed just for fun a 3.x combat system engine and implementing multiclassing came almost free thanks to how I handled class levels.

I can't imagine how they could design their system in a way that adding multiclassing would require more than 10 man-hours.

You developed 3.x engine just like that? So... where can I buy your game? :D
I'm working on it, but the 3.x engine is less than 2% of a functioning game.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I'm poised to come out of the corner swinging: I'd be a warrior for this game in terms of commentary. But it would have to be at least as good as ToEE, which isn't EZ.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I'm poised to come out of the corner swinging: I'd be a warrior for this game in terms of commentary. But it would have to be at least as good as ToEE, which isn't EZ.

I know this is just graphic wankery and has nothing to do with gameplay, but does Realms Beyond just look and 'feel' like a 90ies era rpg to you as well? I mean it has modern graphics but the general look heavily reminds me of that which is awesome in my book. Hopefully they can deliver on the combat front as well.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I know this is just graphic wankery and has nothing to do with gameplay, but does Realms Beyond just look and 'feel' like a 90ies era rpg to you as well?

To me, it seems like early 00s era. Which is the most monocled era in terms of combat, aesthetics and... everything else.

There is no way in hell Realms Beyond is going to look as good as ToEE, though.

Still, at least it isn't going to assault the public in 2020 with fucking tokens/checkers like KotC 2.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I know this is just graphic wankery and has nothing to do with gameplay, but does Realms Beyond just look and 'feel' like a 90ies era rpg to you as well?

To me, it seems like early 00s era. Which is the most monocled era in terms of combat, aesthetics and... everything else.

There is no way in hell Realms Beyond is going to look as good as ToEE, though.

Still, at least it isn't going to assault the public in 2020 with fucking tokens/checkers like KotC 2.

Hey at least KotC 2 is considering implementing sprites after the Kickstarter. It is still coming, right guys?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom