Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
With the amount of time I have practiced in the arena my stats would be bloated to all hell as to improve manual blocking. There is no risk involved either so I don't know.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Randomized henchmen is unforgivable. They need to have set henchmen ASAP with set stories.

Where is my useful Jerasmus and Ymira and Nigar who has the fast horse I always steal.

XP need to be rewarded for partaking in practice fights even if in smaller amounts (just like in Warband), after all you're honing those specific combat skills just like any other skills in the game.

Soloing a band of 50 dudes with a couched lance should give you at least a few level ups. The game needs massive tuning.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Randomized henchmen is unforgivable. They need to have set henchmen ASAP with set stories.

Where is my useful Jerasmus and Ymira and Nigar who has the fast horse I always steal.

XP need to be rewarded for partaking in practice fights even if in smaller amounts (just like in Warband), after all you're honing those specific combat skills just like any other skills in the game.

Soloing a band of 50 dudes with a couched lance should give you at least a few level ups. The game needs massive tuning.
Yes but remember that it would be weird to have immortal companions while everyone dies or turns into oldfag.
So what then? Their children would have same personality and text?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

If you can kill 50 dudes in one battle why do you need the XP? You are already a master of it.

Hellion

Arcane
Their random companion generator needs some more name variety as well. It seems that every town I visit has a potential companion named "X the Wronged", "Y the Wanderer" or "Z the Robber".

Not to mention that most of them are just generic melee or ranged grunts stats-wise. I've only seen a couple of companions with Scouting or Roguery or any other useful non-combat party skill.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
If you can kill 50 dudes in one battle why do you need the XP? You are already a master of it.

Using my human brain to kill stuff doesn't mean the character in the game is good at it. He is very slow and can die from a single mistake. On warband killing stuff was important especially because you'd get XP based on the unit you kill so sniping high value targets with your lance would give you great level ups.

Lancing a cataphract/lord in the face for 1 billion damage should be worth at least 1 skill level up no matter what the bonus.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin

Yes but remember that it would be weird to have immortal companions while everyone dies or turns into oldfag.
So what then? Their children would have same personality and text?
Just needs better random generation. A random pick out of potentially hundreds of different avenues.

deuxhero

Arcane
Do you think that there is hidden weaboo armor in Bannerlord just like in Warband?

With cheats enabled opening the inventory on the world map shows all the items in the game (that aren't locked to MP only). There's not any.

The Strange stuff wasn't even properly implemented in Warband since some parts aren't obtainable. It's a hold over from classic.

Aemar

Arcane
Do you think that there is hidden weaboo armor in Bannerlord just like in Warband?
There has to be. IIRC it was mentioned in one of those blog entries that there are special crafting components hidden in various places around the map. So I bet there has to be some special armour hidden somewhere in a city or a remote village as well.

edit: Ninja'ed.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Bros, you know that there are landmasses outside of calradia borders. For example that large island north of sturgia (maybe homeland of nords).
I dont know if its true but i just found on 4chan probably full map of world

1585843785381.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think its too early to discount Taleworlds as some money grubbing Bethesda-esque company. They've been reasonably proactive with their support so far, and I've seen them comment on most of the issues brought up in this thread when they were mentioned on the forums.
Oh, I'm far from attacking Taleworlds, I understand the situation and after all this is EA, so whoever buys it should know better than to expect a polished game. That's why it comes at a discount and so on. I didn't have my own hopes up either, but I saw a good deal and I bought it. I'm not that hooked to playing it. I also pitched it to a colleague of mine who is currently completely addicted to it, and doesn't care about the bugs at all. I've shared with him the lore of the previous M&B games and total conversions released as separate games - WFaS and VC. He is a newly minted fan of the franchise. Personally, I'll wait for a good historical total conversion to come out. I really want something based on the Hundred years war.

Who can list what are the improvements to the engine, apart from the purely graphical stuff. What limitations have been raised - total number of settlements, total number of armies, what's new?

Aemar

Arcane
Bros, you know that there are landmasses outside of calradia borders. For example that large island north of sturgia (maybe homeland of nords).

1585843785381.jpg
Whatever lies north of Calradia is definitely the land of the Nords. We'll find out when they'll annouce the Nord DLC. To the west is the Vlandian homeland I think.

Later edit: the western continent could be Balion

https://mountandblade.fandom.com/wiki/Balion

Balion, like Geroia, is a region mentioned as existing outside of Calradia. It is stated to exist across the expansive western ocean in Warband, being mentioned as the homeland of Konrad.

It is only mentioned in Konrad's biography, where it is implied to be connected to Calradia through a shipping route. It is completely absent from the campaign. Thus, it is unknown if it is considered canon or will be revived in later installments.

It may be the in-game equivalent of Britain. Balion is an anagram of "Albion", a name sometimes referring to Britain, as well as being across a western sea just like Britain is across the British Channel and the North Sea from mainland Europe. Also, no British nation has an equivalent in Calradia, as it would have a Western European design, looking much like the Kingdom of Swadia or the Kingdom of Rhodoks.

Last edited:

user

Savant
Practice fight so you can improve getting better, not sure why there has to be XP involved in this. Keep seeing this all over. Stats don't seem to have that much of an impact anymore, it's your skill that determines if you die or survive.

Same could be said for normal fights too, but ...RPG, you know?
Should we also have the npc in the arena tell our character "you can participate in practice fights, so that the person controlling you can improve their button pushing skills".

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So I was looking to buy this and play over the weekend.

It would seems the consensus is the game is not yet prime to play?

Maybe I should wait for patches for at least the most glaring game balance and bug issues to be fixed?

Zariusz

Arbiter

1585843785381.jpg
Whatever lies north of Calradia is definitely the land of the Nords. We'll find out when they'll annouce the Nord DLC. To the west is the Vlandian homeland I think.
Maybe this could be dlc for arrival of them, Vaegirs rebel against Sturgian nordic rulers and expulse them, and those lords later come back with new armies to create Kingdom Of Nords.

EDIT: Wait, what if they made whole map because they plan to slowly milk bannerlord for years with DLC just like Paradox does.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I hope for some improvements in the prisoner system. I captured the king of the largest kingdom in my game and no one cares (and he's only worth 2400 gold) and it doesn't offer any diplomatic options.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron

Using my human brain to kill stuff doesn't mean the character in the game is good at it. He is very slow and can die from a single mistake. On warband killing stuff was important especially because you'd get XP based on the unit you kill so sniping high value targets with your lance would give you great level ups.

Lancing a cataphract/lord in the face for 1 billion damage should be worth at least 1 skill level up no matter what the bonus.

But you are your character. Even more so than Warband. Player skill is more important than ever than bonuses and points. I agree that certain targets should yield more maybe, but I don't seem to have any trouble myself with getting XP in individual categories. It gradually increase after each battle depending on what I use and the passives also goes up steadily. If it goes up any faster I have a feeling player characters will get OP way too fast.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Practice fight so you can improve getting better, not sure why there has to be XP involved in this. Keep seeing this all over. Stats don't seem to have that much of an impact anymore, it's your skill that determines if you die or survive.

Same could be said for normal fights too, but ...RPG, you know?
Should we also have the npc in the arena tell our character "you can participate in practice fights, so that the person controlling you can improve their button pushing skills".

Sure, but there should be a difference from a fight to the death and people practicing in the arena. Also you are your character right? Your personal skill level as a player should be reflected upon your character. It's not a full blooded RPG, I mean the game will always require action-gameplay input from you to succeed (well, at least if you are fighting hand to hand). I just think it would give the player too much. Training which in itself is valuable and then stat increases on top of that.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
It is the end of the game and my wife has 250 in all combat skills and I barely have 100 in polearms. Why even have perks at 250 if the player character never ever gets to use them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom